|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81-82 | Chapter 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
(a) he explains how to get on board the Pequod.
(b) he prophecies disaster for the Pequod.
(c) he adds comic relief to the story.
(d) he prophecies success for the Pequod.
2. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
3. What story about a whale attack compares to the history of the Titanic?
(a) the ship struck an ice berg while chasing a whale.
(b) the whale looked like an ice berg.
(c) the ship was sunk on its maiden expedition.
(d) the ship was believed to be unsinkable.
4. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
(a) builders of the Pequod.
(b) part owners of the Pequod.
(c) outfitters of the Pequod.
(d) crewmen on the Pequod.
5. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
(a) by discussing the ideal weather for whatling.
(b) by giving a brief commentary on different kinds of whale.
(c) by defining the process of spotting whales.
(d) by giving a background on Captain Ahab.
Short Answer Questions
1. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
2. What does the captain of a German whaling ship want from the Pequod?
3. What part of the whale is the most valuable to the whalers?
4. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
5. What happens to the boat Ishmael is in during the whale hunt?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)