|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Massachusetts. The People Speak..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks European visitors to the Southern states?
(a) The accents of the Southern citizens.
(b) The slave quarters at Mount Vernon.
(c) The distance between cities.
(d) The clothing worn by the women.
2. What is Shay's Rebellion?
(a) A revolt by farmers in Western Massachusetts angered over taxation by leaders in Boston.
(b) A rebellion by the colonists against the British rulers.
(c) A movement by Southern farmers to keep slavery in their states.
(d) A movement by the Massachusetts delegation to prevent the writing of a Constitution.
3. Who finally appears at the Convention a week after the Great Compromise is passed?
(a) The governor of New Jersey.
(b) Two delegates from New Hampshire.
(c) The delegation from Kentucky.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
4. What does Edmund Randolph propose on the final day of the Convention?
(a) To empower Congress to cut canals where they are needed.
(b) To add a Bill of Rights to the Constitution.
(c) To hold a second general Convention after the people have a chance to examine the proposed Constitution.
(d) To empower Congress to establish a University.
5. Which article, in the document presented by the Committee of Detail, alarms the Maryland delegates?
(a) The power of Congress to pass navigational acts and regulate commerce among the states.
(b) The power of Congress to overturn legislation by individual states.
(c) The power of Congress to override a Presidential veto.
(d) The power of Congress to levy taxes on property and income.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is named Chairman of the Committee of Style and Arrangement?
2. In Chapter Four, what issue does James Wilson see as the heart of the problem surrounding government?
3. Which state comes prepared to oppose proportional representation?
4. Where does the Constitution go after it is signed in Philadelphia?
5. Which member of the Committee of Style and Arrangement is said to be unequaled as an orator?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)