|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mariana delighted about Zohra arriving?
(a) Mariana is not speaking to Zohra's mother so is glad to see Zohra.
(b) Zohra is bringing news about a new art show.
(c) Mariana wants a maid.
(d) Mariana has not seen Zohra in several years.
2. What increases Hosny's hatred?
(a) Encounters with old people.
(b) Sarhan's superior attitude.
(c) Amer's solicitous questions.
(d) Encounters with young people.
3. What is Marzug to Mariana?
(a) Her landlord.
(b) Her brother.
(c) A former lover.
(d) Her brother-in-law.
4. Who does Mariana evict?
5. What happened in Azhar in 1919?
(a) The British invade.
(b) There is a terrible earthquake.
(c) There is a plague that decimates the town.
(d) The Nile floods the town.
6. Who exploited Zohra?
(a) Her grandfather and brother-in-law.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her last boyfriend.
(d) Her former employer.
7. About what is Hosny certain when he sees Zohra?
(a) That he would never fall in love with her.
(b) That she will fall in love with him.
(c) That she is having an affair with Sarhan.
(d) That he will marry her.
8. Who does Hosny go and have sex with after failing to embrace Zohra in the hall?
(a) No one.
(b) A woman he meets at the movies.
(c) An aging Maltese madame.
(d) His ex-wife.
9. Who announces Sarhan's murder?
10. What does Hosny order his Maltese madam to do?
(a) Plan a party for some of his male friends.
(b) Stay with him overnight.
(c) Find him a wife.
(d) Gather girls for an orgy.
11. How does Hosny like to treat women?
(a) As his friends.
(b) As a sacred trust.
(c) As his equal.
(d) As his harem.
12. How old is Amer Wagdi when he returns to his old residence?
13. What does Amer wish to trust again?
(a) His ex-wife.
(c) The government.
14. Where is Amer Wagdi's old residence?
(a) The Naval War Vet's Pension.
(b) Alexandria's Miramar Pension.
(c) Alexander Village.
(d) Shiramara Pension.
15. What does Amer wish about one mistake he made?
(a) He had badly injured someone.
(b) It had gotten him into a bad marriage.
(c) It had not precluded his having offspring.
(d) It had ended his marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wagdi recall?
2. What is the bond between Amer and Mansour?
3. What does Hosny do one rainy morning with Zohra's teacher?
4. What news does Mariana bring about Sarhan days after he leaves.
5. Why does Hosny move to the Miramar?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)