|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Meg have in her emergency fund at the beginning of Chapter Four?
2. What does Karen’s Christmas wish make Peggy want?
(a) A family.
(c) A good lawyer.
3. What makes Lee think that the girl he sees in the parking lot is his daughter?
(a) Her blond hair.
(b) Her eyes.
(c) Her cheekbones.
(d) Her teeth.
4. How does Lee suppress the insurrection among the Stillwater Review editorial board?
(a) He fires them all.
(b) He negotiates for pay raises.
(c) He opens the all-women issue to men.
(d) He capitulates.
5. How does Peggy characterize the poets who come to visit Lee?
(a) Posers and frauds.
(b) Foul-mouthed gods.
(c) Bullshitting parasites.
(d) Lazy loafers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Byrdie go with his friends on a chartered jet?
2. What is Karen’s real name?
3. What is the only sound Peggy hears at night when she and Karen move into the shack?
4. How much does Meg get when she sells worms?
5. When does Peggy feel most beautiful?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator say is Byrd Flemings social status in high school?
2. How well does Karen fare in such a limited, impoverished environment?
3. What is Byrdie’s effect on his classmates in high school?
4. What kind of efforts does Lee make to find Peggy and Mireille?
5. Why does Lee’s private investigator ultimately give up his search for Peggy?
6. What is Peggy’s role as faculty wife like?
7. Where does the narrator see Mireille’s “spiritual kinship” with Lee (86)?
8. What does the narrator mean when she says that “Lee’s sex life was a lot like Byrdie’s” (102)?
9. How does Lee’s poetry change as his con grows up?
10. How would you explain the humor of Mislaid?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)