|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) Balam and the ass.
(b) the creation of sea creatures.
(c) preparing for death.
(d) Jonah and the whale.
2. What is the irony of the coffin?
(a) a thing of death is a visual reminder of Moby Dick.
(b) a thing of death is so beautifully carved.
(c) a thing of death is being turned into a thing of life.
(d) a thing of death is an omen for the future.
3. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
(a) a defrocked priest.
(b) a prophet of the Neskyeuna Shakers.
(c) another man named Starbuck.
(d) a savage from the islands.
4. Why does the captain of a whale ship the Pequod meets at sea not want to board the Pequod?
(a) he is jealous of the Pequod's catch.
(b) he never leaves his own ship.
(c) he does not like Ahab.
(d) his crew is ill.
5. What is the major problem while the whale is tied to the side of the ship?
(a) balancing the ship.
(b) changing the direction of the ship.
(c) keeping the ropes from breaking.
(d) keeping the sharks away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
2. How does Ishmael introduce the story of Moby Dick?
3. How does Ishmael describe the possibility of mutiny on a whale ship?
4. What does Queequeg see in the Spanish doubloon?
5. How does Stubb regain a dead whale from a French whaling boat?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)