|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
(a) they analyze too much.
(b) they become easily bored.
(c) they become engrossed in their own thoughts.
(d) they ask too many questions.
2. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
(a) the marks of distinction.
(b) the time away from land.
(c) the heroism of whaling.
(d) the dangers of the sea.
3. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
(a) builders of the Pequod.
(b) crewmen on the Pequod.
(c) part owners of the Pequod.
(d) outfitters of the Pequod.
4. What is the speculation about Ahab's knowledge of the stowaways?
(a) that he is aware of them.
(b) that he knows why they are there.
(c) that he is playing a game with them.
(d) that he will have them thrown overboard.
5. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
(a) fish and chips.
(b) clam and cod chowder.
(c) ham and gravy.
(d) bacon and eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
2. What is the rumor about other fish when they encounter the white whale?
3. What does Ishmael think is more remarkable than the whale's size and color?
4. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
5. What habit of whales do the whaling ships use to find their prey?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)