|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Tit-bit.
(b) the Devil-dam.
(c) the Pequod.
(d) the Titanic.
2. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) the creation of sea creatures.
(b) Balam and the ass.
(c) Jonah and the whale.
(d) preparing for death.
3. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
(a) by giving a background on Captain Ahab.
(b) by discussing the ideal weather for whatling.
(c) by giving a brief commentary on different kinds of whale.
(d) by defining the process of spotting whales.
4. What is the speculation about Ahab's knowledge of the stowaways?
(a) that he is playing a game with them.
(b) that he will have them thrown overboard.
(c) that he is aware of them.
(d) that he knows why they are there.
5. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Maple.
(b) Father Pine.
(c) Father Sycamore.
(d) Father Elm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the speculation about the noise coming from the after hold?
2. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
3. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
4. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
5. How does Ishmael introduce the story of Moby Dick?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)