|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81-82 | Chapter 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishmael say about why some captured whales float while others tend to sink?
(a) some whales take in more air.
(b) the reason is unknown.
(c) some whales have more solid bones.
(d) the reason has to do with size.
2. What strange thing does Ahab do looking at the head of the captured whale?
(a) he drives a harpoon through it.
(b) he watches it all night long.
(c) he curses it.
(d) he speaks to it.
3. What does Stubb instruct Daggoo to do for him?
(a) cut a steak from the tail of the whale.
(b) carve his name on the whale's back.
(c) cut out a tooth from the whale.
(d) take over securing the whale to the ship.
4. What does the captain of a German whaling ship want from the Pequod?
(b) lamp oil.
5. What story about a whale attack compares to the history of the Titanic?
(a) the ship struck an ice berg while chasing a whale.
(b) the ship was believed to be unsinkable.
(c) the ship was sunk on its maiden expedition.
(d) the whale looked like an ice berg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second objection the Sag Harbor man has for the veracity of the story of Jonah?
2. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
3. What startles the crew as they prepare to go after a whale?
4. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
5. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)