|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flask see as he examines the doubloon?
(a) the plan he has for getting it for himself.
(b) the astrological meaning of the engraving on the coin.
(c) the number of cigars it will buy.
(d) the way it shines in the sunlight.
2. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
(a) they ask too many questions.
(b) they become engrossed in their own thoughts.
(c) they analyze too much.
(d) they become easily bored.
3. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Maple.
(b) Father Pine.
(c) Father Sycamore.
(d) Father Elm.
4. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
(a) still at home in his bedroom.
(b) in his cabin.
(c) standing on the deck.
(d) bringing up the rear.
5. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
(a) an elongated fish with big eyes.
(b) an elephant of the ocean.
(c) a spouting fish with a horizontal tail.
(d) a lumbering fish with a verticle tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ahab order the ship's blacksmith to do?
2. After the whale is captured, what is the next step?
3. What is the speculation about the noise coming from the after hold?
4. To what does Ishmael attribute the Sag Harbor man's disbelief in the story of Jonah?
5. What do they find in the corpse of the blind and crippled whale?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)