|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Pine.
(b) Father Sycamore.
(c) Father Maple.
(d) Father Elm.
2. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
(b) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
(c) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
(d) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
3. What is the speculation about the noise coming from the after hold?
(a) There is live bait in the hold.
(b) Moby Dick is sniffing out Captain Ahab.
(c) There are ghosts on the Pequod.
(d) There are stowaways on board.
4. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
(a) go wake up Captain Ahab.
(b) return to shore in a small boat.
(c) jump overboard and swim to shore.
(d) leave the Pequod on a raft.
5. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
(a) they are criminals sabotaging the Pequod.
(b) they are ghosts and not real men.
(c) they are figments of Ishmael's imagination.
(d) they will not board with Captain Ahab.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
2. How does Ishmael recognize newcomers to whaling on the streets of New Bedford?
3. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
4. What is the speculation about Ahab's knowledge of the stowaways?
5. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)