|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rudolph Schreiker's official title?
(a) Nazi General of Warsaw.
(b) Nazi Sergeant of Warsaw.
(c) Nazi Regulator of Warsaw.
(d) Nazi Commandant of Warsaw.
2. What skill earns Gabriela her job?
(a) Her extensive knowledge of surrounding countries.
(b) The ability to speak several languages.
(c) Her extensive cooking skills.
(d) Nothing. Her father is rich and bribes her way into the position.
3. What is the poor section of Warsaw, to which the Jews have been relegated, called?
(a) The Grotto.
(b) The slums.
(c) The Ghetto.
(d) The hood.
4. With what does Brandel trust Solomon?
(a) The secret of his journals.
(b) An old family secret.
(c) The confession of a crime.
(d) The location of his underground bunker.
5. To what political party did Chris' father belong on which Chris later reported?
(a) The Fascist Party.
(b) The Communist Party.
(c) The Republican Party.
(d) The Socialist Party.
6. Where is Christopher Di Monte living when the book opens?
7. What does Chris promise Paul, if Paul dies?
(a) Chris will get Deborah and the children out of Poland.
(b) He will assure Paul is given a proper burial.
(c) He will marry Deborah and adpot Paul's children.
(d) He will take Paul's body out of Poland.
8. Who is Wolf?
(a) Brandel's oldest son.
(b) Paul Bronski's oldest son.
(c) Franz Koenig's oldest son.
(d) A Nazi general in Warsaw.
9. What is Andrei Androfski's profession?
(c) Polish Army Captain.
(d) Polish Army General.
10. What is Ervin Rosenblum's profession?
(c) He is unemployed.
11. What was Chris' father?
(a) An American businessman.
(b) A French Ambassador.
(c) An Italian Count.
(d) An Italian Ambassador.
12. What year is it in Part 2, Chapter 17, when all Warsaw Jews are in the ghetto?
13. What does the plan that Simon Eden, Emanuel Goldman, and David Zemba devise ultimately achieve?
(a) Money and operational centers for Brandel.
(b) Escape for 3,000 Jews.
(c) Escape for 4,000 Jews.
(d) An alibi for Brandel's plan.
14. What is Wolf's job in the resistance movement?
(a) He is a runner.
(b) He runs the printing press.
(c) He records the meeting notes.
(d) He decodes messages.
15. Upon what does Paul's wife insist?
(a) Their faithful practice of Judaism.
(b) Adhering to the Nazi's demands.
(d) Having another child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Franz Koenig's new office?
2. In Part 3, who is the new contact on the Aryan side for Andrei's make-shift army?
3. How does Andrei provide Gabriela with an opportunity to escape Poland?
4. How many steps are there to Simon Eden, Emanuel Goldman, and David Zemba's plan?
5. Where does Paul Bronski want his estate accounts taken in order to be turned into other currencies and investments?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)