|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 127.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the carpenter ordered to do with Queequeg's coffin?
(a) turn it into a life buoy.
(b) turn it into an oil cask.
(c) dismantle it for fire wood.
(d) use it to patch up Ahab's boat.
2. What does Ahab point at Starbuck?
(a) His finger
(b) A gun
(c) His leg
(d) A knife
3. What was Father Mapple in his youth?
(a) A gangster
(b) A lawyer
(c) A judge
(d) A harpooner
4. Who watches everyone approach the gold coin?
5. What does Ishmael say about why some captured whales float while others tend to sink?
(a) some whales take in more air.
(b) the reason is unknown.
(c) some whales have more solid bones.
(d) the reason has to do with size.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pelag allow Queequeg on the ship?
2. Which character is served last at the captain's table?
3. What reaction do both Ahab and Starbuck have to the Spanish doubloon still nailed to the mast?
4. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
5. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)