|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life, Liberty and Property. The People at Large. The Method of Electing Congressmen. June 6-7..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What motion does the Committee of the Whole approve before they adjourn on the last day of May?
(a) The motion that the President should be elected for life.
(b) The motion that the President should be elected by popular vote.
(c) The motion that the national legislature should have three branches.
(d) The motion that the national legislature should have two branches.
2. Why is Thomas Jefferson absent from the Convention?
(a) He is in Paris arranging treaties and dealing with foreign governments.
(b) He is in London arranging treaties and dealing with foreign governments.
(c) He does not want to leave his farm in Virginia.
(d) He is in New York, meeting with Congress.
3. According to the Convention rules, how are questions to be decided?
(a) By secret ballot.
(b) By a vote of two-thirds of the delegates.
(c) By a unanimous vote of the delegates.
(d) By a majority vote by delegates.
4. Why does New Hampshire delay in sending delegates to the Convention?
(a) The state government does not agree with the premises of the Convention.
(b) There are no delegates elected until after the Convention begins.
(c) There is no money in the treasury to pay expenses.
(d) The delegates are all participating in the Congressional session.
5. Who is elected the president of the Convention?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Virginia delegates do before a quorum of states arrive?
2. Which delegate writes and publishes Letters from a Farmer in Pennsylvania to the Inhabitants of the British colonies?
3. Which delegate is the oldest?
4. What does Madison consider to be the usefulness of the Senate?
5. What is the function of the Committee of the Whole House?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)