|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the dream predict can kill Ahab?
(b) an iron harpoon.
2. Why does Ahab's boat stay in the ocean and not return after they catch four whales?
(a) the whale is too large for one boat to haul.
(b) the ship cannot handle more than three whales at a time.
(c) the whale near Ahab is too far to reach the ship by nightfall.
(d) Ahab is too tired to return that evening.
3. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
(a) a barrel of lemonade.
(b) a still for making rum.
(c) a caddy for ginger water.
(d) a teapot.
4. What odd behavior on the part of Ahab occurs over the apparatus used for determining latitude?
(a) Ahab throws it overboard.
(b) Ahab dashes it against the deck of the ship.
(c) Ahab uses it to throw at a whale.
(d) Ahab orders it taken to the top of the mast.
5. What does Fedallah's dream depict about hearses?
(a) Ahab will never ride in a hearse.
(b) Ahab will be saved by a hearse.
(c) Ahab will see one not made with human hands.
(d) Ahab will ride in a wooden hearse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the captain of a whale ship the Pequod meets at sea not want to board the Pequod?
2. What is Starbuck's disagreement with Ahab's purpose for the trip?
3. What has Ahab's vengeance done to him?
4. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
5. What does Fedallah say about his own death?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)