|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Massachusetts. The People Speak..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which delegate elegantly rebuts Paterson's defense of the New Jersey plan?
(a) George Washington.
(b) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) James Wilson.
(d) Charles Pinckney.
2. At the beginning of the Convention, Governor Morris reads a letter from whom?
(a) Thirteen Congressmen.
(b) Thirteen merchants from Rhode Island.
(c) Thirteen officers from Cincinnati.
(d) Thirteen delegates from New Hampshire.
3. The delegates pass a motion that the official Convention papers are kept by whom?
(a) James Madison.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
4. What is the delegates' decision regarding the location of a fixed seat for the national government?
(a) The decision is left to Congress.
(b) A new area, known as Washington, is created.
(c) The first President chooses where government is located.
(d) Government continues moving between major Eastern cities.
5. Why does Franklin believe foreign-born citizens are allowed to serve in Congress?
(a) Their knowledge of commerce and trade in Europe helps a new government.
(b) Their choice to live in America indicates a depth of attachment to and affection for the country.
(c) Those who live elsewhere have more life experience to share.
(d) Foreign-born citizens are more likely to support a national government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bedford declare the small states do if the large states dissolve the Confederation?
2. How does Washington get his title of Commander in Chief?
3. In Chapter Six, the Convention delegates decide the members of the National Senate are to be chosen by which procedure?
4. What is the first resolution of the New Jersey Plan?
5. Which state has the largest delegation present at the end of the Convention?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)