|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mariana evict?
2. What is Amer's concern about Zohra?
(a) That she may be pregnant.
(b) That her family may try to take her home.
(c) That she is ill.
(d) That she won't catch on quickly enough to her duties.
3. Who does Zohra distrust?
4. Who exploited Zohra?
(a) Her grandfather and brother-in-law.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her last boyfriend.
(d) Her former employer.
5. Where does Hosny go for a night of alcohol and sex?
(a) Chariots Hotel.
(b) Safeya's place.
(c) Mahmoud's place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hosny decide about Zohra?
2. What amuses Hosny about a commotion the hall?
3. What does Hosny think of Zohra as she is making his bed?
4. What does Sarhan relate?
5. What does Hosny learn about Zohra at breakfast?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mariana offer Zohra and what does Amer fear about Zohra?
2. About what is Amer dreaming when he hears a ruckus in the hallway?
3. Describe the encounter between Zohra, Hosny and Sarhan.
4. What do Amer and Mariana complain about and plan?
5. With whom does Hosny hook up after leaving the Umm Kulthum at intermission, and what is the woman's advice to him?
6. Describe Mansour Bahy.
7. How does Amer respond to the news that Zohra is taking reading lessons, and how do others respond?
8. Describe Hosny Allam.
9. What is Hosny's next encounter with Zohra and how does he react?
10. What commotion in the hallway does Hosny respond to, and what does he do?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)