|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6: Chapter 6 | Book 6: Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they finally meet again, what tool does Philip use to try to remind Maggie of their love for each other?
2. Why does Mr. Tulliver feel vindicated in his choice to send Tom to study with Mr. Stelling?
(a) Mr. Stelling is planning to open a school and admit even more students.
(b) Mr. Wakem, the lawyer, is sending his son to study with Mr. Stelling as well.
(c) The aunts and uncles come around and feel that Tom's education is important.
(d) Tom is doing very well in his studies and impressing those around him.
3. Why is Mr. Tulliver in such a bad mood at Christmas?
(a) He is upset because Tom is not doing so well in his studies.
(b) He is upset because he is not getting along well with Mrs. Tulliver.
(c) He is upset about a farmer using the river to irrigate his crops.
(d) He is upset because Maggie wants to go to school as well.
4. What does Mr. Tulliver feel is his strongest reason for staying and working at the mill?
(a) He lives there all his life and loves it.
(b) His wife asks him to.
(c) He hopes to pay off his debts.
(d) He has no other job.
5. What is Mr. Tulliver's opinion of lawyers?
(a) He considers them to be rascals.
(b) He wishes that he can afford to hire one.
(c) He thinks that they are beneath his social station.
(d) He admires them and wants Tom to become one.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Maggie and Stephen react to their growing interest in each other?
2. What is Philip's main drawback, from Tom's point of view?
3. Which of the following character traits does the narrator feel is typical of the people of St. Ogg's?
4. How do Tom and Philip react when they first meet each other?
5. What action makes Maggie and Stephen particularly conscious of their attraction to each other?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)