|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Alex Brandel and Andrei disagree in their discussion at the council meeting in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) Andrei believes Jews must leave Poland, while Brandel believes they should stay and fight for equality.
(b) Brandel believes Jews must leave Poland, while Andrei believes they should stay and fight for equality.
(c) Andrei believes Jews have created their current position by being submissive, while Brandel believes it was inevitable due to German political power.
(d) Brandel believes Jews have created their current position by being submissive, while Andrei believes it was inevitable due to German political power.
2. How does Horst Von Epp do his job?
(a) He wines and dines foreign journalists.
(b) He tries to match Jews up with jobs as similar to their previous careers as possible.
(c) He shoots anyone who does not respond to his demands immediately.
(d) He has a few drinks to help his creativity while writing speeches.
3. What is Ervin Rosenblum's profession?
(c) He is unemployed.
4. What terrible thing does Sieghold Stutze make Rabbi Solomon do?
(a) Use the Lord's name in vain.
(b) Burn the Torah.
(c) Urinate on the sacred Torah.
(d) Burn down the Synagogue.
5. Where does Brandel decide to more his wife and children in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(b) An underground bunker.
(c) The orphanage.
(d) An apartment.
6. From where is Christopher Di Monte?
7. Where did Chris attend journalism school?
(b) Columbia University.
(d) Loma Linda.
8. In what condition does Gabriela find Andrei and Chris in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(d) Very ill.
9. After all communication with the world is cut off, how does Chris send out his report?
(a) He doesn't. He saves them to send out later.
(b) Through evacuating Americans.
(c) Through Morse code.
(d) He secretly mails them to a friend in America.
10. By the time Chris De Monti has returned from reporting on the Eastern Front, where is Ervin living?
(c) In the ghetto.
(d) No one knows.
11. Andrei visits Paul Bronski in Part 2, Chapter 4 and tries to convince him of what?
(a) That Bronski should find an underground bunker to join.
(b) That the Nazis have far worse plans for the Jews.
(c) That he should give financial backing to Bathyrans.
(d) That Bronski is a target for the Nazis.
12. Who is Wolf?
(a) Brandel's oldest son.
(b) A Nazi general in Warsaw.
(c) Franz Koenig's oldest son.
(d) Paul Bronski's oldest son.
13. What was Chris' father?
(a) An Italian Ambassador.
(b) A French Ambassador.
(c) An American businessman.
(d) An Italian Count.
14. Where does Gabriela wait each night in hopes of Andrei returning to Warsaw?
(a) Andrei's apartment.
(b) The edge of town.
(c) Her room.
(d) An underground bunker.
15. What does Chris promise Paul, if Paul dies?
(a) He will take Paul's body out of Poland.
(b) Chris will get Deborah and the children out of Poland.
(c) He will assure Paul is given a proper burial.
(d) He will marry Deborah and adpot Paul's children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in Part 2, Chapter 17, when all Warsaw Jews are in the ghetto?
2. What does the plan that Simon Eden, Emanuel Goldman, and David Zemba devise ultimately achieve?
3. How much money does it take to secure Wolf's release after he is caught while on assignment for the resistance movement?
4. What is Rabbi Solomon considered to be in Warsaw?
5. Based on Chris' response to Von Epp's invitation for a night of dinner and girls, what does Von Epp assume?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)