|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Kevin see fighting alongside the Saxons?
2. After Accolon and Arthur fight, who is left dead at the end?
3. What does Viviane want Morgaine to come back to Avalon to be?
4. What does Lancelet agree to do on a quest?
5. What does Gwenhwyfar accidentally mention to Arthur?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Arthur's knights invigorated when Arthur arrives back at the table?
2. What will the love potion do for Elaine when Lancelet drinks it in his wine?
3. Who is to be schooled in Avalon, as per their agreement for the love potion?
4. When Viviane sees Gwydion, who does she think he looks like?
5. What is Morgaine's plan to take back Excalibur?
6. What is widely known throughout the land, making a mockery of Arthur?
7. What is the plan for Avalloch's death?
8. Who rapes Gwenhwyfar in hopes of getting another heir to the throne?
9. What does Kevin tell Morgaine she is wrong to do?
10. Why does Lancelet die when he touches the Grail in the chapel into which Morgaine leads him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some might say that the the life of children is something that is taken for granted in this story. Cite three examples that support this claim. Why do you think abortions were so commonplace in this day and age? Why has the stigma associated with this act changed in recent times? What do you think the author is trying to say about abortions?
Essay Topic 2
The Sight is a tool that the women use often in the story. Why do you feel that this was mainly a gift with which women were blessed? What makes women ideal candidates for this quality? Do men have qualities that might stand in the way of the Sight in this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal is rampant in this story. Cite three to five examples of betrayal in this story and explain why each was either a good thing or a bad thing in relation to the progress of the story. Can betrayal ever be a good thing? Why or why not?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)