|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the speculation about the noise coming from the after hold?
(a) There are ghosts on the Pequod.
(b) There is live bait in the hold.
(c) Moby Dick is sniffing out Captain Ahab.
(d) There are stowaways on board.
2. How does Ishmael introduce the story of Moby Dick?
(a) by suggesting the white whale is a myth.
(b) by Ahab's description of the white whale.
(c) in a dream he has about a white whale.
(d) with stories of the dangerous white whale.
3. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
(a) still at home in his bedroom.
(b) bringing up the rear.
(c) in his cabin.
(d) standing on the deck.
4. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
(a) the duodecimo whale.
(b) the octavo whale.
(c) the albino whale.
(d) the sperm whale.
5. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
2. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
3. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
4. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
5. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)