|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
(a) with his sense of humor.
(b) by not thinking about it.
(c) with a great deal of tension.
(d) by writing in a diary.
2. What equipment left on board by Aunt Charity does Stubb throw overboard?
(a) a barrel of lemonade.
(b) a caddy for ginger water.
(c) a teapot.
(d) a still for making rum.
3. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
(a) to get news of Moby Dick.
(b) to give him medical supplies.
(c) to have dinner with him.
(d) to have him check the Pequod's charts.
4. What is Starbuck's disagreement with Ahab's purpose for the trip?
(a) the futility of vengeance against a whale.
(b) the moral correctness of finding the white whale.
(c) the need to get oil and return to Nantucket quickly.
(d) the missed opportunities to capture other whales.
5. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
(a) he descends to hold it secure.
(b) he takes the watch for more whales.
(c) he carves the teeth from the whale.
(d) he carries equipment to the other crew members.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ahab question the men about?
2. What foreshadows what is likely to happen to Ahab and Fedallah?
3. What does the dream predict can kill Ahab?
4. What odd behavior on the part of Ahab occurs over the apparatus used for determining latitude?
5. Why does Ahab's boat stay in the ocean and not return after they catch four whales?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)