1. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
2. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
(a) newspaper reporter.
(c) merchant marine.
(d) bank clerk.
3. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
(a) the Spouter Inn.
(b) the Humpback Inn.
(c) the Whale Bone Inn.
(d) the Peter Coffin Inn.
4. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
(a) a bench in the dining room.
(b) a shared room with a harpooner.
(c) a bunk in a communal room.
(d) a closet.
5. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
(a) shaving with his harpoon.
(b) sharpening his hatchet.
(c) selling a shrunken head.
(d) smoking his pipe.
6. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
(a) sits on the floor.
(b) crawls under the bed.
(c) jumps up on top of the bed.
(d) turns around three times.
This section contains 9,382 words
(approx. 32 pages at 300 words per page)