|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mansour confess to Doreya?
(a) That he refused to testify for Fawzi.
(b) That he betrayed Fawzi.
(c) His love for her.
(d) That he is in love with Doreya's sister.
2. What has Mansour studied for his radio program?
(a) The Communist party.
(b) The Revolution.
(c) Amer's writing.
(d) The Muslim culture.
3. What happens when Sarhan complains about his life to his friends?
(a) They laugh at him.
(b) Safeya calls him hard hearted.
(c) They commiserate with him.
(d) They shrug.
4. What does Zohra say about her and Sarhan?
(a) They are just friends.
(b) They are engaged.
(c) They were secretly married.
(d) They had a falling out.
5. How long has it been since Mansour has seen Fawzi before now?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
6. What will they do with the highjacked goods?
(a) Hold them for ransom.
(b) Give them to their friends and the poor.
(c) They have not gotten that far in their plans.
(d) Sell them on the black market.
7. Who does Mariana thwart from interacting with Zohra?
8. What does Sarhan declare has brought him and Zohra together?
(d) His seeing her in the grocery.
9. Who does Amer say opens the way through eloquence for the current generation of engineers and economists?
(a) No one could open the way for the engineers and economists who have lost their soul.
(b) The last ten generations.
(c) His generation.
(d) The generation midway between Amer's and Sarhan's.
10. Who leaves before Umm Kulthum's concert is over?
11. Of what does Mansour think longingly while visiting with Fawzi?
(b) His ex-fiance.
12. What happens when Sarhan is with Zohara?
(a) He feels inadequate.
(b) He feels accepted?
(c) His worries fade away.
(d) He feels like an imposter.
13. What torments Mansour?
(a) Doreya's love.
(b) Amer's insouciance.
(c) Hosny's dissipation.
(d) Sarhan's treatment of Zohra.
14. Who does Sarhan encounter on the street and whom he finds different but familiar?
15. What is the reason Doreya chose Fawzi to marry?
(a) His strength of character.
(b) His passion.
(c) His religious beliefs.
(d) His money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mansour learn is arrested?
2. What did Zohra's grandfather do that made Zohra run away?
3. What does Mansour do to Sarhan?
4. Where does Sarhan see Zohra buying papers?
5. Who does Mansour think is the life of the party on the night of the Umm Kulthum concert
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)