|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
(a) the anchor.
(b) the monkey.
(c) the cowboy.
(d) the door post.
2. To what does Ishmael compare a painting done from observing a stranded whale?
(a) to a painting of a house from another culture.
(b) to a painting of the moon.
(c) to a painting of a ship drawn from a shipwreck.
(d) to a painting of a tiger seen in a cage.
3. What does Queequeg see in the Spanish doubloon?
(a) a pair of gold earrings.
(b) the price of a bride.
(c) something to decorate his pipe.
(d) nothing of any value.
4. What does Pip do when a whale is harpooned?
(a) he starts to cry.
(b) he hides in the bottom of the boat.
(c) he hits the whale with his oar.
(d) he jumps into the ocean.
5. What does Ishmael say about why some captured whales float while others tend to sink?
(a) the reason is unknown.
(b) some whales take in more air.
(c) some whales have more solid bones.
(d) the reason has to do with size.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Starbuck send Stubb to report the storm damage to Captain Ahab?
2. What happens to the harpoon especially made for Moby Dick?
3. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
4. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
5. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)