|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Pip is finally rescued after jumping the second time from the boat, what is his condition?
(a) he has gone insane.
(b) he has lost all his clothes.
(c) he has lost the ability to speak.
(d) his skin and hair has turned white.
2. What is the irony of the coffin?
(a) a thing of death is a visual reminder of Moby Dick.
(b) a thing of death is being turned into a thing of life.
(c) a thing of death is so beautifully carved.
(d) a thing of death is an omen for the future.
3. What occurs on the Pequod that sends Starbuck to see the captain?
(a) there is a leak in one of the casks of whale oil.
(b) someone is stealing from the crew's lockers.
(c) Moby Dick is sighted off the starboard side.
(d) the rum ration has run out.
4. What startles the crew as they prepare to go after a whale?
(a) whales completely surrounding the ship.
(b) five men they had not seen before.
(c) Captain Ahab without his ivory peg leg.
(d) a hole in the bottom of each whale boat.
5. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
(a) his long arms.
(b) a long stick.
(c) his harpoon.
(d) a small lasso.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the chaplain?
2. What part of the whale is the most valuable to the whalers?
3. What is the name of the ship the Pequod meets in Chapter 100?
4. What is Ishmael's new hotel called?
5. What is the speculation about Ahab's knowledge of the stowaways?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)