|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
(a) a folio whale.
(b) an octavo whale.
(c) a duodecimo whale.
(d) a Greenland whale.
2. How is Ahab's mental condition best described by this point?
(a) truly morbid.
(b) finally sane.
(c) cheerful with expectation.
(d) much more optimistic.
3. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
(a) a teapot.
(b) a still for making rum.
(c) a barrel of lemonade.
(d) a caddy for ginger water.
4. What is Ishmael's objection to artist renditions of the whale?
(a) they are too realistic.
(b) they are painted out of the water.
(c) they are pictured in false colors.
(d) they are imaginary and not true to life.
5. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
(a) he prophecies disaster for the Pequod.
(b) he adds comic relief to the story.
(c) he explains how to get on board the Pequod.
(d) he prophecies success for the Pequod.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ishmael say about why some captured whales float while others tend to sink?
2. What does Stubb get from the dead whale?
3. How does Stubb regain a dead whale from a French whaling boat?
4. To what does Ishmael compare a painting done from observing a stranded whale?
5. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)