|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
(a) an octavo whale.
(b) a folio whale.
(c) a duodecimo whale.
(d) a Greenland whale.
2. What does Stubb instruct Daggoo to do for him?
(a) carve his name on the whale's back.
(b) take over securing the whale to the ship.
(c) cut a steak from the tail of the whale.
(d) cut out a tooth from the whale.
3. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
(a) go wake up Captain Ahab.
(b) leave the Pequod on a raft.
(c) jump overboard and swim to shore.
(d) return to shore in a small boat.
4. What does Ishmael say about why some captured whales float while others tend to sink?
(a) some whales have more solid bones.
(b) the reason is unknown.
(c) the reason has to do with size.
(d) some whales take in more air.
5. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) Jonah and the whale.
(b) Balam and the ass.
(c) preparing for death.
(d) the creation of sea creatures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stubb get from the dead whale?
2. After the whale is captured, what is the next step?
3. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
4. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
5. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)