|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
(a) the duodecimo whale.
(b) the albino whale.
(c) the octavo whale.
(d) the sperm whale.
2. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
3. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Sycamore.
(b) Father Pine.
(c) Father Elm.
(d) Father Maple.
4. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
(a) an elephant of the ocean.
(b) a spouting fish with a horizontal tail.
(c) a lumbering fish with a verticle tail.
(d) an elongated fish with big eyes.
5. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
(a) standing on the deck.
(b) bringing up the rear.
(c) in his cabin.
(d) still at home in his bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
2. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
3. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
4. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
5. What habit of whales do the whaling ships use to find their prey?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)