|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dream predict can kill Ahab?
(c) an iron harpoon.
2. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
(a) by writing in a diary.
(b) with a great deal of tension.
(c) with his sense of humor.
(d) by not thinking about it.
3. What does Fedallah say about his own death?
(a) he will die before Ahab.
(b) he will die of fright.
(c) he will die on land.
(d) he will die of old age.
4. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
(a) sing and dance.
(c) tell sea tales.
(d) play cards.
5. What odd behavior on the part of Ahab occurs over the apparatus used for determining latitude?
(a) Ahab uses it to throw at a whale.
(b) Ahab dashes it against the deck of the ship.
(c) Ahab orders it taken to the top of the mast.
(d) Ahab throws it overboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ahab's vengeance done to him?
2. Why does Ahab's boat stay in the ocean and not return after they catch four whales?
3. What is Starbuck's disagreement with Ahab's purpose for the trip?
4. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
5. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)