|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator characterize the police’s response to Peggy’s disappearance?
(b) Feverish interest.
(c) Slow and sloppy investigation.
(d) Casual, professional curiosity.
2. The narrator says that Lee and Byrdie look like advertisements for shirts and baby food: what does she say Peggy looks like?
(a) The movie star.
(b) The secretary.
(c) The nanny.
(d) Their maintenance man.
3. What does Karen want for Christmas?
(a) A hamburger.
(b) A doll.
(c) A pony.
(d) A trip to the ocean.
4. What is the only sound Peggy hears at night when she and Karen move into the shack?
(a) Pine needles in the breeze.
(b) Trucks on the highway.
5. Who does Peggy think poets resemble?
(d) Street people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Lee Fleming go to college?
2. What does Meg say she is not willing to do in order to get good clothes for Karen?
3. Where is Peggy Vaillaincourt from?
4. How much does Meg get for selling a dead raccoon to a bait shop?
5. Why does the narrator say people came to visit Stillwater College from all over?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)