|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Moritz Katz live?
(a) Mila 17.
(b) Mila 20.
(c) Mila 15.
(d) Mila 19.
2. At the end of Part 4, Chapter 13, word is received that the German attack will occur the next morning, as Jews in all of the bunkers begin the celebration of which Jewish holiday?
(b) Rosh Chodesh.
(c) Rosh Hashanah.
(d) Yom Kippur.
3. What is 'The Final Solution'?
(a) A treaty to help end the war.
(b) Complete extermination of all Nazis.
(c) A nuclear weapon.
(d) Complete extermination of all Jews.
4. At the end of Part 3, with whom does Horst Von Epp meet?
(a) Chris De Monti.
(b) Gabriela Rak.
(c) Deborah Bronski.
(d) Wolf Brandel.
5. How long is Andrei's report on the horrors at the Nazi labor camps?
(a) 20 pages.
(b) 100 pages.
(c) 65 pages.
(d) 200 pages.
6. What does Horst Von Epp admit at the end of Part 3?
(a) Germany will lose the war.
(b) He is proud of his actions in the war.
(c) He regrets his actions in the war.
(d) Germany will win the war.
7. Humiliated by continued defeat and berated by Himmler, what does Funk decide to do to the ghetto?
(a) Use planes to bomb the entire ghetto.
(b) Throw bombs into the sewers, where he knows Jews are hiding.
(c) Pour lighter fluid around the perimeter of the ghetto, then light it on fire in the middle of the night.
(d) Set the ghetto on fire using gasoline bombs.
8. When the orphanage is raided and the children are put on boxcars, what do the nurses do?
(a) Hold the children and sing together to quell their fears.
(b) Offer themselves in place of the children.
(c) Lie to the children and say they are going to a safe place.
(d) Hand out poisoned chocolates to everyone.
9. Chris De Monti and ____________ are the only two who know where the milk cans of materials are buried.
(a) Wolf Brandel.
(b) Deborah Bronski.
(c) Horst Von Epp.
(d) Ervin Rosenblum.
10. In 1941, in the first raid of the Warsaw ghetto, how many Jews are taken and executed?
11. How many individuals are in the group formed when the Jewish factions unite?
12. When Chris De Monti is picked up by Andrei's men at the end of Part 3, where is he taken?
(a) To an apartment.
(b) The synagogue.
(c) The nurse.
(d) Mila 19.
13. What building(s) in the ghetto does Funk's plan of attack in Part 4, Chapter 11 involve taking over?
(a) The synogogue.
(b) The factories.
(c) Mila 19.
(d) Mila 18.
14. Into how many sections has the Jewish military force been divided by Part 4?
15. How many Jews are murdered daily, according to Andrei's report?
(a) Tens of thousands.
(b) Hundreds of thousands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many trucks does Anna Grinspan manage to commandeer in Part 4?
2. How is Koenig's offer in Part 4, Chapter 9 received?
3. Where is the site of the first Jewish ghetto and labor camps?
4. In Part 4, Chapter 18, what do the Joint Forces member steal from dead German soldiers?
5. What does Horst Von Epp say he is certain is hidden all over the ghetto?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)