|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Morgaine sneaks off in the night to be with whom?
2. Who tries to warm Gwenhwyfar about Maleagrant, wanting to go with her for protection when the two are to meet?
3. Who does Viviane think resembles Lancelet?
4. To where does Morgause insist on traveling?
5. Who renounces Avalon publicly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Nimue tries to seduce Kevin?
2. What makes Morgause finally feel her age?
3. Who wants Morgaine to help her marry Lancelet?
4. Who does Morgaine pursue after mistakenly agreeing to marry King Uriens?
5. Gwydion tells Morgaine that he likes to see who his competition is - competition for what?
6. What does Kevin tell Morgaine she is wrong to do?
7. Who rapes Gwenhwyfar in hopes of getting another heir to the throne?
8. What does Accolon say to Morgaine when she asks him if he is ready to challenge the betrayer for the sword that he holds by betrayal?
9. On Pentecost, who does Arthur name as his heir?
10. What is the cruel joke that is played on the guests at the great hall's dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Sight is a tool that the women use often in the story. Why do you feel that this was mainly a gift with which women were blessed? What makes women ideal candidates for this quality? Do men have qualities that might stand in the way of the Sight in this story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Knowing what is going to happen is something characters rely on for everyday decisions. But does knowing what will happen actually help the characters or does it harm them? If you were a character in this story, would you want to know the future? Why or why not? Does living in the present work better than knowing what's up ahead? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Magic is used constantly in the story - sometimes for good and sometimes for bad. Do you feel this story could have been told without the magical elements? Why or why not? Give three examples of scenes in which magic was used, but didn't need to be - in your opinion.
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)