|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sarhan relate?
(a) Endless jokes.
(b) A story about his brother and a prostitute.
(c) A series of gossip items about a woman who used to work at the Miramar.
(d) A story about the mayor of Sarhan's birth city.
2. Who has a monthly radio concert?
(a) Umm Kuthum.
(b) Mansour Bahy.
(c) Hosny Allam.
(d) Sarhan al-Beheiry.
3. Who exploited Zohra?
(a) Her former employer.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her last boyfriend.
(d) Her grandfather and brother-in-law.
4. What is Amer's concern about Zohra?
(a) That her family may try to take her home.
(b) That she may be pregnant.
(c) That she won't catch on quickly enough to her duties.
(d) That she is ill.
5. What increases Hosny's hatred?
(a) Encounters with young people.
(b) Amer's solicitous questions.
(c) Encounters with old people.
(d) Sarhan's superior attitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hosny meet that he thinks would be worth marrying?
2. Who is Tolba Marzuq?
3. What does Amer wish about one mistake he made?
4. What do all of the three younger boarders declare?
5. What does Hosny decide about Zohra?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounter between Zohra, Hosny and Sarhan.
2. How does Amer respond to the news that Zohra is taking reading lessons, and how do others respond?
3. What do Amer and Mariana complain about and plan?
4. Describe Mansour Bahy.
5. What is the general atmosphere at the beginning of the Umm Kulthum concert, and how does that change?
6. Describe Hosny Allam.
7. After dropping the woman off at Mazarita, how does Hosny relieve his tension?
8. Why does Hosny's attitude towards Zohra change?
9. About what does Amer warn Zohra and why does he do so?
10. About what is Amer dreaming when he hears a ruckus in the hallway?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)