|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81-82 | Chapter 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stubb instruct Daggoo to do for him?
(a) take over securing the whale to the ship.
(b) carve his name on the whale's back.
(c) cut out a tooth from the whale.
(d) cut a steak from the tail of the whale.
2. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
(b) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
(c) giving the owners shrunken heads.
(d) offering to work for less pay.
3. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
(a) his first experience serving watch.
(b) his experience in swabbing the deck.
(c) his time in the whaling boats.
(d) his work in the galley.
4. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
(a) the Tit-bit.
(b) the Titanic.
(c) the Devil-dam.
(d) the Pequod.
5. What does the captain of a German whaling ship want from the Pequod?
(a) lamp oil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ishmael think Chapter 45 is the most important one in the book?
2. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
3. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
4. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
5. After the whale is captured, what is the next step?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)