|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) preparing for death.
(b) Jonah and the whale.
(c) the creation of sea creatures.
(d) Balam and the ass.
2. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
(a) the albino whale.
(b) the octavo whale.
(c) the duodecimo whale.
(d) the sperm whale.
3. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
(a) an elephant of the ocean.
(b) an elongated fish with big eyes.
(c) a spouting fish with a horizontal tail.
(d) a lumbering fish with a verticle tail.
4. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
(a) bacon and eggs.
(b) clam and cod chowder.
(c) fish and chips.
(d) ham and gravy.
5. What is the speculation about the noise coming from the after hold?
(a) There are ghosts on the Pequod.
(b) There is live bait in the hold.
(c) Moby Dick is sniffing out Captain Ahab.
(d) There are stowaways on board.
Short Answer Questions
1. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
2. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
3. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
4. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
5. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)