|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator say people came to visit Stillwater College from all over?
(a) The famous poet.
(b) The remarkable food.
(c) The infamous parties.
(d) The beautiful vistas.
2. What does Lee say all poems are about?
(a) The difficulty of carrying experience.
(b) The act of reading.
(c) The process of dying.
(d) The inevitability of resurrection.
3. Why does Peggy leave Lee?
(a) Fear of being committed to a mental institution.
(b) Fear of poverty.
(d) Rage at his cruelty to her.
4. How does Peggy characterize the poets who come to visit Lee?
(a) Posers and frauds.
(b) Foul-mouthed gods.
(c) Lazy loafers.
(d) Bullshitting parasites.
5. What is Peggy’s father’s line of work?
(d) Truck driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which poets was Lee drawn to?
2. When does Peggy feel most beautiful?
3. What is Lee’s mother’s objection to breastfeeding?
4. What is Byrdie’s name?
5. The narrator says that Lee and Byrdie look like advertisements for shirts and baby food: what does she say Peggy looks like?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)