|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
(b) sing and dance.
(c) tell sea tales.
(d) play cards.
2. What does Ahab question the men about?
(a) their experience in whaling.
(b) their families back home.
(c) their willingness to sail for three years.
(d) their procedure when they spot a whale.
3. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
(a) to give him medical supplies.
(b) to get news of Moby Dick.
(c) to have dinner with him.
(d) to have him check the Pequod's charts.
4. Why does Ahab's boat stay in the ocean and not return after they catch four whales?
(a) the ship cannot handle more than three whales at a time.
(b) Ahab is too tired to return that evening.
(c) the whale near Ahab is too far to reach the ship by nightfall.
(d) the whale is too large for one boat to haul.
5. What does Fedallah's dream depict about hearses?
(a) Ahab will ride in a wooden hearse.
(b) Ahab will be saved by a hearse.
(c) Ahab will never ride in a hearse.
(d) Ahab will see one not made with human hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
2. Why does the captain of a whale ship the Pequod meets at sea not want to board the Pequod?
3. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
4. What is Starbuck's disagreement with Ahab's purpose for the trip?
5. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)