|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81-82 | Chapter 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of whale is the largest of the whales?
(a) A hunchback whale
(b) A greenland whale
(c) A blue whale
(d) A sperm whale
2. Why does Ishmael linger on the Biblical story of Jonah?
(a) because he remembers sermons about Jonah.
(b) because he does not believe the Biblical account.
(c) because some crewmen doubt the story.
(d) because it explains a lot about whales.
3. What happens to the boat Ishmael is in during the whale hunt?
(a) the whale they harpoon takes a bite out of the boat.
(b) the boat takes on water and sinks.
(c) it gets stuck on the back of a whale.
(d) it capsizes and all are thrown into the water.
4. Why is Queequeg initially not allowed on the ship?
(a) He is sick
(b) He is not a Christian
(c) He is too frail
(d) He not American
5. What are Ishmael and Queequeg doing at the beginning of Chapter 47?
(b) Weaving a mat
(c) Extracting oil
(d) Washing the deck
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Ishmael attribute the Sag Harbor man's disbelief in the story of Jonah?
2. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
3. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
4. Which of the following is a reason why whales are different from fish?
5. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)