|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Meg’s “feminist encounter group” talking about when she shows up (111)?
(a) A course in sex magic.
(b) Faking orgasms.
(c) Women to keep husbands away from.
(d) Sex with black men.
2. What does Meg say Karen knows about her “business dealings” (203)?
(a) Nothing whatsoever.
(b) She has suspicions, but has never confirmed them.
(c) She knows what they’re selling, but not the volumes.
(d) She knows the general picture, but not specifics.
3. What is the effect of Meg’s discourse, in her feminist encounter group, on the relativity of gender?
(a) The women are fascinated.
(b) The women are hostile.
(c) The women are aghast.
(d) The women are aroused.
4. Where does the narrator say Karen’s “common-sensical, matter-of-fact way of approaching things” comes from (160)?
5. What effect does Temple have on the interviewer from UVA?
(a) He underwhelms.
(b) He makes him forget his interview questions.
(c) He blows him away.
(d) He makes him laugh derisively.
6. How does the narrator characterize Temple’s mother, Dee?
(a) A hard-nosed traditionalist.
(b) An unflappable realist.
(c) An impressionable kid.
(d) A dreamy romantic.
7. What role does Mike want Karen to play in his ritual?
(a) Fertility goddess.
(b) Temple prostitute.
(c) The virgin whore.
(d) Hanged woman.
8. Where does Meg go after she reads Karen’s letter about the Thetan House Halloween party?
(a) To see Karen at school.
(b) To see Byrdie.
(c) To her parents’ house.
(d) The squirrel refuge.
9. What is it that causes Dee to raise her expectation for Temple’s college plans from community college to University of Virginia?
(a) His PSATs.
(b) His athletic records.
(c) His Affirmative Action status.
(d) His college essay.
10. Where does the narrator say that pre-trial hearings unofficially take place?
(a) On a sailboat in the ocean.
(b) The golf course.
(c) The country club.
(d) The sauna at the gym.
11. How does it come to pass that Mike spends the day after the Thetan House Halloween party at the police station?
(a) He is filing a missing persons report for Karen.
(b) He was caught in a sting operation.
(c) He was arrested for DUI.
(d) He is there to press charges against Byrdie.
12. In Chapter Ten, what does Meg say she is probably wanted for?
(a) Outstanding speeding tickets.
(b) Selling cocaine.
(c) Possession of drugs.
13. What conclusion does Meg come to when the truck driver who recognizes her dies in a wreck?
(a) That God is looking out for her.
(b) That she is not in control.
(c) That knowledge has consequences.
(d) That she will always survive.
14. What is Meg’s breakthrough play about?
(a) A lesbian Antigone.
(b) A lesbian vampire.
(c) Lesbians in Iran.
(d) A gay poet.
15. What do Meg and Lomax discover they have been selling all this time, when they thought it was cocaine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What major does Byrdie expect to sign up for when he arrives at the University of Virginia?
2. Who does Mike want to say was responsible, when he makes his second statement in Chapter Nine?
3. What is the Thetan House known for at University of Virginia?
4. What does Meg realize when she strips down in front of the mirror in Chapter Eight?
5. When Meg looks in the mirror in Chapter Eight, what part of her fills her with lust?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)