|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What odd behavior on the part of Ahab occurs over the apparatus used for determining latitude?
(a) Ahab orders it taken to the top of the mast.
(b) Ahab throws it overboard.
(c) Ahab dashes it against the deck of the ship.
(d) Ahab uses it to throw at a whale.
2. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
(a) to have dinner with him.
(b) to have him check the Pequod's charts.
(c) to give him medical supplies.
(d) to get news of Moby Dick.
3. What does Fedallah's dream depict about hearses?
(a) Ahab will see one not made with human hands.
(b) Ahab will never ride in a hearse.
(c) Ahab will be saved by a hearse.
(d) Ahab will ride in a wooden hearse.
4. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
(a) tell sea tales.
(b) play cards.
(d) sing and dance.
5. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
(a) he takes the watch for more whales.
(b) he descends to hold it secure.
(c) he carries equipment to the other crew members.
(d) he carves the teeth from the whale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insane crew member of the Jeroboam claims to be the Angel Gabriel?
2. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
3. Why does Ahab's boat stay in the ocean and not return after they catch four whales?
4. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
5. Why does the captain of a whale ship the Pequod meets at sea not want to board the Pequod?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)