|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life, Liberty and Property. The People at Large. The Method of Electing Congressmen. June 6-7..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Madison consider "a clear principle of free government"?
(a) The ability of the people to elect at least one branch of the legislature.
(b) Voting rights for everyone, regardless of status.
(c) The ability of anyone to run for legislative office.
(d) The announcement and publication of all government decisions.
2. Why is Thomas Jefferson absent from the Convention?
(a) He is in New York, meeting with Congress.
(b) He is in Paris arranging treaties and dealing with foreign governments.
(c) He is in London arranging treaties and dealing with foreign governments.
(d) He does not want to leave his farm in Virginia.
3. Which delegate is beloved by the French?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) Rufus King.
4. What motion does the Committee of the Whole approve before they adjourn on the last day of May?
(a) The motion that the national legislature should have three branches.
(b) The motion that the national legislature should have two branches.
(c) The motion that the President should be elected by popular vote.
(d) The motion that the President should be elected for life.
5. According to the Convention rules, how many states make a quorum?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which delegate is credited with being the strongest influence on the creation of the 1787 Convention?
2. What sound is prevalent in Philadelphia during the Convention?
3. What is Shay's Rebellion?
4. What is the Society of the Cincinnati?
5. What is the significance of May 25th?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)