|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81-82 | Chapter 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishmael say about why some captured whales float while others tend to sink?
(a) the reason has to do with size.
(b) some whales take in more air.
(c) some whales have more solid bones.
(d) the reason is unknown.
2. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
(a) his experience in swabbing the deck.
(b) his first experience serving watch.
(c) his time in the whaling boats.
(d) his work in the galley.
3. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
4. To what does Ishmael attribute the hieroglyphic-like markings on the whale skin?
(a) scrapes from coral reefs.
(b) contacts with ships.
(c) contacts with other whales.
5. To what does Ishmael attribute the Sag Harbor man's disbelief in the story of Jonah?
(a) his personal experience inside a whale.
(b) his listening to too many doubters.
(c) his custom of arguing with everyone.
(d) his minute education and inability to reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the major problem while the whale is tied to the side of the ship?
2. What startles the crew as they prepare to go after a whale?
3. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
4. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
5. After the whale is captured, what is the next step?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)