|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
(a) outfitters of the Pequod.
(b) part owners of the Pequod.
(c) builders of the Pequod.
(d) crewmen on the Pequod.
2. What does Ishmael say whale ship crew members often do with the bones of whales?
(a) throw them overboard.
(b) carve animals.
(c) make ivory prostheses for men like Ahab.
(d) make stays for corsets.
3. What occurs on the Pequod that sends Starbuck to see the captain?
(a) someone is stealing from the crew's lockers.
(b) the rum ration has run out.
(c) Moby Dick is sighted off the starboard side.
(d) there is a leak in one of the casks of whale oil.
4. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
(a) they analyze too much.
(b) they become easily bored.
(c) they ask too many questions.
(d) they become engrossed in their own thoughts.
5. To what does Ishmael attribute the hieroglyphic-like markings on the whale skin?
(b) scrapes from coral reefs.
(c) contacts with other whales.
(d) contacts with ships.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
2. What is the carpenter ordered to do with Queequeg's coffin?
3. What happens to Radney during a whale chase?
4. What is the irony of the coffin?
5. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)