|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ishmael think Chapter 45 is the most important one in the book?
(a) because it deals with whale stories.
(b) because it describes behaviors of whales.
(c) because it discusses the pecularities of Ahab.
(d) because it describes Moby Dick in detail.
2. What is Ishmael's evidence that sperm whales have knowingly and maliciously been destructive to men and their ships?
(a) other ships that have had bad encounters with whales.
(b) his own experience with whales while he was at sea.
(c) stories printed in British and American newspapers.
(d) interviews with survivors of whale attacks.
3. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
(a) a still for making rum.
(b) a teapot.
(c) a caddy for ginger water.
(d) a barrel of lemonade.
4. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
(a) he explains how to get on board the Pequod.
(b) he prophecies success for the Pequod.
(c) he adds comic relief to the story.
(d) he prophecies disaster for the Pequod.
5. What happens to Radney during a whale chase?
(a) he is murdered by Steelkilt.
(b) he is thrown overboard.
(c) he is eaten by the whale.
(d) he is promoted to harpooner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurs on the Pequod that sends Starbuck to see the captain?
2. What is the carpenter ordered to do with Queequeg's coffin?
3. What does Ahab finally admit?
4. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
5. What does Ahab contemplate concerning the man who carves his peg leg and builds coffins?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)