|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reveals that the answer to #110 is correct?
2. What does Gwydion confess to being afraid to do?
3. What kills Galahad?
4. Who surprises Morgaine in the halls when she tries to return to her chambers?
5. Who receives Exclaibur and gets the sword belted around his waist?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Gwenhwyfar jealous at the next year's Pentecost?
2. At Morgaine's request, what does Lancelet do at the end of the story?
3. Why does Gwydion flatter Morgause so much?
4. What name do the Saxons give to Gwydion, meaning Evil Counsel?
5. When Viviane sees Gwydion, who does she think he looks like?
6. What does Accolon say to Morgaine when she asks him if he is ready to challenge the betrayer for the sword that he holds by betrayal?
7. Why was Gwenhwyfar unable to carry a child to term?
8. Why are Arthur's knights invigorated when Arthur arrives back at the table?
9. What happens as Nimue tries to seduce Kevin?
10. Why does Lancelet die when he touches the Grail in the chapel into which Morgaine leads him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Sight seems to take a lot out of the people who use it for a long time. Do you think there is any way to avoid the exhaustion and sickness that comes with using this power? Why or why not? Why would something so helpful cause so much pain? Or is the action that is being performed to blame for the outcome?
Essay Topic 2
The Sight is a tool that the women use often in the story. Why do you feel that this was mainly a gift with which women were blessed? What makes women ideal candidates for this quality? Do men have qualities that might stand in the way of the Sight in this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The Old Ways seem to have been around for many years before Christianity and this fact is a large factor in this story. Why do you think people followed the Old Ways? What does this practice offer to the common person? Why is Christianity something that is appealing after time goes on?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)