|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what position does Franz Koenig appoint Paul Bronski?
(a) President of the Jewish Civil Authority.
(b) Deputy of the Jewish Civil Authority.
(c) Secretary of the Jewish Council.
(d) Koenig's personal assistant.
2. Horst Von Epp invites Chris out for dinner and a night of girls. What is Chris' response?
(a) 'Yes' to both.
(b) 'Yes' to dinner, 'no' to the girls.
(c) 'No' to dinner, 'yes' to the girls.
(d) 'No' to both.
3. When Ervin calls at the end of Part 1, Chapter 9, what news does he have?
(a) German troops are beginning to invade Poland.
(b) German troops are regrouping and it is unclear what they will do next.
(c) German troops are beginning to invade Russia.
(d) German troops are retreating.
4. What has happened to Paul Bronski in Part 1, Chapter 15?
(a) He has lost an arm.
(b) He is very ill.
(c) He goes crazy.
(d) He has lost a leg.
5. What is unique about the Poles sent for the prisoner exchange?
(a) They are all amputees.
(b) They are all very ill.
(c) They are all insane.
(d) They are already dead.
6. What is Gabriela's relationship to Andrei?
(a) Andrei is Gabriela's boss.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) They are engaged in a love affair.
(d) Gabriela is Andrei's boss.
7. With what does Brandel trust Solomon?
(a) An old family secret.
(b) The secret of his journals.
(c) The confession of a crime.
(d) The location of his underground bunker.
8. What is Ervin Rosenblum's profession?
(c) He is unemployed.
9. What was Chris' father?
(a) A French Ambassador.
(b) An Italian Ambassador.
(c) An Italian Count.
(d) An American businessman.
10. Where is Franz Koenig's new office?
(a) In the Embassy.
(b) In the synagogue.
(c) In City Hall.
(d) In his home.
11. What skill earns Gabriela her job?
(a) Nothing. Her father is rich and bribes her way into the position.
(b) The ability to speak several languages.
(c) Her extensive cooking skills.
(d) Her extensive knowledge of surrounding countries.
12. What is the first thing Schreiker requires the Jewish Civil Authority to do?
(a) Vote on new execution methods.
(b) Profess a love for Hitler.
(c) Register all Jews within Warsaw.
(d) Salute the Nazi flag.
13. How does Franz Koenig feel about the recent events in Part Two, Chapter 1?
(a) He is very worried about Paul.
(b) He his happy about Paul's misfortune.
(c) He is unsure how to feel about everything.
(d) He is terrified.
14. What happens at the location to which Andrei escapes in Part 1, Chapter 11?
(a) He is nursed back to health.
(b) He gets lost.
(c) He is shot at by a German soldier.
(d) He is almost captured by a German soldier.
15. Where is Christopher Di Monte living when the book opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Chapter 13, Paul is caught between his wife's beliefs and _____________.
2. How does Paul characterize his wife's brother, Andrei Androfski?
3. To where do Andrei and his Sergeant escape to in Part 1, Chapter 11?
4. After Chris De Monti's house and Von Epp's office are bugged, how do they communicate?
5. What does Brandel believe about his journal?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)