|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Flask see as he examines the doubloon?
(a) the way it shines in the sunlight.
(b) the number of cigars it will buy.
(c) the astrological meaning of the engraving on the coin.
(d) the plan he has for getting it for himself.
2. What does Ahab order the ship's blacksmith to do?
(a) reinforce the sides of the Pequod.
(b) make more lances to use on Moby Dick.
(c) forge an iron harpoon only for Moby Dick.
(d) make a cast iron coffin for him if Moby Dick is not found.
3. How does Ishmael introduce the story of Moby Dick?
(a) by Ahab's description of the white whale.
(b) in a dream he has about a white whale.
(c) by suggesting the white whale is a myth.
(d) with stories of the dangerous white whale.
4. Why does Ishmael linger on the Biblical story of Jonah?
(a) because he remembers sermons about Jonah.
(b) because some crewmen doubt the story.
(c) because he does not believe the Biblical account.
(d) because it explains a lot about whales.
5. Why does Starbuck send Stubb to report the storm damage to Captain Ahab?
(a) to give Stubb a feeling of importance.
(b) for fear of what he might do to the captain if he goes back.
(c) because Stubb knows how to talk to the captain.
(d) because he is too busy saving the ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
2. What does Queequeg see in the Spanish doubloon?
3. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
4. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
5. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)