|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
(a) the sperm whale.
(b) the albino whale.
(c) the duodecimo whale.
(d) the octavo whale.
2. What is the conversation like at breakfast in the Spouter Inn?
3. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
4. What do the plaques in the whaler's chapel remind Ishmael of?
(a) the time away from land.
(b) the heroism of whaling.
(c) the dangers of the sea.
(d) the marks of distinction.
5. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
(a) an octavo whale.
(b) a duodecimo whale.
(c) a Greenland whale.
(d) a folio whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
2. What does Ishmael think is more remarkable than the whale's size and color?
3. What is the speculation about the noise coming from the after hold?
4. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
5. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)