|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
(a) to have him check the Pequod's charts.
(b) to give him medical supplies.
(c) to get news of Moby Dick.
(d) to have dinner with him.
2. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
(b) tell sea tales.
(c) play cards.
(d) sing and dance.
3. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
(a) by not thinking about it.
(b) with a great deal of tension.
(c) with his sense of humor.
(d) by writing in a diary.
4. What does Fedallah say about his own death?
(a) he will die on land.
(b) he will die of fright.
(c) he will die of old age.
(d) he will die before Ahab.
5. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
(a) a barrel of lemonade.
(b) a caddy for ginger water.
(c) a teapot.
(d) a still for making rum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the dream predict can kill Ahab?
2. What odd behavior on the part of Ahab occurs over the apparatus used for determining latitude?
3. Why does the captain of a whale ship the Pequod meets at sea not want to board the Pequod?
4. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
5. What does Fedallah's dream depict about hearses?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)