|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where do Andrei and his Sergeant escape to in Part 1, Chapter 11?
(c) A peasant home.
(d) The woods.
2. What happens to Rabbi Solomon's synagogue?
(a) It is converted into a Nazi headquarters.
(b) It is burned down.
(c) It is converted into an orphanage.
(d) It is closed down.
3. Where does Paul Bronski want his estate accounts taken in order to be turned into other currencies and investments?
(d) South Africa.
4. Where do Alex Brandel and Andrei disagree in their discussion at the council meeting in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) Brandel believes Jews must leave Poland, while Andrei believes they should stay and fight for equality.
(b) Andrei believes Jews have created their current position by being submissive, while Brandel believes it was inevitable due to German political power.
(c) Brandel believes Jews have created their current position by being submissive, while Andrei believes it was inevitable due to German political power.
(d) Andrei believes Jews must leave Poland, while Brandel believes they should stay and fight for equality.
5. What job does Gabriela have in Part 2, in order to help her be less conspicuous?
(c) She is unemployed.
(d) Ticket taker.
6. After Chris De Monti's house and Von Epp's office are bugged, how do they communicate?
(a) On walks or by meeting at churches.
(b) By letters only.
(c) Through Jewish runners.
(d) Using Morse code.
7. What does Solomon counsel Brandel to do in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Gather church followers and train them to fight in the name of God.
(b) Ask God for strength to fight the enemy.
(c) Have faith and remain a good Jew.
(d) Treat others - even the Germans - how he wants to be treated.
8. What is the poor section of Warsaw, to which the Jews have been relegated, called?
(a) The Ghetto.
(b) The hood.
(c) The Grotto.
(d) The slums.
9. When Chris De Monti introduces the subject of getting someone out of Poland, specifically a woman and children, how does Von Epp respond?
(a) He says it is impossible.
(b) He says it is suicide and refuses to discuss it any further.
(c) He says it can be done, but for a high price.
(d) He says it can be done, but he is not sure how.
10. What is Andrei Androfski's profession?
(a) Polish Army General.
(c) Polish Army Captain.
11. With whom is Wolf in love?
(a) Rachel Bronski.
(b) Deborah Bronski.
(c) Gabriela Rak.
(d) No one.
12. Who had Von Epp originally requested that Chris fire?
(a) Everyone working for him.
(b) Simon Eden.
(c) David Zemba.
(d) Ervin Rosenblum.
13. Who is Max Kleperman?
(a) A Jewish politician.
(b) A Nazi soldier.
(c) A Nazi spy.
(d) A Jewish gangster.
14. From where is Christopher Di Monte?
15. How does Horst Von Epp do his job?
(a) He shoots anyone who does not respond to his demands immediately.
(b) He has a few drinks to help his creativity while writing speeches.
(c) He wines and dines foreign journalists.
(d) He tries to match Jews up with jobs as similar to their previous careers as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time Chris De Monti has returned from reporting on the Eastern Front, where is Ervin living?
2. To whom does Paul Bronski turn over all of his estate accounts?
3. Based on Chris' response to Von Epp's invitation for a night of dinner and girls, what does Von Epp assume?
4. What has happened to Paul Bronski in Part 1, Chapter 15?
5. To what position does Franz Koenig appoint Paul Bronski?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)