|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Part 4, Chapter 22, how does Gabriela realize there is someone coming through the sewer lines?
(a) She just gets a feeling.
(b) She can hear the people whispering in the sewer.
(c) She receives a radio signal.
(d) A runner delivers a message to her.
2. What does Koenig offer the individual with whom he meets in the ghetto in Part 4, Chapter 9?
(a) Safe passage to America for Joint Forces leadership, and safe passage to Switzerland for the remaining Jews in Warsaw.
(b) Safe passage for the Joint Forces leadership and their families to America.
(c) Safe passage to Russia for the Joint Forces members and their families.
(d) Safe passage to Switzerland for the Joint Forces leadership and others of their chosing up to 2,000.
3. Of 500,000 Jews initially in the ghetto, how many survivors are left by the end of Part 4, Chapter 23?
4. Who is sent to Rachel's apartment in order to confirm a rendezvous point and get more provisions?
5. Where is the site of the first Jewish ghetto and labor camps?
6. How is Koenig's offer in Part 4, Chapter 9 received?
(a) Koenig is spit upon.
(b) With anger, but reluctant agreement.
(c) With a stern hand shake.
(d) With gratitude.
7. What is the second group Funk sends in to the ghetto in Part 4, Chapter 14?
(a) Reinhard Corps.
8. In Part 4, Chapter 3, Andrei and Simon successfully fight the SS, using which two weapons?
(a) A pistol and a spear.
(b) A machine gun and a pistol.
(c) A pistol and homemade bombs.
(d) Homemade bombs and a machine gun.
9. What is 'The Final Solution'?
(a) Complete extermination of all Nazis.
(b) A treaty to help end the war.
(c) Complete extermination of all Jews.
(d) A nuclear weapon.
10. How many trucks does Anna Grinspan manage to commandeer in Part 4?
11. What does Gabriela tell the priest in Part 4?
(a) She is pregnant with Chris' child.
(b) She hopes to marry Andrei someday.
(c) She is pregnant with Andrei's child.
(d) She hopes to marry Chris someday.
12. When the order for deportation of the Jews increases, with what action did the Jews respond?
(a) Digging underground bunkers to hide.
(b) Creating homemade bombs.
(c) Digging their way out of the ghetto and running away.
(d) Mass suicides.
13. How many Jews are left at the beginning of Part 4, hiding in sewage pipelines and underground tunnels?
14. How many other civilians and children are following Chris, Wolf, Rachel, and Ana out of Mila 18 through smaller sewer pipes?
15. What does Horst Von Epp admit at the end of Part 3?
(a) He is proud of his actions in the war.
(b) Germany will lose the war.
(c) He regrets his actions in the war.
(d) Germany will win the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Andrei able to get a pass into the day labor camp, Majdanek?
2. At the end of Part 3, with whom does Horst Von Epp meet?
3. What does Horst Von Epp say he knows about Chris De Monti?
4. What building(s) in the ghetto does Funk's plan of attack in Part 4, Chapter 11 involve taking over?
5. What is the only reason NOT cited for individuals in the escape group of Part 4 dying while in the sewer?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)