Chapters 1-2 | Chapters 3-4
1. What is the theme of MOBY DICK?
2. What is Ishmael's profession before signing on the whaling ship?
(a) newspaper reporter.
(c) bank clerk.
(d) merchant marine.
3. What is the name of the inn where Ishmael stays while waiting to go to Nantucket?
(a) the Whale Bone Inn.
(b) the Humpback Inn.
(c) the Spouter Inn.
(d) the Peter Coffin Inn.
4. What accommodation is available for Ishmael at the inn in New Bedford?
(a) a bunk in a communal room.
(b) a closet.
(c) a shared room with a harpooner.
(d) a bench in the dining room.
5. What is the harpooner, Queequeg, out doing when Ishmael is shown to his room?
(a) sharpening his hatchet.
(b) shaving with his harpoon.
(c) smoking his pipe.
(d) selling a shrunken head.
6. What unusual thing does Queequeg do while putting on his boots?
(a) jumps up on top of the bed.
(b) turns around three times.
(c) sits on the floor.
(d) crawls under the bed.
This section contains 9,382 words
(approx. 32 pages at 300 words per page)