|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Congressional Veto. Proportional Representation. The Delegates Write Home..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which state sends the most delegates to the Convention?
(c) New York.
2. Which delegate took the most comprehensive notes on the Convention meeting?
3. Who is elected the president of the Convention?
4. In Chapter Five, what situation does Madison feel is "peculiarly embarrassing"?
(a) The speech of Benjamin Franklin.
(b) The discussion of the role and salary of the chief executive while Washington is in the room.
(c) The discussion of citizenship rights for Congressmen.
(d) The lack of dignity shown by delegates in the discussion about a chief executive.
5. What forms the basis of the Convention's procedure?
(a) The Magna Carta.
(b) The Virginia Resolves.
(c) The Articles of Confederation.
(d) The Pennsylvania Constitution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which delegate is vehemently opposed to the clause in the Virginia Resolves that gives the national legislature authority to veto laws they judge improper?
2. In Chapter Six, the Convention delegates decide the members of the National Senate are to be chosen by which procedure?
3. What is the ever-present danger delegates do not discuss?
4. What is the Society of the Cincinnati?
5. When they arrive, what is the most immediate problem for convention delegates?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)