|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does Ahab not eat dinner with?
2. What does Ahab use to chart the path of a sperm whale?
(a) Nautical charts and logbooks
(b) Microscopic cameras
(c) A soundsystem and a telescope
(d) A compass
3. What do Peleg and Bildad do once the Pequod is in the Atlantic Ocean?
(a) return to shore in a small boat.
(b) leave the Pequod on a raft.
(c) jump overboard and swim to shore.
(d) go wake up Captain Ahab.
4. What is it customary for a fisherman to do before he sets sail?
(b) Attend chapel
(c) Get drunk
(d) Find women
5. Which two characters own the ship?
(a) Charity and Bildad
(b) Peleg and Ahab
(c) Peleg and Bildad
(d) Charity and Ahab
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the landlady want Queequeg to leave downstairs?
2. What is Ishmael's new hotel called?
3. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
4. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
5. What does Ishmael think is more remarkable than the whale's size and color?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)