|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mahmoud want to buy?
(a) A car.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) Panayoti's restaurant.
(d) The kiosk he is currently renting.
2. What does Mariana do when Sarhan asks to rent a room?
(a) Pries and haggles.
(b) Flirts with him.
(c) Is obsequious.
(d) Refuses him at first.
3. What is the reason Doreya chose Fawzi to marry?
(a) His religious beliefs.
(b) His passion.
(c) His strength of character.
(d) His money.
4. Where does Ali want to meet Sarhan at 8 p.m.?
(a) The Corniche.
(b) The Cecil.
(c) The Swan.
(d) The Miramar.
5. What plan of Zohra's does Mansour approve?
(a) To apply to the University.
(b) To go back home.
(c) To marry Sarhan.
(d) To learn to read and write.
6. What does Sarhan declare the first time Zohra brings him tea?
(a) That he loves her.
(b) That he will never marry.
(c) That he is engaged.
(d) That he loves a woman named Safeya.
7. What does Zohra say about her and Sarhan?
(a) They are engaged.
(b) They are just friends.
(c) They were secretly married.
(d) They had a falling out.
8. What does Sarhan say he and Zohra have in common?
(a) Both are from Rifa.
(b) Both are from Fazara.
(c) Both are from Beheira.
(d) Both are from Cairo.
9. For what does Zohra seem to long?
10. Where does Mansour think Zohra should do?
(a) Go home so her brothers can watch over her.
(b) Go to a University.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Get married.
11. Of what does Mansour think longingly while visiting with Fawzi?
(d) His ex-fiance.
12. About what do Sarhan and his friend Rafat Amin talk?
(a) The Revolution.
(b) The old days and Socialism.
13. What does Zohra explain to Mansour about the fight in the hall?
(a) Some man was angry at Hosny for sleeping with the man's sister.
(b) Zohra was angry with Sarhan.
(c) Some woman had followed Sarhan into the building and started a fight with Sarhan.
(d) Some man was angry at Hosny for sleeping with the man's wife.
14. What does Amer think Plato's writings gave Socrates?
15. What did Zohra's grandfather do that made Zohra run away?
(a) Try to marry her to an old man.
(b) Prevent her from attending the University.
(c) Try to make her marry her second cousin who she detests.
(d) Tell her she had to stay single and care for her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mansour think is the life of the party on the night of the Umm Kulthum concert
2. For what does Sarhan say Hosny has a talent?
3. Who provides the alcohol for the people at the pension listening to the concert?
4. What torments Mansour?
5. What are Ali and Sarhan planning?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)