|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mariana evict?
2. Who owns Wagdi's old residence?
(a) Mme. Mariana.
(b) Sir Bedouin.
(c) Mme. Coulette.
(d) Mme. Flousey.
3. Who does Zohra distrust?
4. For what is Amer famous?
(a) As an architect.
(b) As a journalist.
(c) As a singer.
(d) As a painter.
5. Who does Hosny go and have sex with after failing to embrace Zohra in the hall?
(a) An aging Maltese madame.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) No one.
(d) A woman he meets at the movies.
6. Why are Sarhan and a drunken Hosny fighting?
(a) Hosny tried to rape Zohra.
(b) Sarhan tried to rape Zohra.
(c) Hosny insults Sarhan's mother.
(d) Sarhan insults Hosny's sister.
7. What does Hosny order his Maltese madam to do?
(a) Stay with him overnight.
(b) Gather girls for an orgy.
(c) Find him a wife.
(d) Plan a party for some of his male friends.
8. Which of the boarders is a 30-year-old peasant?
(c) None of them.
9. How does Tolba anger Hosny?
(a) By insinuating that Hosny would never have Zohra.
(b) By insinuating that he and Zohra have had sex.
(c) By speaking well of Sarhan.
(d) By flirting with Zohra.
10. What does Zohra think about Tolba's request for a massage.
(a) That he thinks she will work for free.
(b) That he has coarser intentions.
(c) She is indifferent.
(d) That the request was in poor taste.
11. How does Hosny like to treat women?
(a) As his equal.
(b) As a sacred trust.
(c) As his harem.
(d) As his friends.
12. Who does the narrator say is an introvert?
13. What does Wagdi recall?
(a) All the things he should have recorded in memoirs concerning his late master.
(b) The birth of his son.
(c) The death of his wife.
(d) The time his mother sat up with him all night and talked.
14. What do Amer and Mariana compare?
(a) The way the house used to be compared to now.
(b) The cost of living from when they were younger to now.
(c) The number and success of their grandchildren.
(d) Their complaints about aging.
15. What does Amer wish about one mistake he made?
(a) It had not precluded his having offspring.
(b) He had badly injured someone.
(c) It had gotten him into a bad marriage.
(d) It had ended his marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What amuses Hosny about a commotion the hall?
2. About what does Amer ramble?
3. What does Hosny think of Mansour?
4. About what does Amer warn Zohra?
5. What news does Mariana bring about Sarhan days after he leaves.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)