|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Drafting the Constitution. The Committee of Style and Arrangement Take Hold. September 8-12..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Franklin arrive at the State House?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In a sedan chair.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) On foot.
2. Chapter Five describes which Virginia Resolve that is considered at the beginning of June?
(a) The ability for the President to veto measures.
(b) The institution of a national executive.
(c) The method of representation within the legislature.
(d) The ability for Congress to tax the states.
3. What shocks European visitors to the Southern states?
(a) The accents of the Southern citizens.
(b) The distance between cities.
(c) The clothing worn by the women.
(d) The slave quarters at Mount Vernon.
4. Why is Pierce Butler opposed to foreigners without a long residence in America being elected to Congress?
(a) He believes that only native-born individuals understand democracy.
(b) He believes that Congress functions more efficiently if they are all native English speakers.
(c) He believes that foreigners are not capable of governing effectively.
(d) He believes such individuals bring attachments to other countries that are dangerous to American beliefs.
5. What is the result of Dr. Franklin's speech on representation as described in Chapter Eight?
(a) Tempers flare and the delegates adjourn to give everyone time to think.
(b) The delegates close discussion about representation and move to a different issue.
(c) Tempers cool and the delegates re-examine the issue.
(d) The delegates adopt Dr. Franklin's recommendations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What issue is most important for the states of Kentucky and Tennessee?
2. How does Rutledge and Butler believe representation is determined?
3. In Chapter 10, which delegate makes a long speech about the lack of necessity for a Congress with two branches?
4. Who writes the Virginia Act approving a Federal Convention?
5. Who proposes the compromise on representation?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)