|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13 | Book 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maggie think of Tom's lessons with Mr. Stelling when she visits?
(a) She hopes that Mr. Tulliver is happy with his investment in Tom's education.
(b) She thinks that Tom's education is useless when he returns to St. Ogg's.
(c) She is horrified by how hard Tom has to work in order to learn anything.
(d) She is delighted with the schoolwork and learns a lot herself while visiting.
2. What does Maggie discover when she finds the gypsies?
(a) She finds out that they are planning to travel away from the village.
(b) She admires them greatly.
(c) She does not like them.
(d) She realizes that they just take her home again.
3. How does Maggie de-stress when she is frustrated?
(a) She goes swimming in the Floss.
(b) She beats up an old wooden doll in the attic.
(c) She gets into some kind of mischief.
(d) She goes fishing with Tom.
4. Who is Mr. Tulliver planning to send away to school?
(a) His son, Tom.
(b) His wife, Mrs. Tulliver.
(c) His daughter, Maggie.
(d) His niece, Lucy.
5. What is Mr. Tulliver's main regret about his children?
(a) His son, not his daughter, is most like him.
(b) His children do not do chores around the house.
(c) His daughter, not his son, is most like him.
(d) His children do not get along with each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Pullet want to intervene in the quarrel between Mrs. Glegg and Mr. Tulliver?
2. What does the narrator say it means when a young boy appears sheepish?
3. Why is it hard on Maggie to have her aunts and uncles and cousins come to visit?
4. Why does Mrs. Tulliver panic when she cannot find Maggie?
5. What does the narrator think of Mrs. Pullet's grief over old Mrs. Sutton's death?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)