|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 3, Andrei and Simon successfully fight the SS, using which two weapons?
(a) Homemade bombs and a machine gun.
(b) A pistol and homemade bombs.
(c) A machine gun and a pistol.
(d) A pistol and a spear.
2. How many other civilians and children are following Chris, Wolf, Rachel, and Ana out of Mila 18 through smaller sewer pipes?
3. Who does Andrei put in charge of getting Chris, Wolf, Rachel, Ana, and others out through smaller sewer pipes?
4. What valuable information does the prison director give the Joint Forces?
(a) An escape route out of Warsaw.
(b) Locations of hidden stores and information about Nazi officials in Warsaw.
(c) The names and locations of Warsaw Nazi officials' families.
(d) The home addresses of Nazi officials in Warsaw.
5. Who is sent to Rachel's apartment in order to confirm a rendezvous point and get more provisions?
6. How is the elite Nazi group handled by the Joint Forces in Part 4, Chapter 14?
(a) The Jewish resistance is massacred.
(b) The Nazi group is massacred by Jews popping up through manholes and basement windows.
(c) The Nazi group is massacred by the Joint Forces on the rooftops and windows.
(d) Both sides lose a large number of people.
7. When the person with whom Horst Von Epp is meeting with at the end of Part 3 appears, what does he tell that individual to do?
(a) Escape to Hungary on the next train.
(b) Join the Nazis.
(c) Get lost in the ghetto.
(d) Escape to America on the next boat.
8. What building(s) in the ghetto does Funk's plan of attack in Part 4, Chapter 11 involve taking over?
(a) Mila 18.
(b) The synogogue.
(c) Mila 19.
(d) The factories.
9. When the Joint Forces take a prison, what do they do to the prison director?
(a) Make the Nazi guards kill him.
(b) Kill him instantly.
(c) Lock him in solitary confinement.
(d) Use his own torture methods on him.
10. What does Horst Von Epp admit at the end of Part 3?
(a) Germany will lose the war.
(b) Germany will win the war.
(c) He regrets his actions in the war.
(d) He is proud of his actions in the war.
11. The Communist faction of the Joint Forces attempts an escape through the sewer pipes to _______________.
(b) The Posnan River.
(c) The Vistula River.
12. When the Nazis couldn't find enough 'volunteers' to go to the day labor camps, from where did the Nazis send people?
(a) Neighboring ghettos.
(b) The ghetto factories.
(c) The ghetto hospital.
(d) The ghetto school.
13. At the end of Part 4, Chapter 22, how does Gabriela realize there is someone coming through the sewer lines?
(a) She can hear the people whispering in the sewer.
(b) A runner delivers a message to her.
(c) She just gets a feeling.
(d) She receives a radio signal.
14. How many Jews are left at the beginning of Part 4, hiding in sewage pipelines and underground tunnels?
15. In Part 4, Chapter 16, the Joint Forces have four more victories, but they are running out of ___________
(b) Food and water.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 4, Chapter 12, who is taken secretly, along with two female orphans, to a priest's rectory for handover to a rural Polish couple?
2. What is the only reason NOT cited for individuals in the escape group of Part 4 dying while in the sewer?
3. When the order for deportation of the Jews increases, with what action did the Jews respond?
4. What does Koenig offer the individual with whom he meets in the ghetto in Part 4, Chapter 9?
5. What does Gabriela tell the priest in Part 4?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)