|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Congressional Veto. Proportional Representation. The Delegates Write Home..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edmund Randolph oppose a single executive?
(a) He feels a plural executive is more useful if the country is invaded by foreign troops.
(b) He believes a plural executive is better able to represent the different parts of the country.
(c) He feels a national government needs a different model for the executive than the model demonstrated by state governments.
(d) He believes a single executive is influenced by foreign governments.
2. In Chapter Seven, which delegate is described as being aware of the importance and significance of the Convention and its business?
(a) George Mason.
(b) Pierce Butler.
(c) Edmund Randolph.
(d) George Washington.
3. What is Dr. Franklin's proposal for payment of the executive?
(a) The executive is paid a fixed fee determined by state legislatures.
(b) The executive is paid a percentage of his job before election.
(c) The executive is not paid.
(d) The executive is paid a fixed fee determined by Congress.
4. Why does Dr. Franklin argue for a plural executive?
(a) He wants to share the position with George Washington.
(b) He believes a single executive inflames the British.
(c) He believes a single executive becomes ill and unable to conduct public affairs.
(d) He believes a plural executive better reflects the interest of all the states.
5. Who is elected secretary of the Convention?
(a) James Madison of Virginia.
(b) Alexander Hamilton of New York.
(c) Major Jackson of South Carolina.
(d) Robert Morris of Pennsylvania.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Society of the Cincinnati?
2. Which "firebrands" of the American Revolution are absent from the Convention?
3. Which delegate took the most comprehensive notes on the Convention meeting?
4. What is the significance of May 25th?
5. Which issue tie up the Convention proceedings for days?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)