|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 81-82 | Chapter 83.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ishmael digress after the first whales are spotted?
(a) by discussing the ideal weather for whatling.
(b) by giving a brief commentary on different kinds of whale.
(c) by defining the process of spotting whales.
(d) by giving a background on Captain Ahab.
2. How does Ishmael ultimately describe the whale?
(a) an elongated fish with big eyes.
(b) a spouting fish with a horizontal tail.
(c) a lumbering fish with a verticle tail.
(d) an elephant of the ocean.
3. To what does Ishmael compare the weaving of a mat?
(b) map making.
4. What is the name of Queequeg's small, carved idol?
5. Why does Ishmael advise against putting intellectual men on watch?
(a) they become engrossed in their own thoughts.
(b) they analyze too much.
(c) they ask too many questions.
(d) they become easily bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Ishmael attribute the hieroglyphic-like markings on the whale skin?
2. What does Stubb instruct Daggoo to do for him?
3. What strange thing does Ahab do looking at the head of the captured whale?
4. Which ship does Ishmael select for him and Queequeg to sign on?
5. What purpose does the mad Elijah serve in the story?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)