|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the subject matter of the sermon in the chapel?
(a) Balam and the ass.
(b) Jonah and the whale.
(c) the creation of sea creatures.
(d) preparing for death.
2. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
(a) a Greenland whale.
(b) a duodecimo whale.
(c) a folio whale.
(d) an octavo whale.
3. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
(a) crewmen on the Pequod.
(b) outfitters of the Pequod.
(c) builders of the Pequod.
(d) part owners of the Pequod.
4. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
(b) offering to work for less pay.
(c) giving the owners shrunken heads.
(d) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
5. What is the rumor about other fish when they encounter the white whale?
(a) they rise to the surface.
(b) they swim away in terror.
(c) they kill themselves.
(d) they group to attack the whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
2. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
3. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
4. Why does Elijah challenge Ishmael to find the men he saw heading for the Pequod?
5. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)