|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Starbuck contemplate when he finds Ahab asleep?
(a) murdering the captain.
(b) locking up the captain.
(c) waking the captain.
(d) scaring the captain.
2. What strange thing does Ahab do looking at the head of the captured whale?
(a) he speaks to it.
(b) he curses it.
(c) he drives a harpoon through it.
(d) he watches it all night long.
3. To what does Ishmael compare a painting done from observing a stranded whale?
(a) to a painting of a house from another culture.
(b) to a painting of a tiger seen in a cage.
(c) to a painting of the moon.
(d) to a painting of a ship drawn from a shipwreck.
4. How does Ishmael recognize newcomers to whaling on the streets of New Bedford?
(a) They do not know how to dress.
(b) They look dazed.
(c) They are carrying large carpetbags.
(d) They have on new Macintoshes.
5. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pip is finally rescued after jumping the second time from the boat, what is his condition?
2. What does Ahab contemplate concerning the man who carves his peg leg and builds coffins?
3. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
4. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
5. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)