|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
(a) he descends to hold it secure.
(b) he takes the watch for more whales.
(c) he carves the teeth from the whale.
(d) he carries equipment to the other crew members.
2. Why does Ahab's boat stay in the ocean and not return after they catch four whales?
(a) the whale near Ahab is too far to reach the ship by nightfall.
(b) Ahab is too tired to return that evening.
(c) the whale is too large for one boat to haul.
(d) the ship cannot handle more than three whales at a time.
3. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
(a) a teapot.
(b) a still for making rum.
(c) a caddy for ginger water.
(d) a barrel of lemonade.
4. Why does the captain of a whale ship the Pequod meets at sea not want to board the Pequod?
(a) he never leaves his own ship.
(b) his crew is ill.
(c) he is jealous of the Pequod's catch.
(d) he does not like Ahab.
5. What foreshadows what is likely to happen to Ahab and Fedallah?
(a) a dream Ahab has while waiting out the night.
(b) a story Ahab remembers about Moby Dick.
(c) a story Fedallah tells while on Ahab's boat.
(d) a dream Fedallah has while on Ahab's boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
2. What odd behavior on the part of Ahab occurs over the apparatus used for determining latitude?
3. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
4. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
5. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)