|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1: Chapter 13 | Book 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maggie dunk her head in a tub of water?
(a) She spills something on her hair.
(b) She does not want her mother to try to curl it.
(c) She is too hot and wants to cool off.
(d) She is trying to make her mother think that she takes a bath.
2. How does the narrator say that Maggie looks compared to her cousin Lucy?
(a) Like a newly blossomed rose.
(b) Like a bright, sharp knife blade.
(c) Like a rough, dark, overgrown puppy.
(d) Like a cold, clear shaft of ice.
3. Why does Tom have a hard time at school with Mr. Stelling?
(a) He misses his family at home in St. Ogg's.
(b) He does not like to work and would rather go fishing.
(c) He is not good at learning things like geometry and Latin.
(d) He does not like living with Mr. Stelling.
4. Why is it hard on Maggie to have her aunts and uncles and cousins come to visit?
(a) Her cousin Lucy is much more docile and obedient than Maggie.
(b) Her cousin Lucy does not like to play with Maggie.
(c) Maggie wants to have Tom all to herself.
(d) Maggie does not like her aunts and uncles and cousins.
5. How does Mrs. Moss soften Mr. Tulliver's anger?
(a) She reminds him of their childhood together.
(b) She praises his son, Tom.
(c) She praises his daughter, Maggie.
(d) She offers him a piece of pie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Tulliver's main regret about his children?
2. How does Maggie react when Tom takes Lucy to the pond and tells Maggie not to come?
3. Why does Maggie run away to live with the gypsies?
4. What does the narrator think of Mrs. Pullet's grief over old Mrs. Sutton's death?
5. What helps Mrs. Glegg to feel better about her argument with Mr. Glegg?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)