|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 5 | Book 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does looking at the new bonnet make Mrs. Tulliver and Mrs. Pullet so sad?
(a) Mrs. Tulliver wishes that she has a similar bonnet.
(b) The bonnet is not fashionable any more.
(c) The bonnet is crushed in the closet and ruined.
(d) Mrs. Pullet speculates that she may not live to wear the bonnet in a second season.
2. Why does Maggie come to get Tom at school during his last quarter at King's Lorton?
(a) Mr. Tulliver loses the lawsuit and has to give up all his property.
(b) Mr. Tulliver becomes a farmer and needs Tom to work on the farm.
(c) Mr. Tulliver wants Tom to return home in order to run the mill.
(d) Mr. Tulliver needs Tom to testify in the lawsuit.
3. What part of the book is introduced in the first chapter?
(a) The theme.
(b) The main characters.
(c) The setting.
(d) The plot.
4. What does Maggie discover when she finds the gypsies?
(a) She admires them greatly.
(b) She does not like them.
(c) She finds out that they are planning to travel away from the village.
(d) She realizes that they just take her home again.
5. Why does Maggie get angry with her aunts and uncles?
(a) They scold and judge, but do not help.
(b) They fight over pieces of furniture.
(c) They do not remember to bring the cousins.
(d) They criticize the dishes and linens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Tulliver's opinion of lawyers?
2. Why does Mrs. Tulliver panic when she cannot find Maggie?
3. Why do Mrs. Tulliver's sisters criticize Mr. Tulliver?
4. Why does Mr. Tulliver advise Maggie and Tom not to become too close to Philip?
5. What does the narrator say it means when a young boy appears sheepish?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)