|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
(a) a barrel of lemonade.
(b) a caddy for ginger water.
(c) a teapot.
(d) a still for making rum.
2. What does Fedallah's dream depict about hearses?
(a) Ahab will never ride in a hearse.
(b) Ahab will see one not made with human hands.
(c) Ahab will ride in a wooden hearse.
(d) Ahab will be saved by a hearse.
3. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
(a) tell sea tales.
(c) sing and dance.
(d) play cards.
4. What does Ahab question the men about?
(a) their experience in whaling.
(b) their procedure when they spot a whale.
(c) their willingness to sail for three years.
(d) their families back home.
5. Why does Ahab's boat stay in the ocean and not return after they catch four whales?
(a) the ship cannot handle more than three whales at a time.
(b) Ahab is too tired to return that evening.
(c) the whale is too large for one boat to haul.
(d) the whale near Ahab is too far to reach the ship by nightfall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
2. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
3. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
4. What has Ahab's vengeance done to him?
5. What does Fedallah say about his own death?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)