|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Federal versus National. The Two Supremes. The City of Philadelphia..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As described in Chapter Four, what is the main focus of the delegates' debates?
(a) The right to prepare a Constitution.
(b) The rights of individual citizens.
(c) The rights of immigrants.
(d) The rights of states.
2. Which delegate from South Carolina claims to have a plan similar to that presented by Edmund Randolph?
(a) Elbridge Gerry.
(b) Charles Pinkney.
(c) John Adams.
(d) James Madison.
3. What is Shay's Rebellion?
(a) A revolt by farmers in Western Massachusetts angered over taxation by leaders in Boston.
(b) A movement by Southern farmers to keep slavery in their states.
(c) A rebellion by the colonists against the British rulers.
(d) A movement by the Massachusetts delegation to prevent the writing of a Constitution.
4. In Chapter Four, what issue does James Wilson see as the heart of the problem surrounding government?
(a) Is it be over men or over states?
(b) Is it be decided at the Convention?
(c) Does it represent all states equally?
(d) Is it modeled after the British form of government?
5. Which delegate is Washington's neighbor on the Potomac?
(a) Roger Sherman.
(b) Elbridge Gerry.
(c) Thomas Jefferson.
(d) George Mason.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Convention rules, how many states make a quorum?
2. When they arrive, what is the most immediate problem for convention delegates?
3. Where does the Convention meet?
4. How does Washington get his title of Commander in Chief?
5. What question is considered at the first Saturday meeting of the quorum?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)