|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fedallah say about his own death?
(a) he will die on land.
(b) he will die of old age.
(c) he will die before Ahab.
(d) he will die of fright.
2. What does the dream predict can kill Ahab?
(c) an iron harpoon.
3. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
(a) It is covered with sharkskin.
(b) It has many dents made by Ahab's prosthesis.
(c) It is double decked.
(d) It is slanted and easy to lose footing.
4. What foreshadows what is likely to happen to Ahab and Fedallah?
(a) a dream Fedallah has while on Ahab's boat.
(b) a story Fedallah tells while on Ahab's boat.
(c) a dream Ahab has while waiting out the night.
(d) a story Ahab remembers about Moby Dick.
5. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
(a) a defrocked priest.
(b) another man named Starbuck.
(c) a savage from the islands.
(d) a prophet of the Neskyeuna Shakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
2. Why does Ahab's boat stay in the ocean and not return after they catch four whales?
3. What does Ahab question the men about?
4. Why does the captain of a whale ship the Pequod meets at sea not want to board the Pequod?
5. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)