|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do all of the three younger boarders declare?
(a) Support for the Revolution.
(b) They will not fight for any regime.
(c) They were moving to the United States.
(d) Support for the regime currently in power.
2. What does Sarhan insist about Zohra?
(a) That she and Sarhan are engaged.
(b) That Zohra is interested in a man not living at the Miramar.
(c) That Zohra dislikes Hosny.
(d) That she is a good girl.
3. What helps the group gathering?
(a) Mariana serving snacks.
(b) Sarhan telling a funny joke.
(d) Zohra serving limeade.
4. Where does Hosny pick up a girl?
(a) Metro Einema.
(b) The Trianon.
(c) The Corniche.
(d) The Cecil Hotel.
5. What does Hosny think of Zohra as she is making his bed?
(a) She is serious.
(b) She would be a good wife.
(c) She is hoping he will seduce her.
(d) She is not that good looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Amer and Mariana plan?
2. What does Hosny do as he speeds through the city?
3. Why does Hosny think he should keep busy?
4. From whom does Zohra turn down a marriage proposal.
5. What increases Hosny's hatred?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounter between Zohra, Hosny and Sarhan.
2. How does Hosny feel about old people?
3. What is Tolba Marzuq relationship to Mariana, and what does Amer think of him?
4. Why does Hosny's attitude towards Zohra change?
5. Describe Hosny Allam.
6. What commotion in the hallway does Hosny respond to, and what does he do?
7. What is Hosny's next encounter with Zohra and how does he react?
8. Where has Amer Wagdi moved and how long has it been since he was last there?
9. How does Hosny feel towards marriage and women?
10. What is the general atmosphere at the beginning of the Umm Kulthum concert, and how does that change?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)