|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Franz Koenig and Paul Bronski know each other?
(a) They are colleagues.
(b) They went to school together.
(c) They used to play cards together.
(d) They are friends.
2. To what political party did Chris' father belong on which Chris later reported?
(a) The Socialist Party.
(b) The Republican Party.
(c) The Communist Party.
(d) The Fascist Party.
3. What are Andrei and Chris debating in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(a) The fate of Poland.
(b) Who loves Gabriela more.
(d) How many soldiers the German army has.
4. By the time Chris De Monti has returned from reporting on the Eastern Front, where is Ervin living?
(b) In the ghetto.
(c) No one knows.
5. What is Mila 18?
(a) The name of a ghetto neighborhood.
(b) The address of the Orphanage.
(c) A brand of Jewish bread.
(d) A brand of Jewish coffee.
6. What is Rabbi Solomon considered to be in Warsaw?
(a) A crazy man who thinks he is a rabbi.
(b) The foremost Jewish scholar and religious leader.
(c) The religious and political leader of the Jews.
(d) A younger rabbi with a very modern approach to religion.
7. With whom is Wolf in love?
(a) Rachel Bronski.
(b) No one.
(c) Deborah Bronski.
(d) Gabriela Rak.
8. What terrible thing does Sieghold Stutze make Rabbi Solomon do?
(a) Urinate on the sacred Torah.
(b) Burn the Torah.
(c) Use the Lord's name in vain.
(d) Burn down the Synagogue.
9. What was Chris' father?
(a) An Italian Ambassador.
(b) An Italian Count.
(c) A French Ambassador.
(d) An American businessman.
10. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 8, what does Chris insist he will have to stop doing in order to avoid additional scrutiny?
(a) Stop carrying American money from the embassy in Cracow.
(b) Stop carrying German money from the embassy in Russia.
(c) Stop carrying German money from the embassy in Hungary.
(d) Stop carrying Hungarian money from the embassy in Cracow.
11. What sort of response did Chris' past reports of atrocities receive from the world?
(a) They exposed political scandal, leading to arrest of political leaders.
(b) They caused riots in three cities.
(c) They fell upon deaf ears.
(d) They stirred a public outcry.
12. Paul Bronski is told he must move out of his home because ______ is(are) moving in.
(a) Franz Koenig.
(b) Nazi soldiers.
(c) The Jewish Civil Authority.
(d) Nazi leaders.
13. What does Chris promise Paul, if Paul dies?
(a) He will marry Deborah and adpot Paul's children.
(b) Chris will get Deborah and the children out of Poland.
(c) He will take Paul's body out of Poland.
(d) He will assure Paul is given a proper burial.
14. What is prohibited to Jews in Warsaw?
(a) Food and water.
(b) Alcohol and drugs.
(d) Education and religious practices.
15. What of Paul Bronski's does Dr. Franz Koenig covet?
(a) His political title.
(b) His position at the university.
(c) His fame.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many German-owned factories are in the ghetto?
2. Despite his personal feelings toward Nazi policies, what does Horst Von Epp do?
3. How does Horst Von Epp personally feel about the policies of Nazism?
4. Who is Simon Eden?
5. What is Gabriela's job?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)