|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81-82 | Chapter 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
(a) he prophecies success for the Pequod.
(b) he adds comic relief to the story.
(c) he explains how to get on board the Pequod.
(d) he prophecies disaster for the Pequod.
2. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
(a) an octavo whale.
(b) a Greenland whale.
(c) a folio whale.
(d) a duodecimo whale.
3. After the whale is captured, what is the next step?
(a) hauling it back to the ship.
(b) removing its skin.
(c) cutting off its head and tail.
(d) estimating its weight.
4. To what does Ishmael attribute the Sag Harbor man's disbelief in the story of Jonah?
(a) his custom of arguing with everyone.
(b) his listening to too many doubters.
(c) his personal experience inside a whale.
(d) his minute education and inability to reason.
5. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Pequod.
(b) the Tit-bit.
(c) the Titanic.
(d) the Devil-dam.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second objection the Sag Harbor man has for the veracity of the story of Jonah?
2. What startles the crew as they prepare to go after a whale?
3. What is the major problem while the whale is tied to the side of the ship?
4. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
5. What happens to the boat Ishmael is in during the whale hunt?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)