|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which state has only one delegate sign the Constitution?
(c) New York.
2. What does the Committee of Detail present to the Convention on August 6th?
(a) A revision of the Great Compromise.
(b) An amended version of the Virginia Plan.
(c) An amended version of the New Jersey Plan.
(d) A final draft of the Constitution.
3. Which delegate is president of the Illinois-Wabash Land Company?
(a) George Washington.
(b) James Wilson.
(c) Rufus King.
(d) Manasseh Cutler.
4. The delegates pass a motion that the official Convention papers are kept by whom?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) James Madison.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
5. What shocks European visitors to the Southern states?
(a) The slave quarters at Mount Vernon.
(b) The distance between cities.
(c) The clothing worn by the women.
(d) The accents of the Southern citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Edmund Randolph, what is the purpose of a preamble?
2. What is the last major issue Convention delegates consider?
3. Which delegate argue that restrictions on the citizenship of legislators are left for Congress to decide?
4. Which delegate makes the motion that an address to the people accompanies the Constitution?
5. Why is merchant Jonas Phillips opposed to a test oath for government officers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basis for the arguments presented by the Anti-federalists in Massachusetts?
2. What is Thomas Jefferson's reaction to the Constitution?
3. Why does Randolph decline to sign the Constitution?
4. What underlying concerns are voiced during the discussion about the seat of a national government?
5. Why are test oaths an issue for the delegates?
6. Why do the delegates vote against adding the Bill of Rights to the Constitution?
7. What arguments do the Anti-federalists use in their opposition to the Constitution?
8. What are James Wilson's arguments in favor of allowing foreign-born Americans to participate in government?
9. What is the difference between the British and American views of the farmer during the eighteenth century?
10. What is the Committee of Style and Arrangement?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)