|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ahab's vengeance done to him?
(a) He cannot sleep at night.
(b) His hair has turned white.
(c) He has lost his appetite.
(d) He finds no pleasure in life.
2. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
(a) he descends to hold it secure.
(b) he carves the teeth from the whale.
(c) he carries equipment to the other crew members.
(d) he takes the watch for more whales.
3. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
(a) by writing in a diary.
(b) with his sense of humor.
(c) with a great deal of tension.
(d) by not thinking about it.
4. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
(b) tell sea tales.
(c) play cards.
(d) sing and dance.
5. Why does Ahab's boat stay in the ocean and not return after they catch four whales?
(a) Ahab is too tired to return that evening.
(b) the whale near Ahab is too far to reach the ship by nightfall.
(c) the ship cannot handle more than three whales at a time.
(d) the whale is too large for one boat to haul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fedallah's dream depict about hearses?
2. What foreshadows what is likely to happen to Ahab and Fedallah?
3. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
4. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
5. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)