|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which boarder is built like a wrestler?
2. What does Hosny do as he speeds through the city?
(a) Screams out his frustrations.
(b) Stops and visits his regular madames.
(c) Swears at Sarhan.
(d) Runs from the police.
3. From whom does Zohra turn down a marriage proposal.
4. What is Marzug to Mariana?
(a) Her landlord.
(b) Her brother-in-law.
(c) Her brother.
(d) A former lover.
5. For what is Amer famous?
(a) As an architect.
(b) As a singer.
(c) As a journalist.
(d) As a painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Wagdi's late master?
2. What does Wagdi recall?
3. About what does Amer warn Zohra?
4. What does Amer wish to trust again?
5. What is Amer's concern about Zohra?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where has Amer Wagdi moved and how long has it been since he was last there?
2. What is the general atmosphere at the beginning of the Umm Kulthum concert, and how does that change?
3. Why does Hosny move to Miramar and what is his first thought about Zohra?
4. How does Amer respond to the news that Zohra is taking reading lessons, and how do others respond?
5. After dropping the woman off at Mazarita, how does Hosny relieve his tension?
6. What do Amer and Mariana complain about and plan?
7. Describe Sarhan al-Beheiry.
8. About what does Amer warn Zohra and why does he do so?
9. What does Mariana offer Zohra and what does Amer fear about Zohra?
10. How does Hosny feel about old people?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)