|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2: Chapter 4 | Book 2: Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Tulliver panic when she cannot find Maggie?
(a) She thinks that Maggie drowns in the pond.
(b) She thinks that Maggie runs away.
(c) She thinks that Maggie should apologize to Lucy.
(d) She thinks that Maggie is getting into trouble.
2. How does the narrator say that Maggie looks compared to her cousin Lucy?
(a) Like a newly blossomed rose.
(b) Like a rough, dark, overgrown puppy.
(c) Like a cold, clear shaft of ice.
(d) Like a bright, sharp knife blade.
3. How does Tom feel about the argument with Philip?
(a) He does not see why they cannot just make it up.
(b) He hates Philip for being the son of Mr. Wakem.
(c) He feels that he is never friends with Philip again.
(d) He resents Philip for being so far ahead of him in school.
4. Why does looking at the new bonnet make Mrs. Tulliver and Mrs. Pullet so sad?
(a) Mrs. Pullet speculates that she may not live to wear the bonnet in a second season.
(b) The bonnet is crushed in the closet and ruined.
(c) The bonnet is not fashionable any more.
(d) Mrs. Tulliver wishes that she has a similar bonnet.
5. While Mr. Tulliver is talking to Mr. Riley about Tom, what does he confide in Mr. Riley about Maggie?
(a) He fears that Maggie is sorry to see Tom go away to school.
(b) He fears that Maggie is popular with the boys when she is older.
(c) He fears that Maggie never wants to leave home because she is so close to her parents.
(d) He fears that Maggie's cleverness leads to trouble when she grows up and becomes a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Maggie nervous about seeing Tom when he comes home?
2. What happens to Maggie when she tries to hug Tom because she is so delighted by the music coming from the music box?
3. How does Mrs. Glegg react to Mr. Tulliver's letter?
4. Why does Maggie dunk her head in a tub of water?
5. What do Mrs. Tulliver's sisters tell Mr. Tulliver about the clergyman he plans to send Tom to study with?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)