|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
(a) he descends to hold it secure.
(b) he carries equipment to the other crew members.
(c) he carves the teeth from the whale.
(d) he takes the watch for more whales.
2. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
(a) the door post.
(b) the cowboy.
(c) the anchor.
(d) the monkey.
3. What does Ahab question the men about?
(a) their willingness to sail for three years.
(b) their experience in whaling.
(c) their families back home.
(d) their procedure when they spot a whale.
4. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
(a) with his sense of humor.
(b) by not thinking about it.
(c) by writing in a diary.
(d) with a great deal of tension.
5. What is Starbuck's disagreement with Ahab's purpose for the trip?
(a) the need to get oil and return to Nantucket quickly.
(b) the moral correctness of finding the white whale.
(c) the futility of vengeance against a whale.
(d) the missed opportunities to capture other whales.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ahab's boat stay in the ocean and not return after they catch four whales?
2. What does Fedallah's dream depict about hearses?
3. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
4. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
5. What does Fedallah say about his own death?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)