|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ishmael introduce the story of Moby Dick?
(a) with stories of the dangerous white whale.
(b) in a dream he has about a white whale.
(c) by Ahab's description of the white whale.
(d) by suggesting the white whale is a myth.
2. Which of the following characters does Ahab not eat dinner with?
3. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
(a) the albino whale.
(b) the sperm whale.
(c) the duodecimo whale.
(d) the octavo whale.
4. What does Ahab use to chart the path of a sperm whale?
(a) A soundsystem and a telescope
(b) Microscopic cameras
(c) Nautical charts and logbooks
(d) A compass
5. What habit of whales do the whaling ships use to find their prey?
(a) they way they always go to the same place to spawn.
(b) the way they head south in the winter.
(c) the way they follow certain routes to new feeding areas.
(d) the way they spout when finding schools of fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the speculation about Ahab's knowledge of the stowaways?
2. What kind of whale is the largest of the whales?
3. What was Father Mapple in his youth?
4. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
5. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)