|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Sarhan al-Beheiry.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ali point out to Sarhan about Sarhan working within the system?
(a) That Sarhan has benefited very little.
(b) That it is too slow a process to wealth.
(c) That the system is as corrupt as highjacking a truck is.
(d) That only men whose fathers are already wealthy can use the system.
2. Who does Amer say opens the way through eloquence for the current generation of engineers and economists?
(a) The last ten generations.
(b) No one could open the way for the engineers and economists who have lost their soul.
(c) The generation midway between Amer's and Sarhan's.
(d) His generation.
3. Who is Zohra?
(a) Mariana's daughter.
(b) A woman who is looking for a job.
(c) Amer's next-door-neighbor.
(d) Mariana's granddaughter.
4. What did Zohra's grandfather do that made Zohra run away?
(a) Prevent her from attending the University.
(b) Try to marry her to an old man.
(c) Tell her she had to stay single and care for her parents.
(d) Try to make her marry her second cousin who she detests.
5. What is Hosny doing when Amer checks on noise in the hall?
(a) Playing a guitar.
(b) Singing off key at the top of his voice.
(c) Leading an irate woman away.
(d) Hitting a punch bag.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Mansour has seen Fawzi before now?
2. Who does Sarhan encounter on the street and whom he finds different but familiar?
3. What does Mahmoud want to buy?
4. Who does Mansour think is the life of the party on the night of the Umm Kulthum concert
5. What pervades the group that gathers to listen to Umm Kulthum?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)