|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Meg get when she sells worms?
(a) 1 cent per worm.
(b) 25 cents per worm.
(c) Four cents per worm.
(d) 10 cents per worm.
2. What does the narrator say makes Peggy’s house like the Mekong Delta?
(a) The flooding.
(b) The hostile neighbors.
(c) The bug situation.
(d) The undergrowth.
3. What does Meg say she is not willing to do in order to get good clothes for Karen?
(a) Sort through tag sales.
(b) Go to church.
(c) Shop at Salvation Army stores.
(d) Pay full price.
4. What is Lee’s mother’s objection to breastfeeding?
(a) She does not think it’s nutritious.
(b) She sees it as indulgent.
(c) It makes the baby dependent on the mother.
(d) She thinks it creates narcissists.
5. What kind of reading material has Peggy brought with her to the shack?
(a) Animal identification guides.
(b) Reference books.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Meg get for selling a dead raccoon to a bait shop?
2. What is Lomax Hunter’s racial background?
3. How does the narrator characterize the persona Peggy acquired in high school?
4. Who was the first poet Lee invited to Stillwater College?
5. What does Peggy do every time she comes home to her shack?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)