|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gabriela's job?
(a) Assistant Dean.
(c) Cook's assistant.
(d) Teacher and translator.
2. When all Jewish organization are outlawed, what happens to the Bathyrans?
(a) They disband.
(b) They separate into smaller factions.
(c) They ignore the ban and continue meeting as usual.
(d) They go underground.
3. How do Franz Koenig and Paul Bronski know each other?
(a) They are colleagues.
(b) They went to school together.
(c) They are friends.
(d) They used to play cards together.
4. What is the name of the council meeting under the direction of Alex Brandel?
(a) The Bathyran Council.
(b) The Zionist Council.
(c) The Bethleham Council.
(d) The Babylon Council.
5. How does Horst Von Epp personally feel about the policies of Nazism?
(a) He supports only some.
(b) He is averse to them.
(c) He supports them fully.
(d) He feels they are hypocritical.
6. With what does Brandel trust Solomon?
(a) An old family secret.
(b) The confession of a crime.
(c) The location of his underground bunker.
(d) The secret of his journals.
7. What is Mila 18?
(a) The address of the Orphanage.
(b) A brand of Jewish coffee.
(c) A brand of Jewish bread.
(d) The name of a ghetto neighborhood.
8. By whom is Wolf caught while on assignment for the resistance movement?
(a) Rabbi Solomon.
(b) Two Nazi generals.
(c) Horst Von Epp.
(d) The Gestapo.
9. What was Chris' father?
(a) An Italian Ambassador.
(b) An Italian Count.
(c) A French Ambassador.
(d) An American businessman.
10. In Part 2, Chapter 21, what is Rachel providing for the children of the orphanage?
(a) Organized play-time.
(b) A reading program.
(c) Story-telling time.
(d) A music program.
11. How is Paul Bronski's living situation different than most other Jews in Warsaw?
(a) He lives in an apartment instead of a house.
(b) He lives in a nice apartment outside of the ghetto.
(c) He still lives with his family.
(d) He has already been moved by the Nazis, so the worst is over.
12. When Chris De Monti introduces the subject of getting someone out of Poland, specifically a woman and children, how does Von Epp respond?
(a) He says it can be done, but he is not sure how.
(b) He says it can be done, but for a high price.
(c) He says it is impossible.
(d) He says it is suicide and refuses to discuss it any further.
13. What is Andrei Androfski's profession?
(c) Polish Army General.
(d) Polish Army Captain.
14. How does Franz Koenig feel about the recent events in Part Two, Chapter 1?
(a) He is terrified.
(b) He his happy about Paul's misfortune.
(c) He is very worried about Paul.
(d) He is unsure how to feel about everything.
15. Where did Chris attend journalism school?
(a) Loma Linda.
(d) Columbia University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the location to which Andrei escapes in Part 1, Chapter 11?
2. When Ervin calls at the end of Part 1, Chapter 9, what news does he have?
3. How many German-owned factories are in the ghetto?
4. What does Chris promise Paul, if Paul dies?
5. What are Andrei and Chris debating in Part 1, Chapter 7?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)