|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3: Chapter 5 | Book 3: Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of education does Tom need, if he wants Mr. Deane to help him?
2. Why does Mrs. Glegg get angry with Mr. Glegg the morning after they come home from visiting the Tullivers?
(a) She feels that he is not careful enough about money.
(b) She feels that he does not allow her to visit her sister often enough.
(c) She feels that he does not do enough chores around the house.
(d) She feels he does not support her in the argument with Mr. Tulliver.
3. What is Maggie most shocked by when she arrives at home after accompanying Tom home from Lorton?
(a) Seeing her father still lying in bed, insensible.
(b) Learning that the family may have to go to a workhouse.
(c) Hearing her mother criticize her father's actions and choices.
(d) Seeing her aunts buying the family linens.
4. How does Tom spend his afternoon on the day that he gets home?
(a) Playing with Maggie.
(b) Whittling sticks and talking to Luke.
(c) Fishing with his friend Bob.
(d) Talking with his parents about school.
5. How do Philip and Maggie become close?
(a) Maggie begins to study with Philip.
(b) They spend a lot of time together while Tom is recovering.
(c) Maggie and Philip are united in their dislike of swords.
(d) They go for walks together around the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maggie get angry with her aunts and uncles?
2. What is Philip's main drawback, from Tom's point of view?
3. Why does Tom have a hard time at school with Mr. Stelling?
4. What does Mr. Riley recommend that Mr. Tulliver do about Tom's education?
5. What causes Mr. Tulliver to wake up?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)