|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Life, Liberty and Property. The People at Large. The Method of Electing Congressmen. June 6-7..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which delegate opens the Convention's "main business"?
(a) Edmund Randolph.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) James Madison.
(d) Alexander Hamilton.
2. On May 30th, what amendment to the Virginia Resolves is proposed by Randolph?
(a) Change from federal government to a democracy.
(b) Change from a supreme power to a federal government.
(c) Change from the Convention to the Committee of the Whole.
(d) Change from a federal to a national government.
3. Who is called the "unsung hero" of the Convention?
(a) James Wilson.
(b) Edmund Randolph.
(c) Charles Pinckney.
(d) Elbridge Gerry.
4. What is Shay's Rebellion?
(a) A movement by the Massachusetts delegation to prevent the writing of a Constitution.
(b) A rebellion by the colonists against the British rulers.
(c) A movement by Southern farmers to keep slavery in their states.
(d) A revolt by farmers in Western Massachusetts angered over taxation by leaders in Boston.
5. Which delegate from South Carolina claims to have a plan similar to that presented by Edmund Randolph?
(a) James Madison.
(b) John Adams.
(c) Elbridge Gerry.
(d) Charles Pinkney.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which late-arriving delegate is also governor of New Jersey?
2. What metaphor does John Dickinson use to describe his view of American government?
3. What do delegates see if they visit Carpenters' Hall?
4. According to the Convention rules, how many states make a quorum?
5. Which delegate took the most comprehensive notes on the Convention meeting?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)