1. What part of the book is introduced in the first chapter?
(a) The theme.
(b) The main characters.
(c) The plot.
(d) The setting.
2. Who is Mr. Tulliver planning to send away to school?
(a) His wife, Mrs. Tulliver.
(b) His son, Tom.
(c) His niece, Lucy.
(d) His daughter, Maggie.
3. What do the Tullivers think of their daughter, Maggie?
(a) She is obedient but foolish.
(b) She is smart and mischievous.
(c) She is pretty and docile.
(d) She is hardworking but dumb.
4. What member of Maggie's family indulges her the most?
(a) Her aunt, Mrs. Glegg.
(b) Her mother, Mrs. Tulliver.
(c) Her brother, Tom.
(d) Her father, Mr. Tulliver.
5. How do we know that Maggie tends to be rambunctious?
(a) She sits still to have her hair combed.
(b) She manages to stay neat and clean.
(c) She likes to read books.
(d) She is always getting her clothes dirty.
6. What is Mr. Tulliver's main regret about his children?
(a) His children do not get along with each other.
(b) His son, not his daughter, is most like him.
(c) His children do not do chores around the house.
(d) His daughter, not his son, is most like him.
This section contains 8,475 words
(approx. 29 pages at 300 words per page)