|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
(a) bringing up the rear.
(b) in his cabin.
(c) standing on the deck.
(d) still at home in his bedroom.
2. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
(a) his work in the galley.
(b) his first experience serving watch.
(c) his time in the whaling boats.
(d) his experience in swabbing the deck.
3. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
(a) fish and chips.
(b) clam and cod chowder.
(c) bacon and eggs.
(d) ham and gravy.
4. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
5. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Devil-dam.
(b) the Tit-bit.
(c) the Pequod.
(d) the Titanic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
2. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
3. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
4. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
5. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)