|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Andrei primarily need for the resistance movement he wants to start?
(b) Moral support.
2. What happens to Rabbi Solomon's synagogue?
(a) It is closed down.
(b) It is burned down.
(c) It is converted into a Nazi headquarters.
(d) It is converted into an orphanage.
3. What physical feature primarily helps Andrei pass as an Aryan?
(a) Blonde hair.
(c) Grey eyes.
(d) Large feet.
4. What has happened to Paul Bronski in Part 1, Chapter 15?
(a) He has lost an arm.
(b) He has lost a leg.
(c) He is very ill.
(d) He goes crazy.
5. What is Wolf's job in the resistance movement?
(a) He runs the printing press.
(b) He records the meeting notes.
(c) He decodes messages.
(d) He is a runner.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does Brandel trust Solomon?
2. By the time Chris De Monti has returned from reporting on the Eastern Front, where is Ervin living?
3. Based on Chris' response to Von Epp's invitation for a night of dinner and girls, what does Von Epp assume?
4. What do Deborah, Brandel, and others do in preparation for total German occupation?
5. Why does Brandel decide to move his wife and children?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andrei refuse to marry Gabriela?
2. Who in the novel keeps a journal, and why?
3. Why is Alfred Funk brought to Warsaw in Part 2, Chapter 16?
4. Describe the conditions in the Warsaw Ghetto by 1940.
5. As preparations continue in Part 1, Chapters 13 & 14 for the occupation of Warsaw, how is Chris affected?
6. How is Gabriela Rak initially described to readers?
7. Who is Horst Von Epp, and why is his job ironic?
8. When all Jewish organization are outlawed and the Bathyrans are forced underground, what does Andrei decide to do?
9. What is the relationship and agreement between Max Kleperman and Koenig?
10. Prior to coming to Warsaw, on what does Chis report, and how are his report received?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)