|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
(a) the sperm whale.
(b) the albino whale.
(c) the duodecimo whale.
(d) the octavo whale.
2. What does Ishmael recount about the Samuel Enderby that occurs many years later?
(a) he has a fine social evening on board the ship.
(b) he hears that Moby Dick sank the ship.
(c) he learns how the Samuel Enderby ran aground.
(d) he meets a sailor who remembers Captain Ahab.
3. What happens to the boat Ishmael is in during the whale hunt?
(a) it capsizes and all are thrown into the water.
(b) the boat takes on water and sinks.
(c) the whale they harpoon takes a bite out of the boat.
(d) it gets stuck on the back of a whale.
4. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
(a) He uses history to honor whalers.
(b) He agrees that whalers are low caste.
(c) He defends their crude manners.
(d) He explains why they are socially low.
5. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
(a) an elephant of the ocean.
(b) an elongated fish with big eyes.
(c) a lumbering fish with a verticle tail.
(d) a spouting fish with a horizontal tail.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ishmael linger on the Biblical story of Jonah?
2. Why does Pip join on one of the whaling boats?
3. When Pip is finally rescued after jumping the second time from the boat, what is his condition?
4. What part of the whale is the most valuable to the whalers?
5. What does Ahab finally admit?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)