|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Queequeg while he helps locate the oil leak?
(a) he falls into a cask of sperm whale oil.
(b) he slips on the oil and cracks open his head.
(c) he gets into a fight with Tashtego.
(d) he becomes ill and almost dies.
2. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
(a) to get news of Moby Dick.
(b) to have him check the Pequod's charts.
(c) to have dinner with him.
(d) to give him medical supplies.
3. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
(a) a teapot.
(b) a caddy for ginger water.
(c) a barrel of lemonade.
(d) a still for making rum.
4. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
(b) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
(c) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
(d) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
5. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Pip is finally rescued after jumping the second time from the boat, what is his condition?
2. What does Ahab discover the next morning after the storm?
3. To what does Ishmael attribute the hieroglyphic-like markings on the whale skin?
4. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
5. What does the captain of a German whaling ship want from the Pequod?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)