|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
(a) with his sense of humor.
(b) by writing in a diary.
(c) by not thinking about it.
(d) with a great deal of tension.
2. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
(a) he carries equipment to the other crew members.
(b) he descends to hold it secure.
(c) he takes the watch for more whales.
(d) he carves the teeth from the whale.
3. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
(a) to get news of Moby Dick.
(b) to have him check the Pequod's charts.
(c) to have dinner with him.
(d) to give him medical supplies.
4. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
(a) It is slanted and easy to lose footing.
(b) It is double decked.
(c) It has many dents made by Ahab's prosthesis.
(d) It is covered with sharkskin.
5. What is Starbuck's disagreement with Ahab's purpose for the trip?
(a) the missed opportunities to capture other whales.
(b) the need to get oil and return to Nantucket quickly.
(c) the moral correctness of finding the white whale.
(d) the futility of vengeance against a whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ahab's vengeance done to him?
2. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
3. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
4. What foreshadows what is likely to happen to Ahab and Fedallah?
5. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)