|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
(b) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
(c) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
(d) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
2. What do they find in the corpse of the blind and crippled whale?
(a) a harpoon and cord and a stone lance.
(b) timbers from a whaling boat.
(c) an unborn whale.
(d) the remains of a man.
3. What does Ahab order the ship's blacksmith to do?
(a) reinforce the sides of the Pequod.
(b) make a cast iron coffin for him if Moby Dick is not found.
(c) forge an iron harpoon only for Moby Dick.
(d) make more lances to use on Moby Dick.
4. Why does Pip join on one of the whaling boats?
(a) because he begs to go along.
(b) because he was sleeping in the boat.
(c) because one of the crew is injured.
(d) because he angered Captain ahab.
5. What is the carpenter doing when Ahab ascends to deck the next morning?
(a) repairing holes in the deck.
(b) turning the coffin into a life buoy.
(c) carving Ahab's new ivory leg.
(d) making a table for the captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange thing does Ahab do looking at the head of the captured whale?
2. When Pip is finally rescued after jumping the second time from the boat, what is his condition?
3. Why does the captain of a whale ship the Pequod meets at sea not want to board the Pequod?
4. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
5. What does Flask see as he examines the doubloon?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)