|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Ishmael attribute the hieroglyphic-like markings on the whale skin?
(a) contacts with other whales.
(b) scrapes from coral reefs.
(c) contacts with ships.
2. What happens to the harpoon especially made for Moby Dick?
(a) it catches on fire in ahab's boat.
(b) it is tossed overboard during the storm.
(c) it is lost when Ahab's boat breaks apart.
(d) it smashes into the captain's cabin.
3. What is the irony of the coffin?
(a) a thing of death is an omen for the future.
(b) a thing of death is a visual reminder of Moby Dick.
(c) a thing of death is being turned into a thing of life.
(d) a thing of death is so beautifully carved.
4. Why does the captain of a whale ship the Pequod meets at sea not want to board the Pequod?
(a) he does not like Ahab.
(b) he is jealous of the Pequod's catch.
(c) his crew is ill.
(d) he never leaves his own ship.
5. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
(a) the marks of distinction.
(b) the time away from land.
(c) the dangers of the sea.
(d) the heroism of whaling.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the carpenter ordered to do with Queequeg's coffin?
2. What reaction do both Ahab and Starbuck have to the Spanish doubloon still nailed to the mast?
3. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
4. How does Stubb convince the French ship to leave?
5. What happens to the two men who turn on Steelkilt and come out of the locked scuttle?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)