|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
2. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Elm.
(b) Father Sycamore.
(c) Father Pine.
(d) Father Maple.
3. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Titanic.
(b) the Tit-bit.
(c) the Devil-dam.
(d) the Pequod.
4. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) giving the owners shrunken heads.
(b) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
(c) offering to work for less pay.
(d) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
5. What is the rumor about other fish when they encounter the white whale?
(a) they swim away in terror.
(b) they group to attack the whale.
(c) they rise to the surface.
(d) they kill themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What habit of whales do the whaling ships use to find their prey?
2. What does Ishmael think is more remarkable than the whale's size and color?
3. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
4. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
5. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)