|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishmael think is more remarkable than the whale's size and color?
(a) its ability to destroy a large ship.
(b) its memory.
(c) its intelligence and cunning.
(d) its ability to stay for days under water.
2. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
3. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
(a) ham and gravy.
(b) fish and chips.
(c) clam and cod chowder.
(d) bacon and eggs.
4. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
(a) a spouting fish with a horizontal tail.
(b) a lumbering fish with a verticle tail.
(c) an elephant of the ocean.
(d) an elongated fish with big eyes.
5. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) the creation of sea creatures.
(b) Jonah and the whale.
(c) preparing for death.
(d) Balam and the ass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
2. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
3. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
4. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
5. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)