|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What odd behavior on the part of Ahab occurs over the apparatus used for determining latitude?
(a) Ahab uses it to throw at a whale.
(b) Ahab dashes it against the deck of the ship.
(c) Ahab orders it taken to the top of the mast.
(d) Ahab throws it overboard.
2. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
(a) It is covered with sharkskin.
(b) It has many dents made by Ahab's prosthesis.
(c) It is slanted and easy to lose footing.
(d) It is double decked.
3. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
(a) he takes the watch for more whales.
(b) he carves the teeth from the whale.
(c) he carries equipment to the other crew members.
(d) he descends to hold it secure.
4. Why does the captain of a whale ship the Pequod meets at sea not want to board the Pequod?
(a) his crew is ill.
(b) he does not like Ahab.
(c) he never leaves his own ship.
(d) he is jealous of the Pequod's catch.
5. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
(a) a barrel of lemonade.
(b) a still for making rum.
(c) a teapot.
(d) a caddy for ginger water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Ahab's vengeance done to him?
2. Why does Ahab's boat stay in the ocean and not return after they catch four whales?
3. What does Ahab question the men about?
4. What does the dream predict can kill Ahab?
5. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)