|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
(a) the door post.
(b) the cowboy.
(c) the anchor.
(d) the monkey.
2. What foreshadows what is likely to happen to Ahab and Fedallah?
(a) a story Fedallah tells while on Ahab's boat.
(b) a dream Fedallah has while on Ahab's boat.
(c) a dream Ahab has while waiting out the night.
(d) a story Ahab remembers about Moby Dick.
3. What is Starbuck's disagreement with Ahab's purpose for the trip?
(a) the moral correctness of finding the white whale.
(b) the futility of vengeance against a whale.
(c) the missed opportunities to capture other whales.
(d) the need to get oil and return to Nantucket quickly.
4. What does Fedallah's dream depict about hearses?
(a) Ahab will never ride in a hearse.
(b) Ahab will ride in a wooden hearse.
(c) Ahab will see one not made with human hands.
(d) Ahab will be saved by a hearse.
5. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
(b) tell sea tales.
(c) play cards.
(d) sing and dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
2. What does Fedallah say about his own death?
3. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
4. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
5. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)