|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Sarhan steals a kiss from Zohra?
(a) She kicks him in the groin.
(b) She struggles free.
(c) She returns the kiss.
(d) She slaps him.
2. What does Zohra explain to Mansour about the fight in the hall?
(a) Some woman had followed Sarhan into the building and started a fight with Sarhan.
(b) Some man was angry at Hosny for sleeping with the man's wife.
(c) Zohra was angry with Sarhan.
(d) Some man was angry at Hosny for sleeping with the man's sister.
3. How does Zohra feel about Sarhan?
(a) She does not have any feelings yet as she just met him.
(b) She likes him but is afraid of him.
(c) She thinks he is insufferable.
(d) She does not trust him.
4. With whom would Sarhan wish to listen to the Umm Kulthum's concert?
(c) No one.
(d) Ali or Rafat.
5. By what does Mansour think Zohra is probably driven?
6. For what does Sarhan say Hosny has a talent?
7. What has Mansour studied for his radio program?
(a) Amer's writing.
(b) The Communist party.
(c) The Revolution.
(d) The Muslim culture.
8. What class is Hosny a member of according to Sarhan?
(a) The upper middle class.
(b) The class Sarhan hates.
(c) The lowest of the low.
(d) The upper class.
9. What did Zohra's grandfather do that made Zohra run away?
(a) Prevent her from attending the University.
(b) Try to marry her to an old man.
(c) Tell her she had to stay single and care for her parents.
(d) Try to make her marry her second cousin who she detests.
10. What does Sarhan say he and Zohra have in common?
(a) Both are from Fazara.
(b) Both are from Cairo.
(c) Both are from Beheira.
(d) Both are from Rifa.
11. What do Sarhan and Safeya do in Mahmoud's presence?
(a) Have a terrible fight.
(b) Declare their intent to separate.
(c) Pretend to already be married.
(d) Declare their intent to marry.
12. What happens when Sarhan is with Zohara?
(a) His worries fade away.
(b) He feels inadequate.
(c) He feels accepted?
(d) He feels like an imposter.
13. What does Mansour think of Amer on the night of the Umm Kulthum concert?
(a) He is full of hot air.
(b) He is knowledgeable in a small field.
(c) He is bombastic.
(d) He is worthy of esteem.
14. What history does Mansour think of writing?
(a) The history of the Communist party in Egypt.
(b) The history of the Nationalist Revolution.
(c) The history of Islam in Egypt.
(d) The history of betrayal in Egypt.
15. What torments Mansour?
(a) Doreya's love.
(b) Amer's insouciance.
(c) Sarhan's treatment of Zohra.
(d) Hosny's dissipation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mansour and Doreya meet?
2. What is Sarhan's main attraction to Zohra
3. Who does Sarhan encounter on the street and whom he finds different but familiar?
4. What happens when Sarhan complains about his life to his friends?
5. How does Mansour find Sarhan?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)