|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the harpoon especially made for Moby Dick?
(a) it smashes into the captain's cabin.
(b) it is lost when Ahab's boat breaks apart.
(c) it catches on fire in ahab's boat.
(d) it is tossed overboard during the storm.
2. What happens to the mast of the Pequod during a typhoon?
(a) it glows in the dark.
(b) it catches on fire.
(c) it breaks in two.
(d) it loses all its sails.
3. What does Ahab finally admit?
(a) that he is an inept captain.
(b) that Starbuck is right and he is wrong.
(c) that he has been wrong and should return home.
(d) that he cannot look at the bright side of things.
4. How does Ishmael describe the possibility of mutiny on a whale ship?
(a) he tells the story of the Bounty.
(b) he tells the story of the Nautilus.
(c) he tells the story of Sinbad and Ali.
(d) he tells the story of Steelkilt and Radney.
5. Why does Pip join on one of the whaling boats?
(a) because one of the crew is injured.
(b) because he was sleeping in the boat.
(c) because he begs to go along.
(d) because he angered Captain ahab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the major problem while the whale is tied to the side of the ship?
2. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
3. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
4. To what does Ishmael compare a painting done from observing a stranded whale?
5. What does Ishmael say about why some captured whales float while others tend to sink?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)