|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81-82 | Chapter 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
2. What does the captain of a German whaling ship want from the Pequod?
(d) lamp oil.
3. Why does Ishmael think Chapter 45 is the most important one in the book?
(a) because it describes Moby Dick in detail.
(b) because it describes behaviors of whales.
(c) because it discusses the pecularities of Ahab.
(d) because it deals with whale stories.
4. What is the major problem while the whale is tied to the side of the ship?
(a) balancing the ship.
(b) changing the direction of the ship.
(c) keeping the sharks away.
(d) keeping the ropes from breaking.
5. To what does Ishmael attribute the hieroglyphic-like markings on the whale skin?
(a) contacts with ships.
(b) scrapes from coral reefs.
(c) contacts with other whales.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
2. What story about a whale attack compares to the history of the Titanic?
3. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
4. After the whale is captured, what is the next step?
5. What strange thing does Ahab do looking at the head of the captured whale?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)