|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the speculation about Ahab's knowledge of the stowaways?
(a) that he is aware of them.
(b) that he will have them thrown overboard.
(c) that he knows why they are there.
(d) that he is playing a game with them.
2. What is the speculation about the noise coming from the after hold?
(a) Moby Dick is sniffing out Captain Ahab.
(b) There are stowaways on board.
(c) There are ghosts on the Pequod.
(d) There is live bait in the hold.
3. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
(a) builders of the Pequod.
(b) crewmen on the Pequod.
(c) outfitters of the Pequod.
(d) part owners of the Pequod.
4. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
(a) in his cabin.
(b) bringing up the rear.
(c) still at home in his bedroom.
(d) standing on the deck.
5. What does Ishmael think is more remarkable than the whale's size and color?
(a) its ability to stay for days under water.
(b) its memory.
(c) its intelligence and cunning.
(d) its ability to destroy a large ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
2. What is the rumor about other fish when they encounter the white whale?
3. How does Ishmael introduce the story of Moby Dick?
4. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
5. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)