|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
(a) fish and chips.
(b) ham and gravy.
(c) bacon and eggs.
(d) clam and cod chowder.
2. What habit of whales do the whaling ships use to find their prey?
(a) the way they head south in the winter.
(b) the way they spout when finding schools of fish.
(c) the way they follow certain routes to new feeding areas.
(d) they way they always go to the same place to spawn.
3. Who is Charity and what is her function regarding the Pequod?
(a) Peleg's wife, she orders the food supplies.
(b) Bildad's sister and part owner, she brings supplies.
(c) she supervises the storing of the supplies.
(d) she brings Bibles and religious supplies.
4. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
5. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the speculation about the noise coming from the after hold?
2. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
3. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
4. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
5. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)