|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
(a) return to shore in a small boat.
(b) leave the Pequod on a raft.
(c) go wake up Captain Ahab.
(d) jump overboard and swim to shore.
2. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
(a) the marks of distinction.
(b) the heroism of whaling.
(c) the dangers of the sea.
(d) the time away from land.
3. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
4. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
5. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
(b) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
(c) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
(d) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
2. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
3. What does Ishmael think is more remarkable than the whale's size and color?
4. What is the speculation about the noise coming from the after hold?
5. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)