|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81-82 | Chapter 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story about a whale attack compares to the history of the Titanic?
(a) the ship struck an ice berg while chasing a whale.
(b) the ship was sunk on its maiden expedition.
(c) the whale looked like an ice berg.
(d) the ship was believed to be unsinkable.
2. What part of the whale is the most valuable to the whalers?
(a) the skin.
(b) the head and tail.
(c) the blubber.
(d) the ivory teeth and bones.
3. What does Stubb instruct Daggoo to do for him?
(a) cut a steak from the tail of the whale.
(b) cut out a tooth from the whale.
(c) carve his name on the whale's back.
(d) take over securing the whale to the ship.
4. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
(a) by giving a brief commentary on different kinds of whale.
(b) by discussing the ideal weather for whatling.
(c) by defining the process of spotting whales.
(d) by giving a background on Captain Ahab.
5. After the whale is captured, what is the next step?
(a) hauling it back to the ship.
(b) estimating its weight.
(c) cutting off its head and tail.
(d) removing its skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the captain of a German whaling ship want from the Pequod?
2. What startles the crew as they prepare to go after a whale?
3. What do they find in the corpse of the blind and crippled whale?
4. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
5. Why does Ishmael think Chapter 45 is the most important one in the book?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)