|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81-82 | Chapter 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the whale is captured, what is the next step?
(a) removing its skin.
(b) cutting off its head and tail.
(c) estimating its weight.
(d) hauling it back to the ship.
2. What part of the whale is the most valuable to the whalers?
(a) the blubber.
(b) the skin.
(c) the ivory teeth and bones.
(d) the head and tail.
3. How does Queequeg manage to sign on with the Pequod after first being turned down?
(a) agreeing to convert to Christianity.
(b) giving the owners shrunken heads.
(c) demonstrating his skill with the harpoon.
(d) offering to work for less pay.
4. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
5. What does Stubb instruct Daggoo to do for him?
(a) cut a steak from the tail of the whale.
(b) take over securing the whale to the ship.
(c) carve his name on the whale's back.
(d) cut out a tooth from the whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
2. What does Ishmael say about why some captured whales float while others tend to sink?
3. To what does Ishmael compare the weaving of a mat?
4. What strange thing does Ahab do looking at the head of the captured whale?
5. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)