|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-42 | Chapters 43-44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
(a) by giving a brief commentary on different kinds of whale.
(b) by defining the process of spotting whales.
(c) by discussing the ideal weather for whatling.
(d) by giving a background on Captain Ahab.
2. What is the speculation about Ahab's knowledge of the stowaways?
(a) that he is aware of them.
(b) that he knows why they are there.
(c) that he is playing a game with them.
(d) that he will have them thrown overboard.
3. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
(a) part owners of the Pequod.
(b) crewmen on the Pequod.
(c) outfitters of the Pequod.
(d) builders of the Pequod.
4. How does Ishmael recognize newcomers to whaling on the streets of New Bedford?
(a) They look dazed.
(b) They are carrying large carpetbags.
(c) They do not know how to dress.
(d) They have on new Macintoshes.
5. Who is the chaplain of the whaler's place of worship?
(a) Father Pine.
(b) Father Sycamore.
(c) Father Maple.
(d) Father Elm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What apology does Ishmael make about whalers?
2. What does Queequeg use to reach his food?
3. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
4. Where is Captain Ahab as the crew begins coming aboard the Pequod?
5. Who pilots the Pequod out of the Nantucket harbor?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)