Book 1: Chapter 1 | Book 1: Chapter 2
1. What part of the book is introduced in the first chapter?
(a) The plot.
(b) The theme.
(c) The main characters.
(d) The setting.
2. Who is Mr. Tulliver planning to send away to school?
(a) His daughter, Maggie.
(b) His wife, Mrs. Tulliver.
(c) His son, Tom.
(d) His niece, Lucy.
3. What do the Tullivers think of their daughter, Maggie?
(a) She is obedient but foolish.
(b) She is smart and mischievous.
(c) She is pretty and docile.
(d) She is hardworking but dumb.
4. What member of Maggie's family indulges her the most?
(a) Her aunt, Mrs. Glegg.
(b) Her mother, Mrs. Tulliver.
(c) Her brother, Tom.
(d) Her father, Mr. Tulliver.
5. How do we know that Maggie tends to be rambunctious?
(a) She likes to read books.
(b) She sits still to have her hair combed.
(c) She manages to stay neat and clean.
(d) She is always getting her clothes dirty.
6. What is Mr. Tulliver's main regret about his children?
(a) His daughter, not his son, is most like him.
(b) His son, not his daughter, is most like him.
(c) His children do not do chores around the house.
(d) His children do not get along with each other.
This section contains 8,475 words
(approx. 29 pages at 300 words per page)