|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amer think about faith and doubt?
(a) They are inseparable.
(b) They are paradoxical but actually the same thing.
(c) He does not mention faith and doubt.
(d) They are opposite poles that can not exist together.
2. What does Sarhan declare has brought him and Zohra together?
(b) His seeing her in the grocery.
3. By what does Mansour think Zohra is probably driven?
4. For what does Zohra seem to long?
5. What did Zohra's grandfather do that made Zohra run away?
(a) Prevent her from attending the University.
(b) Try to make her marry her second cousin who she detests.
(c) Try to marry her to an old man.
(d) Tell her she had to stay single and care for her parents.
6. What does Mansour offer Zohra when she brings him tea?
(b) A joke.
(c) A scowl.
(d) A confection.
7. What happens when Sarhan is with Zohara?
(a) He feels accepted?
(b) His worries fade away.
(c) He feels inadequate.
(d) He feels like an imposter.
8. What plan of Zohra's does Mansour approve?
(a) To learn to read and write.
(b) To marry Sarhan.
(c) To go back home.
(d) To apply to the University.
9. What does Mahmoud want to buy?
(a) A car.
(b) Panayoti's restaurant.
(c) The kiosk he is currently renting.
(d) A motorcycle.
10. Why is Mansour bitter?
(a) That his brother arranges for him to live in Miramar Pension.
(b) That he has a dead end job.
(c) That his mother tells him he is too ugly to marry well.
(d) That his fiance runs away and marries someone else.
11. What does Hosny appear to be?
12. By what does Mansour say Zohra is surrounded?
(b) Good people.
(d) Dangerous men.
13. Who does Mansour think is the life of the party on the night of the Umm Kulthum concert
14. What does Mansour think of Amer on the night of the Umm Kulthum concert?
(a) He is full of hot air.
(b) He is worthy of esteem.
(c) He is knowledgeable in a small field.
(d) He is bombastic.
15. What does Ali point out to Sarhan about Sarhan working within the system?
(a) That it is too slow a process to wealth.
(b) That only men whose fathers are already wealthy can use the system.
(c) That Sarhan has benefited very little.
(d) That the system is as corrupt as highjacking a truck is.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Sarhan say Hosny has a talent?
2. What does Mansour think of Hosny?
3. With whom would Sarhan wish to listen to the Umm Kulthum's concert?
4. Where does Mansour think Zohra should do?
5. What happens when Sarhan steals a kiss from Zohra?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)