|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81-82 | Chapter 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What strange thing does Ahab do looking at the head of the captured whale?
(a) he watches it all night long.
(b) he speaks to it.
(c) he drives a harpoon through it.
(d) he curses it.
2. What does Stubb instruct Daggoo to do for him?
(a) cut a steak from the tail of the whale.
(b) cut out a tooth from the whale.
(c) take over securing the whale to the ship.
(d) carve his name on the whale's back.
3. What is the major problem while the whale is tied to the side of the ship?
(a) keeping the ropes from breaking.
(b) balancing the ship.
(c) keeping the sharks away.
(d) changing the direction of the ship.
4. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
(a) crewmen on the Pequod.
(b) part owners of the Pequod.
(c) outfitters of the Pequod.
(d) builders of the Pequod.
5. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) offering to work for less pay.
(b) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
(c) giving the owners shrunken heads.
(d) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story about a whale attack compares to the history of the Titanic?
2. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
3. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
4. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
5. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)