|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
(a) to get news of Moby Dick.
(b) to have dinner with him.
(c) to have him check the Pequod's charts.
(d) to give him medical supplies.
2. What does Fedallah say about his own death?
(a) he will die of old age.
(b) he will die on land.
(c) he will die of fright.
(d) he will die before Ahab.
3. What does Ahab question the men about?
(a) their willingness to sail for three years.
(b) their families back home.
(c) their experience in whaling.
(d) their procedure when they spot a whale.
4. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
(a) It is slanted and easy to lose footing.
(b) It is covered with sharkskin.
(c) It is double decked.
(d) It has many dents made by Ahab's prosthesis.
5. What odd behavior on the part of Ahab occurs over the apparatus used for determining latitude?
(a) Ahab dashes it against the deck of the ship.
(b) Ahab throws it overboard.
(c) Ahab orders it taken to the top of the mast.
(d) Ahab uses it to throw at a whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fedallah's dream depict about hearses?
2. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
3. What has Ahab's vengeance done to him?
4. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
5. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)