|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 116-118.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ahab insist that the captain of the Jeroboam come aboard the Pequod?
(a) to get news of Moby Dick.
(b) to have him check the Pequod's charts.
(c) to have dinner with him.
(d) to give him medical supplies.
2. What is peculiar about the deck where Ahab walks?
(a) It is covered with sharkskin.
(b) It has many dents made by Ahab's prosthesis.
(c) It is double decked.
(d) It is slanted and easy to lose footing.
3. Why does the captain of a whale ship the Pequod meets at sea not want to board the Pequod?
(a) he never leaves his own ship.
(b) he is jealous of the Pequod's catch.
(c) his crew is ill.
(d) he does not like Ahab.
4. What odd behavior on the part of Ahab occurs over the apparatus used for determining latitude?
(a) Ahab throws it overboard.
(b) Ahab orders it taken to the top of the mast.
(c) Ahab dashes it against the deck of the ship.
(d) Ahab uses it to throw at a whale.
5. What has Ahab's vengeance done to him?
(a) His hair has turned white.
(b) He finds no pleasure in life.
(c) He cannot sleep at night.
(d) He has lost his appetite.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men do for entertainment on board the Pequod?
2. What is the man called who stands on deck and holds the rope that secures Queequeg?
3. What does the dream predict can kill Ahab?
4. How does Stubb handle the strange situation?
5. What is Queequeg's duty while the blubber is stripped from the back of the whale?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)