|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 5 | Book 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the one person Mr. Tulliver recognizes after his fall from the horse?
(a) Mrs. Tulliver.
2. What character trait explains why Tom and Maggie won't take Bob's money?
3. How does Maggie react to the aunt's criticism of her hair?
(a) She brushes it.
(b) She braids it and puts a hat on.
(c) She sticks her head in a bucket of water.
(d) She cuts it.
4. What does the narrator think about the system of sending boys to study with independent schoolmasters, such as Mr. Stelling?
(a) She approves of the individual attention that boys get from these teachers.
(b) She feels that girls should also go to school with independent schoolmasters.
(c) She thinks that it leaves a boy's education up to pure luck.
(d) She thinks it is wrong for boys to leave their homes to go to school.
5. Why is Mr. Tulliver in such a bad mood at Christmas?
(a) He is upset because Tom is not doing so well in his studies.
(b) He is upset because Maggie wants to go to school as well.
(c) He is upset about a farmer using the river to irrigate his crops.
(d) He is upset because he is not getting along well with Mrs. Tulliver.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Philip's deformity make Maggie feel more tender toward him?
2. Why does Maggie come to get Tom at school during his last quarter at King's Lorton?
3. Why does looking at the new bonnet make Mrs. Tulliver and Mrs. Pullet so sad?
4. Why is it hard on Maggie to have her aunts and uncles and cousins come to visit?
5. Why does Mr. Tulliver want Tom to study drawing?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)