|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fedallah's dream depict about hearses?
(a) Ahab will ride in a wooden hearse.
(b) Ahab will never ride in a hearse.
(c) Ahab will see one not made with human hands.
(d) Ahab will be saved by a hearse.
2. What does Fedallah say about his own death?
(a) he will die on land.
(b) he will die of fright.
(c) he will die of old age.
(d) he will die before Ahab.
3. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
(a) tell sea tales.
(b) sing and dance.
(d) play cards.
4. What does Ahab question the men about?
(a) their families back home.
(b) their experience in whaling.
(c) their procedure when they spot a whale.
(d) their willingness to sail for three years.
5. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
(a) to have him check the Pequod's charts.
(b) to give him medical supplies.
(c) to have dinner with him.
(d) to get news of Moby Dick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
2. Why does Ahab's boat stay in the ocean and not return after they catch four whales?
3. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
4. Why does the captain of a whale ship the Pequod meets at sea not want to board the Pequod?
5. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)