|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hosny feel is beneath him socially?
(a) Just Amer.
(b) Amer, Tolba and Sarhan.
(c) No one.
(d) Just Sarhan.
2. Why does Hosny think he should keep busy?
(a) To earn enough money to marry.
(b) To earn enough money to leave Egypt.
(c) To keep him from doing something stupid.
(d) So he does not have to be around the other boarders very much.
3. Why are Sarhan and a drunken Hosny fighting?
(a) Sarhan tried to rape Zohra.
(b) Sarhan insults Hosny's sister.
(c) Hosny insults Sarhan's mother.
(d) Hosny tried to rape Zohra.
4. What does Hosny think of Zohra as she is making his bed?
(a) She is not that good looking.
(b) She would be a good wife.
(c) She is serious.
(d) She is hoping he will seduce her.
5. What increases Hosny's hatred?
(a) Sarhan's superior attitude.
(b) Encounters with old people.
(c) Amer's solicitous questions.
(d) Encounters with young people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hosny doing when Amer checks on noise in the hall?
2. What does Zohra think about Tolba's request for a massage.
3. How does Hosny like to treat women?
4. Who does Hosny go and have sex with after failing to embrace Zohra in the hall?
5. What does Hosny decide about Zohra?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sarhan fighting a drunken Hosny in the hall one evening?
2. About what is Amer dreaming when he hears a ruckus in the hallway?
3. After dropping the woman off at Mazarita, how does Hosny relieve his tension?
4. Why does Hosny's attitude towards Zohra change?
5. About what does Amer warn Zohra and why does he do so?
6. Describe Hosny Allam.
7. Who announces Sarhan's death and what is Hosny's reaction?
8. How does Hosny feel towards marriage and women?
9. Where has Amer Wagdi moved and how long has it been since he was last there?
10. How does Hosny feel about old people?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)