|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where is Christopher Di Monte?
2. What is the poor section of Warsaw, to which the Jews have been relegated, called?
(a) The slums.
(b) The hood.
(c) The Ghetto.
(d) The Grotto.
3. What does Andrei primarily need for the resistance movement he wants to start?
(b) Moral support.
4. What does Chris promise Paul, if Paul dies?
(a) He will take Paul's body out of Poland.
(b) He will marry Deborah and adpot Paul's children.
(c) Chris will get Deborah and the children out of Poland.
(d) He will assure Paul is given a proper burial.
5. For what is Paul's wife preparing their son?
(a) His Bar Mitzvah.
(b) To be a Rabbi.
(c) To fight the Nazis.
(d) His parents' death.
6. Who purchases "Aryan Papers"?
(a) Russian immigrants to Germany.
(b) Jews who have escaped the ghetto and are trying to pass as non-Jews.
(c) American immigrants to Germany.
(d) Wealthier Jews living as non-Jews.
7. Of what does Gabriela accuse the Archbishop of Warsaw?
(a) Stealing food and water from his brethren.
(b) Defiling the meaning of Christianity.
(c) Stealing money from his brethren.
(d) Speaking blasphemy.
8. When Chris De Monti introduces the subject of getting someone out of Poland, specifically a woman and children, how does Von Epp respond?
(a) He says it is impossible.
(b) He says it can be done, but for a high price.
(c) He says it can be done, but he is not sure how.
(d) He says it is suicide and refuses to discuss it any further.
9. What is Paul's son's name?
(c) Paul Jr.
10. Who is Simon Eden?
(a) Deborah's brother.
(b) The labor Zionist leader.
(c) Director of the American Relief Society
(d) A pianist and member of the Jewish Council.
11. What does Brandel believe about his journal?
(a) It will be burned when he is done.
(b) It will get him in trouble.
(c) It will never be read.
(d) It may someday help his people.
12. Where does Paul Bronski want his estate accounts taken in order to be turned into other currencies and investments?
(a) South Africa.
13. How does Franz Koenig feel about the recent events in Part Two, Chapter 1?
(a) He is unsure how to feel about everything.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He his happy about Paul's misfortune.
(d) He is very worried about Paul.
14. Where have Andrei and Wolf set up a printing press for their resistance movement?
(a) The basement of an abandoned house.
(b) The former synagogue.
(c) The attic of an abandoned theater.
(d) The attic of an abandoned house.
15. What does Deborah worry will happen, due to her relationship with Chris?
(a) Their 'sin' will be punished by God.
(b) He will be targeted more strongly by the Nazis.
(c) He will lose his job.
(d) Her father will be mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves out of anger after Chris and Andrei argue over Zionism in Part One, Chapter 5?
2. What has happened to the farm at Wework by Part 3 of the novel?
3. Why is the elderly Goldman executed?
4. How many steps are there to Simon Eden, Emanuel Goldman, and David Zemba's plan?
5. What is Gabriela's job?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)