|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ahab question the men about?
(a) their procedure when they spot a whale.
(b) their willingness to sail for three years.
(c) their experience in whaling.
(d) their families back home.
2. What does the dream predict can kill Ahab?
(b) an iron harpoon.
3. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
(a) the cowboy.
(b) the monkey.
(c) the anchor.
(d) the door post.
4. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
(a) he carves the teeth from the whale.
(b) he takes the watch for more whales.
(c) he descends to hold it secure.
(d) he carries equipment to the other crew members.
5. What foreshadows what is likely to happen to Ahab and Fedallah?
(a) a dream Ahab has while waiting out the night.
(b) a story Fedallah tells while on Ahab's boat.
(c) a story Ahab remembers about Moby Dick.
(d) a dream Fedallah has while on Ahab's boat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
2. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
3. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
4. What has Ahab's vengeance done to him?
5. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)