|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81-82 | Chapter 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Try Pots Inn in Nantucket, what is the staple menu?
(a) fish and chips.
(b) clam and cod chowder.
(c) bacon and eggs.
(d) ham and gravy.
2. What happens to the boat Ishmael is in during the whale hunt?
(a) the whale they harpoon takes a bite out of the boat.
(b) the boat takes on water and sinks.
(c) it capsizes and all are thrown into the water.
(d) it gets stuck on the back of a whale.
3. What type of whale are the men of the Pequod looking for?
(a) the duodecimo whale.
(b) the sperm whale.
(c) the octavo whale.
(d) the albino whale.
4. What part of the whale is the most valuable to the whalers?
(a) the blubber.
(b) the head and tail.
(c) the skin.
(d) the ivory teeth and bones.
5. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
(a) they become easily bored.
(b) they become engrossed in their own thoughts.
(c) they analyze too much.
(d) they ask too many questions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange thing does Ahab do looking at the head of the captured whale?
2. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
3. Why does Ishmael linger on the Biblical story of Jonah?
4. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
5. What is the major problem while the whale is tied to the side of the ship?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)