|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
(a) a defrocked priest.
(b) a prophet of the Neskyeuna Shakers.
(c) another man named Starbuck.
(d) a savage from the islands.
2. What has Ahab's vengeance done to him?
(a) He has lost his appetite.
(b) He finds no pleasure in life.
(c) His hair has turned white.
(d) He cannot sleep at night.
3. What odd behavior on the part of Ahab occurs over the apparatus used for determining latitude?
(a) Ahab dashes it against the deck of the ship.
(b) Ahab uses it to throw at a whale.
(c) Ahab throws it overboard.
(d) Ahab orders it taken to the top of the mast.
4. What does Ahab question the men about?
(a) their experience in whaling.
(b) their willingness to sail for three years.
(c) their procedure when they spot a whale.
(d) their families back home.
5. What foreshadows what is likely to happen to Ahab and Fedallah?
(a) a story Ahab remembers about Moby Dick.
(b) a story Fedallah tells while on Ahab's boat.
(c) a dream Fedallah has while on Ahab's boat.
(d) a dream Ahab has while waiting out the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Starbuck's disagreement with Ahab's purpose for the trip?
2. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
3. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
4. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
5. Why does Ahab's boat stay in the ocean and not return after they catch four whales?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)