|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
2. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
(a) an elongated fish with big eyes.
(b) a spouting fish with a horizontal tail.
(c) a lumbering fish with a verticle tail.
(d) an elephant of the ocean.
3. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
(a) a folio whale.
(b) a duodecimo whale.
(c) an octavo whale.
(d) a Greenland whale.
4. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Pequod.
(b) the Devil-dam.
(c) the Titanic.
(d) the Tit-bit.
5. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
(a) the dangers of the sea.
(b) the marks of distinction.
(c) the heroism of whaling.
(d) the time away from land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
2. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
3. How does Ishmael introduce the story of Moby Dick?
4. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
5. What habit of whales do the whaling ships use to find their prey?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)