|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
(a) he carves the teeth from the whale.
(b) he carries equipment to the other crew members.
(c) he takes the watch for more whales.
(d) he descends to hold it secure.
2. What odd behavior on the part of Ahab occurs over the apparatus used for determining latitude?
(a) Ahab dashes it against the deck of the ship.
(b) Ahab throws it overboard.
(c) Ahab orders it taken to the top of the mast.
(d) Ahab uses it to throw at a whale.
3. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
(a) a still for making rum.
(b) a teapot.
(c) a caddy for ginger water.
(d) a barrel of lemonade.
4. Why does the captain of a whale ship the Pequod meets at sea not want to board the Pequod?
(a) his crew is ill.
(b) he never leaves his own ship.
(c) he is jealous of the Pequod's catch.
(d) he does not like Ahab.
5. What does Ahab question the men about?
(a) their willingness to sail for three years.
(b) their experience in whaling.
(c) their families back home.
(d) their procedure when they spot a whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dream predict can kill Ahab?
2. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
3. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
4. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
5. What has Ahab's vengeance done to him?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)