|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the effect of Meg’s discourse, in her feminist encounter group, on the relativity of gender?
(a) The women are aghast.
(b) The women are hostile.
(c) The women are fascinated.
(d) The women are aroused.
2. In Chapter Nine, what part of the evening does Temple want to keep secret?
(a) Having seen so many drugs.
(b) Him soiling his pants.
(c) Karen doing drugs.
(d) Him losing track of Karen.
3. What was it that got the Cockpit bar shut down?
(a) A series of drug busts.
(b) A sting operation.
(c) A vice squad.
(d) Attention from a journalist.
4. What movie does Karen make the interviewer from UVA think of?
(a) Taxi Driver.
(b) Sweet Charity.
(d) Legally Blonde.
5. What is Temple’s career aspiration when he starts UVA?
(b) Civil rights worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Meg’s “feminist encounter group” talking about when she shows up (111)?
2. What is Byrdie playing on his ukulele when Karen and Temple show up at Thetan House?
3. What do Meg and Lomax discover they have been selling all this time, when they thought it was cocaine?
4. What are Karen and Temple looking for when they run into Byrdie?
5. What does Karen remember Byrdie pairing intelligence with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Meg manage to get by when someone from Fleming Oil recognizes her and connects her to Lee?
2. How do Byrdie and Mike end up talking with the police after the party?
3. What is the outcome of the court scene?
4. Why is Meg more afraid than comforted when she meets Diane, whom she identifies as another lesbian?
5. What writing advice does Luke give Meg?
6. What is the sheltering sky, and what does it mean to Temple?
7. How does Karen end up involved deciphering Temple’s love letters?
8. What is the career opportunity that opens up for Meg when Lomax meets the man known as “the Seal” (116)?
9. How do Lomax and Flea react when Meg tells them that she is really Lee Fleming’s wife?
10. What changes lead Meg and Karen to leave their shack and move to a housing development?
This section contains 1,142 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)