|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
(a) tell sea tales.
(b) sing and dance.
(d) play cards.
2. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
(a) with his sense of humor.
(b) by not thinking about it.
(c) by writing in a diary.
(d) with a great deal of tension.
3. What does the dream predict can kill Ahab?
(a) an iron harpoon.
4. What is Starbuck's disagreement with Ahab's purpose for the trip?
(a) the need to get oil and return to Nantucket quickly.
(b) the missed opportunities to capture other whales.
(c) the futility of vengeance against a whale.
(d) the moral correctness of finding the white whale.
5. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
(a) the door post.
(b) the cowboy.
(c) the anchor.
(d) the monkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
2. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
3. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
4. What odd behavior on the part of Ahab occurs over the apparatus used for determining latitude?
5. What does Ahab question the men about?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)