|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sarhan encounter on the street and whom he finds different but familiar?
2. Where does Ali want to meet Sarhan at 8 p.m.?
(a) The Cecil.
(b) The Miramar.
(c) The Corniche.
(d) The Swan.
3. About what do Mansour and Fawzi banter?
(a) Mansour's ex-wife.
(b) Mansour leaving the party.
(c) Mansour's fiance who becomes pregnant by another man.
(d) Mansour's new home.
4. What does Zohra say about her and Sarhan?
(a) They are just friends.
(b) They were secretly married.
(c) They had a falling out.
(d) They are engaged.
5. For what does Sarhan say Hosny has a talent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Sarhan is with Zohara?
2. Who does Sarhan get interested in marrying after learning her family has money?
3. What does Mansour offer Zohra when she brings him tea?
4. What does Mansour pity in Zohra?
5. What history does Mansour think of writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mansour impulsively do when he meets Doreya at the zoo?
2. How does Mahmoud inadvertently give Sarhan an excuse to move out of living with Safeya, and what does he say about marriage?
3. When does Sarhan first see Zohra and what does he do?
4. Briefly describe Mansour's meeting with his longtime friend Fawzi.
5. What does Sarhan say about Mariana when he asks to rent a room and how does Zohra act when she sees him at the Miramar?
6. How does Ali convince Sarhan to join him in the heist?
7. What does Sarhan do the first time Zohra delivers tea to his room and how do the two interact over the next several days?
8. Why is Mansour at the Miramar and how does he feel about that?
9. Why does Doreya say Mansour is four years too late and what is his response?
10. What happens when Sarhan tries to kiss Zohra for the first time, and what is Zohra's reaction?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)