|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrei primarily need for the resistance movement he wants to start?
(c) Moral support.
2. A number of the youth at Wework farm avoid deportation due to the efforts of whom?
(a) Ana Grinspan.
(b) Gabriela Rak.
(c) Wolf Brandel.
(d) Deborah Bronski.
3. What is Rudolph Schreiker's official title?
(a) Nazi General of Warsaw.
(b) Nazi Commandant of Warsaw.
(c) Nazi Sergeant of Warsaw.
(d) Nazi Regulator of Warsaw.
4. Where is Franz Koenig's new office?
(a) In City Hall.
(b) In his home.
(c) In the Embassy.
(d) In the synagogue.
5. Upon what does Paul's wife insist?
(a) Having another child.
(b) Adhering to the Nazi's demands.
(d) Their faithful practice of Judaism.
Short Answer Questions
1. Horst Von Epp invites Chris out for dinner and a night of girls. What is Chris' response?
2. How does Andrei provide Gabriela with an opportunity to escape Poland?
3. How many steps are there to Simon Eden, Emanuel Goldman, and David Zemba's plan?
4. What is Gabriela's job?
5. To what position does Franz Koenig appoint Paul Bronski?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Deborah view her relationship with Chris?
2. Who in the novel keeps a journal, and why?
3. Why is Alfred Funk brought to Warsaw in Part 2, Chapter 16?
4. When all Jewish organization are outlawed and the Bathyrans are forced underground, what does Andrei decide to do?
5. What do Alex Brandel and Andrei view differently at the The Bathyran Council meeting in Part 1?
6. What are the first things Sieghold Stutze does as the new SS commander in Warsaw?
7. As preparations continue in Part 1, Chapters 13 & 14 for the occupation of Warsaw, how is Chris affected?
8. Why does Andrei refuse to marry Gabriela?
9. Describe what occurs between Wolf and Rachel in Part 2, Chapter 21.
10. Describe Chris' parents, and his relationship with them as he grew up.
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)