|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Congressional Veto. Proportional Representation. The Delegates Write Home..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two types of documents do Convention delegates have to guide their discussion of states' rights?
(a) The state constitutions and the Articles of the Confederation.
(b) The Articles of the Confederation and the Bill of Rights.
(c) The Articles of the Confederation and the Declaration of Independence.
(d) The state constitutions and the Declaration of Independence.
2. According to the Convention rules, how are questions to be decided?
(a) By a vote of two-thirds of the delegates.
(b) By a unanimous vote of the delegates.
(c) By a majority vote by delegates.
(d) By secret ballot.
3. Who is Edmund Randolph?
(a) Governor of New Jersey.
(b) Governor of New York.
(c) Governor of Virginia.
(d) Governor of New Hampshire.
4. What does Madison consider to be the usefulness of the Senate?
(a) The Senate is able to discuss foreign matters with more authority because more Senators travel to Europe.
(b) The Senate is able to make decisions with more coolness, systematic procedure, and wisdom than the popularly elected branch of legislature.
(c) The Senate is able to counteract the decisions made by a popularly elected branch of legislature.
(d) The Senate is able to work more closely with the President because they have a similar perspective on American government.
5. Who writes the Virginia Act approving a Federal Convention?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Robert Morris.
(d) James Madison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What metaphor does John Dickinson use to describe his view of American government?
2. What does the "pursuit of happiness" mean to the Convention delegates?
3. Which issue tie up the Convention proceedings for days?
4. Which state sends the most delegates to the Convention?
5. Which delegate opens the Convention's "main business"?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)