|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) giving the owners shrunken heads.
(b) offering to work for less pay.
(c) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
(d) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
2. What do Ahab and the captain of the Samuel Enderby have in common?
(a) they are both looking for information about Moby Dick.
(b) they both lost a limb to Moby Dick.
(c) they are both looking for revenge against Moby Dick.
(d) they are both insane.
3. What part of the whale is the most valuable to the whalers?
(a) the ivory teeth and bones.
(b) the blubber.
(c) the head and tail.
(d) the skin.
4. What is the rumor about other fish when they encounter the white whale?
(a) they rise to the surface.
(b) they kill themselves.
(c) they swim away in terror.
(d) they group to attack the whale.
5. What is the irony of the coffin?
(a) a thing of death is being turned into a thing of life.
(b) a thing of death is a visual reminder of Moby Dick.
(c) a thing of death is an omen for the future.
(d) a thing of death is so beautifully carved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ahab order the ship's blacksmith to do?
2. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
3. What startles the crew as they prepare to go after a whale?
4. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
5. What happens to the boat Ishmael is in during the whale hunt?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)