|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81-82 | Chapter 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishmael say about why some captured whales float while others tend to sink?
(a) some whales have more solid bones.
(b) the reason has to do with size.
(c) the reason is unknown.
(d) some whales take in more air.
2. What type of whale is Moby Dick, the whale they are searching for?
(a) a duodecimo whale.
(b) a Greenland whale.
(c) a folio whale.
(d) an octavo whale.
3. What early shipboard duty does Ishmael describe?
(a) his first experience serving watch.
(b) his work in the galley.
(c) his time in the whaling boats.
(d) his experience in swabbing the deck.
4. What story about a whale attack compares to the history of the Titanic?
(a) the ship struck an ice berg while chasing a whale.
(b) the ship was believed to be unsinkable.
(c) the whale looked like an ice berg.
(d) the ship was sunk on its maiden expedition.
5. What do they find in the corpse of the blind and crippled whale?
(a) an unborn whale.
(b) a harpoon and cord and a stone lance.
(c) timbers from a whaling boat.
(d) the remains of a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the whale is the most valuable to the whalers?
2. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
3. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
4. Who are Peleg and Bildad?
5. What does the captain of a German whaling ship want from the Pequod?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)