|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Chapter 4 | Book 7: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Philip shake Maggie's resolve never to see him again?
(a) He asks her whether she does not like him as she once does.
(b) He tells her that he cannot live without her.
(c) He tells her that she is just trying to stupefy herself into resignation.
(d) He tells her that she is missing all that life has to offer.
2. Why does Mr. Tulliver want Tom to study drawing?
(a) So that he becomes a good draftsman of buildings and bridges.
(b) So that he is well-rounded, understanding art as well as math and language.
(c) So that he someday becomes an artist.
(d) So that he entertains himself at times when he is bored.
3. How do Philip and Maggie become close?
(a) They go for walks together around the village.
(b) Maggie begins to study with Philip.
(c) Maggie and Philip are united in their dislike of swords.
(d) They spend a lot of time together while Tom is recovering.
4. Why does Maggie come to get Tom at school during his last quarter at King's Lorton?
(a) Mr. Tulliver needs Tom to testify in the lawsuit.
(b) Mr. Tulliver wants Tom to return home in order to run the mill.
(c) Mr. Tulliver loses the lawsuit and has to give up all his property.
(d) Mr. Tulliver becomes a farmer and needs Tom to work on the farm.
5. What reason does Maggie give Lucy for not being tired the night after she meets Stephen?
(a) She is not used to going to bed so early.
(b) She stays up to talk to Lucy.
(c) She is still thinking of the music they enjoy.
(d) She is still tired from traveling to Lucy's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tom hurt his foot?
2. What does Tom say when Maggie offers to teach him about bookkeeping?
3. How does Maggie's Aunt Glegg react to the news that Maggie comes home?
4. How does Philip manage to get Tom excited about learning?
5. What does Maggie say to Tom after they leave Philip?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)