|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sarhan's main attraction to Zohra
(a) Her generosity.
(b) Her kindness.
(c) Her ambition.
(d) Physical appearance.
2. What does Sarhan declare has brought him and Zohra together?
(a) His seeing her in the grocery.
3. Where does Sarhan see Zohra buying papers?
(a) In the Pharmacy.
(b) In Mahmoud's kiosk.
(c) In the convenience store.
(d) In High-Life Grocery.
4. What does Sarhan long to do about Safeya?
(a) Leave her.
(b) Have the courage to marry her.
(c) Find a good man for her.
(d) Take her money and leave her.
5. Where does Mansour think Zohra should do?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Go to a University.
(c) Go home so her brothers can watch over her.
(d) Get married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sarhan get interested in marrying after learning her family has money?
2. What happens when Sarhan is with Zohara?
3. What does Mansour think of Amer on the night of the Umm Kulthum concert?
4. What does Sarhan do to later explain the sudden fortune he expects?
5. What does Zohra say about her and Sarhan?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mahmoud inadvertently give Sarhan an excuse to move out of living with Safeya, and what does he say about marriage?
2. What are Mansour's first impressions of Zohra?
3. How does Ali convince Sarhan to join him in the heist?
4. Wat does Sarhan say about the Umm Kulthum concert?
5. What are Sarhan's quick impressions of Hosny and Mansour?
6. What are Mansour's first impressions of some of the boarders at the Miramar?
7. What does Mansour impulsively do when he meets Doreya at the zoo?
8. What happens when Sarhan tries to kiss Zohra for the first time, and what is Zohra's reaction?
9. What does Mansour do when he learns of Fawzi's arrest?
10. What do Mansour and Amer discuss one night?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)