|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life, Liberty and Property. The People at Large. The Method of Electing Congressmen. June 6-7..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On May 30th, what amendment to the Virginia Resolves is proposed by Randolph?
(a) Change from a federal to a national government.
(b) Change from a supreme power to a federal government.
(c) Change from federal government to a democracy.
(d) Change from the Convention to the Committee of the Whole.
2. Who is elected the president of the Convention?
3. How does Washington get his title of Commander in Chief?
(a) Washington is elected the Commander of the Convention.
(b) Washington is appointed as the Commander of the thirteen original colonies.
(c) Congress elects him as General of the Continental Army.
(d) A popular vote elects him as General of the Continental Army.
4. What do the Virginia delegates do before a quorum of states arrive?
(a) The delegates craft a new Constitution for the United States.
(b) The delegates draft 15 Articles of Confederation detailing a plan for government.
(c) The delegates write 15 Resolves detailing a plan for government.
(d) The delegates meet with delegates from other states to establish a common ground.
5. What is Dr. Franklin's proposal for payment of the executive?
(a) The executive is paid a fixed fee determined by state legislatures.
(b) The executive is not paid.
(c) The executive is paid a percentage of his job before election.
(d) The executive is paid a fixed fee determined by Congress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Thomas Jefferson absent from the Convention?
2. Why is indigence a bad word for most delegates to the Convention?
3. What sound is prevalent in Philadelphia during the Convention?
4. Why does Edmund Randolph oppose a single executive?
5. What metaphor does John Dickinson use to describe his view of American government?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)