|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ahab's boat stay in the ocean and not return after they catch four whales?
(a) the ship cannot handle more than three whales at a time.
(b) the whale is too large for one boat to haul.
(c) the whale near Ahab is too far to reach the ship by nightfall.
(d) Ahab is too tired to return that evening.
2. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
(a) he takes the watch for more whales.
(b) he carries equipment to the other crew members.
(c) he carves the teeth from the whale.
(d) he descends to hold it secure.
3. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
(a) It is double decked.
(b) It is slanted and easy to lose footing.
(c) It has many dents made by Ahab's prosthesis.
(d) It is covered with sharkskin.
4. Which character admits to laughing about the situation when he is by himself?
5. What foreshadows what is likely to happen to Ahab and Fedallah?
(a) a dream Ahab has while waiting out the night.
(b) a story Fedallah tells while on Ahab's boat.
(c) a dream Fedallah has while on Ahab's boat.
(d) a story Ahab remembers about Moby Dick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ahab ask the captain of the Jeroboam about?
2. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
3. What does Fedallah's dream depict about hearses?
4. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
5. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)