|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Chris attend journalism school?
(a) Loma Linda.
(b) Columbia University.
2. What is one thing Andrei and Wolf's resistance movement has set up by Part 2, Chapter 22?
(a) An attack strategy.
(b) An attack date.
(c) Radio operations.
(d) A meeting place.
3. To what political party did Chris' father belong on which Chris later reported?
(a) The Communist Party.
(b) The Republican Party.
(c) The Socialist Party.
(d) The Fascist Party.
4. Who purchases "Aryan Papers"?
(a) American immigrants to Germany.
(b) Jews who have escaped the ghetto and are trying to pass as non-Jews.
(c) Wealthier Jews living as non-Jews.
(d) Russian immigrants to Germany.
5. After all communication with the world is cut off, how does Chris send out his report?
(a) Through Morse code.
(b) He doesn't. He saves them to send out later.
(c) Through evacuating Americans.
(d) He secretly mails them to a friend in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. There is pressure on Chris to close the news agency, but he will not ____________.
2. How does the relationship between Wolf and Rachel change in Part 2, Chapter 21?
3. To what position does Franz Koenig appoint Paul Bronski?
4. What is the poor section of Warsaw, to which the Jews have been relegated, called?
5. What is Andrei Androfski's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Paul Bronski meets with Andrei in Part 3, Chapter 3, in an effort to neutralize Andrei's militant efforts, what does Bronski offer? How does Andrei respond?
2. How does Brandel show that he trusts Rabbi Solomon? With what does Solomon respond?
3. Who are Christopher De Monti and Ervin Rosenblum, and how do they know one another?
4. In what year does the book open, and what is the political setting?
5. Describe the three-pronged plan Brandel and the other leaders develop in Part 2, Chapter 6.
6. How does Deborah view her relationship with Chris?
7. Why does Andrei refuse to marry Gabriela?
8. What are the first things Sieghold Stutze does as the new SS commander in Warsaw?
9. Who is Horst Von Epp, and why is his job ironic?
10. As the preparation for the occupation of Warsaw continues, a truce is to be signed. What have the Germans agreed to exchange? What is discovered later about why the Germans even offered this exchange?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)