|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Tit-bit.
(b) the Pequod.
(c) the Titanic.
(d) the Devil-dam.
2. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
(b) giving the owners shrunken heads.
(c) offering to work for less pay.
(d) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
3. What is the rumor about other fish when they encounter the white whale?
(a) they swim away in terror.
(b) they rise to the surface.
(c) they kill themselves.
(d) they group to attack the whale.
4. Which of the following best describes Moby Dick?
(a) A myth
(b) A vengeful monster
(c) A whale with the intelligence of a human
(d) The largest whale in the ocean
5. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
(a) He uses history to honor whalers.
(b) He explains why they are socially low.
(c) He agrees that whalers are low caste.
(d) He defends their crude manners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
2. Who does Ishmael say wrote about Greenland whales?
3. What is the name of the captain of the ship?
4. Which of the following is a reason why whales are different from fish?
5. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)