|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81-82 | Chapter 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
(a) by discussing the ideal weather for whatling.
(b) by giving a brief commentary on different kinds of whale.
(c) by giving a background on Captain Ahab.
(d) by defining the process of spotting whales.
2. Why does Pelag allow Queequeg on the ship?
(a) He is hardworking
(b) He is good with a tomahawk
(c) He is good with a harpoon
(d) He is strong and healthy
3. Who does Stubb ask to talk to the sharks?
(d) The cook
4. Why does one man denounce the story of Jonah and the whale?
(a) Jonah did not exist
(b) A whale could not swallow a whole man
(c) Jonah would not have survived his ship wreck
(d) A whale eats only fish
5. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
(a) a Greenland whale.
(b) a duodecimo whale.
(c) a folio whale.
(d) an octavo whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ishmael say wrote about Greenland whales?
2. What does Stubb instruct Daggoo to do for him?
3. What kind of sea creatures eat the dead whale?
4. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
5. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)