|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
(a) he explains how to get on board the Pequod.
(b) he prophecies success for the Pequod.
(c) he prophecies disaster for the Pequod.
(d) he adds comic relief to the story.
2. How does Ishmael introduce the story of Moby Dick?
(a) in a dream he has about a white whale.
(b) with stories of the dangerous white whale.
(c) by suggesting the white whale is a myth.
(d) by Ahab's description of the white whale.
3. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
4. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
5. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
2. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
3. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
4. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
5. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)