|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Ahab's mental condition best described by this point?
(a) finally sane.
(b) truly morbid.
(c) cheerful with expectation.
(d) much more optimistic.
2. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
(b) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
(c) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
(d) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
3. What does Pip do when a whale is harpooned?
(a) he hides in the bottom of the boat.
(b) he starts to cry.
(c) he jumps into the ocean.
(d) he hits the whale with his oar.
4. What happens to Queequeg while he helps locate the oil leak?
(a) he gets into a fight with Tashtego.
(b) he becomes ill and almost dies.
(c) he falls into a cask of sperm whale oil.
(d) he slips on the oil and cracks open his head.
5. What does Stubb get from the dead whale?
(a) a substance known as Ambergis.
(b) the bones in the mouth.
(c) the skull and teeth.
(d) the tail fins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rumor about other fish when they encounter the white whale?
2. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
3. What does Ishmael recount about the Samuel Enderby that occurs many years later?
4. What do Ahab and the captain of the Samuel Enderby have in common?
5. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)