|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7: Chapter 4 | Book 7: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does their father's death affect Maggie and Tom's relationship?
(a) Their attitudes toward each other are unchanged.
(b) They decide to tolerate each other.
(c) They forgive each other.
(d) They blame each other.
2. Why does Dr. Kenn hope that the good opinion of Maggie by some people is restored?
(a) Lucy speaks on Maggie's behalf.
(b) Stephen sends a letter vindicating Maggie.
(c) Maggie is a good character.
(d) Philip still marries Maggie.
3. Where has Tom wanted Maggie to live as long as she remains unmarried?
(a) With their aunt Pullet.
(b) With their cousin Lucy.
(c) At home with their mother.
(d) With friends at St. Ogg's.
4. Why does Philip's deformity make Maggie feel more tender toward him?
(a) She thinks the hunchback is very handsome.
(b) She likes to have her love appreciated by those who are not used to it.
(c) She feels sorry for Philip because he is made fun of in the past.
(d) She lacks confidence in her ability to inspire love in anyone who is not deformed.
5. What does Mr. Tulliver feel is his strongest reason for staying and working at the mill?
(a) He lives there all his life and loves it.
(b) He hopes to pay off his debts.
(c) His wife asks him to.
(d) He has no other job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Philip manage to get Tom excited about learning?
2. What does Mrs. Moss do when she arrives?
3. What part of the book is introduced in the first chapter?
4. What does Tom think of Maggie?
5. Why does Lucy think that Tom changes his mind about Philip Wakem?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)