|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life, Liberty and Property. The People at Large. The Method of Electing Congressmen. June 6-7..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motion does the Committee of the Whole approve before they adjourn on the last day of May?
(a) The motion that the national legislature should have two branches.
(b) The motion that the national legislature should have three branches.
(c) The motion that the President should be elected by popular vote.
(d) The motion that the President should be elected for life.
2. What forms the basis of the Convention's procedure?
(a) The Articles of Confederation.
(b) The Pennsylvania Constitution.
(c) The Virginia Resolves.
(d) The Magna Carta.
3. What type of government does Virginia's George Wythe support?
(a) Continuation of the confederation.
(b) A monarchy.
(c) A strong national government.
(d) A weak national government.
4. Which delegate from South Carolina claims to have a plan similar to that presented by Edmund Randolph?
(a) Elbridge Gerry.
(b) Charles Pinkney.
(c) John Adams.
(d) James Madison.
5. Why does Edmund Randolph oppose a single executive?
(a) He believes a single executive is influenced by foreign governments.
(b) He feels a plural executive is more useful if the country is invaded by foreign troops.
(c) He believes a plural executive is better able to represent the different parts of the country.
(d) He feels a national government needs a different model for the executive than the model demonstrated by state governments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it difficult for Congress to obtain a quorum?
2. On May 30th, what amendment to the Virginia Resolves is proposed by Randolph?
3. Why is Thomas Jefferson absent from the Convention?
4. Which delegate took the most comprehensive notes on the Convention meeting?
5. Which state does not send a delegation to the Convention?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)