|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Congressional Veto. Proportional Representation. The Delegates Write Home..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of government does Virginia's George Wythe support?
(a) A weak national government.
(b) Continuation of the confederation.
(c) A monarchy.
(d) A strong national government.
2. What kind of veto power does the Convention delegates finally grant to the executive?
(a) No veto power.
(b) Veto power subject to overrule by 1/2 of Congress.
(c) Absolute veto power.
(d) Veto power subject to overrule by 2/3 of Congress.
3. What question is considered at the first Saturday meeting of the quorum?
(a) What is the role of the executive in the new government?
(b) Who is president of the Convention?
(c) What type of government best suites America?
(d) What representation is used for Congress?
4. Who is called the "unsung hero" of the Convention?
(a) James Wilson.
(b) Edmund Randolph.
(c) Charles Pinckney.
(d) Elbridge Gerry.
5. Which delegate is vehemently opposed to the clause in the Virginia Resolves that gives the national legislature authority to veto laws they judge improper?
(a) Patrick Henry.
(b) John Dickenson.
(c) Elbridge Gerry.
(d) James Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which delegate took the most comprehensive notes on the Convention meeting?
2. What is the ever-present danger delegates do not discuss?
3. How does Dr. Franklin arrive at the State House?
4. According to the Convention rules, how many states make a quorum?
5. In Chapter Five, what situation does Madison feel is "peculiarly embarrassing"?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)