|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is pressure on Chris to close the news agency, but he will not ____________.
(a) Be bullied into it.
(b) Stop reporting the atrocities.
(c) Sacrifice his career.
(d) Leave Deborah.
2. When Chris De Monti introduces the subject of getting someone out of Poland, specifically a woman and children, how does Von Epp respond?
(a) He says it can be done, but for a high price.
(b) He says it can be done, but he is not sure how.
(c) He says it is suicide and refuses to discuss it any further.
(d) He says it is impossible.
3. What is the poor section of Warsaw, to which the Jews have been relegated, called?
(a) The hood.
(b) The Grotto.
(c) The slums.
(d) The Ghetto.
4. What is prohibited to Jews in Warsaw?
(a) Food and water.
(b) Education and religious practices.
(c) Alcohol and drugs.
5. Despite his personal feelings toward Nazi policies, what does Horst Von Epp do?
(a) Teaches the policies to children.
(b) Refuses to implement them when Nazis are not around.
(c) Accepts them for personal gain.
(d) Refuses to harm Jewish people.
Short Answer Questions
1. After all communication with the world is cut off, how does Chris send out his report?
2. From where is Hitler sending more Jews into the ghetto, causing overcrowding?
3. Who had Von Epp originally requested that Chris fire?
4. Germans agreed to a prisoner exchange of _____ Pole(s) for _____ German(s).
5. Where is Christopher Di Monte living when the book opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. When all Jewish organization are outlawed and the Bathyrans are forced underground, what does Andrei decide to do?
2. What are the first things Sieghold Stutze does as the new SS commander in Warsaw?
3. When Paul Bronski meets with Andrei in Part 3, Chapter 3, in an effort to neutralize Andrei's militant efforts, what does Bronski offer? How does Andrei respond?
4. Why is Alfred Funk brought to Warsaw in Part 2, Chapter 16?
5. As the preparation for the occupation of Warsaw continues, a truce is to be signed. What have the Germans agreed to exchange? What is discovered later about why the Germans even offered this exchange?
6. Describe Chris' parents, and his relationship with them as he grew up.
7. When Andrei visits Paul Bronski's new office, of what is he trying to convince Paul? In response, about what does Paul try to convince both Andrei and himself?
8. What do Von Epp and Chris discuss in Part 2, Chapter 27?
9. What is the relationship and agreement between Max Kleperman and Koenig?
10. Who is Rudolph Schreiker, and how can he be described?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)