|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mansour do to Sarhan?
(a) Kicks him to death while Sarhan is unconscious.
(b) Breaks his nose in a deserted hallway at the Miramar.
(c) Hits him at a motel in Cairo.
2. What is the main characteristic Sarhan observes about Mansour?
(a) He is fastidious.
(b) He is stingy.
(c) He is frugal.
(d) He is an introvert.
3. Of what does Mansour think longingly while visiting with Fawzi?
(a) His ex-fiance.
4. Who leaves before Umm Kulthum's concert is over?
5. Why does Sarhan want to cultivate a relationship with Mansour?
(a) Sarhan does not say if he wants to cultivate a friendship with Mansour.
(b) Because Mansour is generous with picking up the tab at restaurants.
(c) Because Mansour reminds Sarhan of Sarhan's dead brother.
(d) Because of Mansour's brother who is a policeman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mansour find Sarhan?
2. By what does Mansour think Zohra is probably driven?
3. Who is Zohra with when Sarhand sees her after visiting with his friend Rafat?
4. About what do Mansour and Fawzi banter?
5. What does Ali point out to Sarhan about Sarhan working within the system?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Ali and Sarhan's plans to gain money?
2. Describe Mansour's version of the altercation in the hallway between an unknown woman, Zohra and Sarhan.
3. Describe the fight with Safeya, Zohra and Sarhan from Sarhan's perspective.
4. What happens when Sarhan tries to kiss Zohra for the first time, and what is Zohra's reaction?
5. How does Mahmoud inadvertently give Sarhan an excuse to move out of living with Safeya, and what does he say about marriage?
6. How does Sarhan's relationship with Aleya develop?
7. Describe Sarhan's encounter with Tolba on the street.
8. What does Sarhan say about Mariana when he asks to rent a room and how does Zohra act when she sees him at the Miramar?
9. Why is Mansour at the Miramar and how does he feel about that?
10. What do Mansour and Amer discuss one night?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)