|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Starbuck send Stubb to report the storm damage to Captain Ahab?
(a) to give Stubb a feeling of importance.
(b) for fear of what he might do to the captain if he goes back.
(c) because Stubb knows how to talk to the captain.
(d) because he is too busy saving the ship.
2. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
(a) by giving a brief commentary on different kinds of whale.
(b) by giving a background on Captain Ahab.
(c) by discussing the ideal weather for whatling.
(d) by defining the process of spotting whales.
3. How does Ahab become more irritated as the Pequod sails in the Pacific Ocean?
(a) he begins having strange dreams about Moby Dick.
(b) he believes the crew are not watchful enough.
(c) he thinks Moby Dick has returned to the Indian ocean.
(d) he knows Moby Dick is swimming in the same ocean.
4. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
5. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
(b) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
(c) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
(d) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What startles the crew as they prepare to go after a whale?
2. What does Stubb instruct Daggoo to do for him?
3. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
4. What happens to the boat Ishmael is in during the whale hunt?
5. What happens to the mast of the Pequod during a typhoon?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)