|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81-82 | Chapter 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
(a) they become easily bored.
(b) they ask too many questions.
(c) they become engrossed in their own thoughts.
(d) they analyze too much.
2. What strange thing does Ahab do looking at the head of the captured whale?
(a) he speaks to it.
(b) he drives a harpoon through it.
(c) he watches it all night long.
(d) he curses it.
3. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
(a) the duodecimo whale.
(b) the octavo whale.
(c) the sperm whale.
(d) the albino whale.
4. After the whale is captured, what is the next step?
(a) estimating its weight.
(b) cutting off its head and tail.
(c) removing its skin.
(d) hauling it back to the ship.
5. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
(a) a Greenland whale.
(b) a duodecimo whale.
(c) a folio whale.
(d) an octavo whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
2. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
3. To what does Ishmael compare the weaving of a mat?
4. To what does Ishmael attribute the hieroglyphic-like markings on the whale skin?
5. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)