Chapters 1-2 | Chapters 3-4
1. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
2. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
(b) bank clerk.
(c) newspaper reporter.
(d) merchant marine.
3. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
(a) the Whale Bone Inn.
(b) the Peter Coffin Inn.
(c) the Humpback Inn.
(d) the Spouter Inn.
4. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
(a) a closet.
(b) a bunk in a communal room.
(c) a bench in the dining room.
(d) a shared room with a harpooner.
5. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
(a) shaving with his harpoon.
(b) selling a shrunken head.
(c) sharpening his hatchet.
(d) smoking his pipe.
6. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
(a) jumps up on top of the bed.
(b) crawls under the bed.
(c) turns around three times.
(d) sits on the floor.
This section contains 6,081 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)