|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Horst Von Epp invites Chris out for dinner and a night of girls. What is Chris' response?
(a) 'Yes' to dinner, 'no' to the girls.
(b) 'No' to dinner, 'yes' to the girls.
(c) 'Yes' to both.
(d) 'No' to both.
2. When raiding homes in the ghetto, what does the Gestapo make residents do before they are shot?
(a) Dig their own graves.
(b) Shoot someone else.
(c) Renounce their religion.
(d) Beg for mercy.
3. Who is Wolf?
(a) Brandel's oldest son.
(b) A Nazi general in Warsaw.
(c) Franz Koenig's oldest son.
(d) Paul Bronski's oldest son.
4. How is Paul Bronski's living situation different than most other Jews in Warsaw?
(a) He has already been moved by the Nazis, so the worst is over.
(b) He still lives with his family.
(c) He lives in a nice apartment outside of the ghetto.
(d) He lives in an apartment instead of a house.
5. Where do Alex Brandel and Andrei disagree in their discussion at the council meeting in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) Andrei believes Jews must leave Poland, while Brandel believes they should stay and fight for equality.
(b) Brandel believes Jews must leave Poland, while Andrei believes they should stay and fight for equality.
(c) Andrei believes Jews have created their current position by being submissive, while Brandel believes it was inevitable due to German political power.
(d) Brandel believes Jews have created their current position by being submissive, while Andrei believes it was inevitable due to German political power.
6. What is Rabbi Solomon considered to be in Warsaw?
(a) A crazy man who thinks he is a rabbi.
(b) A younger rabbi with a very modern approach to religion.
(c) The religious and political leader of the Jews.
(d) The foremost Jewish scholar and religious leader.
7. In Part 2, Chapter 13, Paul is caught between his wife's beliefs and _____________.
(a) His wife's demands.
(b) Complying with the Nazis' demands.
(c) His son's beliefs.
(d) His mother's demands.
8. A number of the youth at Wework farm avoid deportation due to the efforts of whom?
(a) Gabriela Rak.
(b) Ana Grinspan.
(c) Wolf Brandel.
(d) Deborah Bronski.
9. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 8, what does Chris insist he will have to stop doing in order to avoid additional scrutiny?
(a) Stop carrying German money from the embassy in Russia.
(b) Stop carrying American money from the embassy in Cracow.
(c) Stop carrying Hungarian money from the embassy in Cracow.
(d) Stop carrying German money from the embassy in Hungary.
10. What is unique about the Poles sent for the prisoner exchange?
(a) They are all insane.
(b) They are all amputees.
(c) They are all very ill.
(d) They are already dead.
11. In Part 3, who is the new contact on the Aryan side for Andrei's make-shift army?
(a) Andrei Androfski.
(b) Chris De Monti.
(c) Ana Grinspan.
(d) Gabriela Rak.
12. After Chris De Monti's house and Von Epp's office are bugged, how do they communicate?
(a) On walks or by meeting at churches.
(b) Using Morse code.
(c) Through Jewish runners.
(d) By letters only.
13. In Part 3, Chapter 3, food and supplies are delivered to the Germans in anticipation of whom or what?
(a) A visit from The Red Cross.
(b) The announcement of an upcoming attack from the Jewish resistance.
(c) A visit from Hitler.
(d) An announcement of the end of the war.
14. What is the poor section of Warsaw, to which the Jews have been relegated, called?
(a) The Grotto.
(b) The Ghetto.
(c) The hood.
(d) The slums.
15. What happens at the location to which Andrei escapes in Part 1, Chapter 11?
(a) He gets lost.
(b) He is almost captured by a German soldier.
(c) He is shot at by a German soldier.
(d) He is nursed back to health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Max Kleperman?
2. For what is Paul's wife preparing their son?
3. What does Brandel believe about his journal?
4. Paul Bronski is told he must move out of his home because ______ is(are) moving in.
5. What does Deborah believe has caused Paul's misfortune?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)