|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After all communication with the world is cut off, how does Chris send out his report?
(a) Through evacuating Americans.
(b) He doesn't. He saves them to send out later.
(c) He secretly mails them to a friend in America.
(d) Through Morse code.
2. For what is Paul's wife preparing their son?
(a) His Bar Mitzvah.
(b) To be a Rabbi.
(c) To fight the Nazis.
(d) His parents' death.
3. What has happened to Paul Bronski in Part 1, Chapter 15?
(a) He is very ill.
(b) He has lost a leg.
(c) He has lost an arm.
(d) He goes crazy.
4. What is Andrei Androfski's profession?
(b) Polish Army Captain.
(d) Polish Army General.
5. In Part 3, Chapter 3, food and supplies are delivered to the Germans in anticipation of whom or what?
(a) An announcement of the end of the war.
(b) The announcement of an upcoming attack from the Jewish resistance.
(c) A visit from Hitler.
(d) A visit from The Red Cross.
6. What has happened to the farm at Wework by Part 3 of the novel?
(a) It is struggling to meet the supply need.
(b) Someone has set fire to it.
(c) It has been raided.
(d) It has grown and is producing more food than ever.
7. A number of the youth at Wework farm avoid deportation due to the efforts of whom?
(a) Deborah Bronski.
(b) Wolf Brandel.
(c) Ana Grinspan.
(d) Gabriela Rak.
8. What does Chris promise Paul, if Paul dies?
(a) Chris will get Deborah and the children out of Poland.
(b) He will marry Deborah and adpot Paul's children.
(c) He will take Paul's body out of Poland.
(d) He will assure Paul is given a proper burial.
9. Of what is Horst Von Epp in charge?
(a) Propaganda and press for the Nazis.
(b) Writing speeches for Hitler.
(c) Assigning Jews jobs for the Nazis.
(d) The Nazi army occupying Warsaw.
10. What is Wolf's job in the resistance movement?
(a) He decodes messages.
(b) He records the meeting notes.
(c) He runs the printing press.
(d) He is a runner.
11. In what condition does Gabriela find Andrei and Chris in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(b) Very ill.
12. Who is Simon Eden?
(a) Director of the American Relief Society
(b) Deborah's brother.
(c) The labor Zionist leader.
(d) A pianist and member of the Jewish Council.
13. How does the relationship between Wolf and Rachel change in Part 2, Chapter 21?
(a) They admit they love other people.
(b) They get in a fight and stop talking.
(c) They admit they think of each other as best friends.
(d) They admit their love for one another.
14. What happens to Rabbi Solomon's synagogue?
(a) It is converted into a Nazi headquarters.
(b) It is closed down.
(c) It is converted into an orphanage.
(d) It is burned down.
15. What does Solomon counsel Brandel to do in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Gather church followers and train them to fight in the name of God.
(b) Have faith and remain a good Jew.
(c) Ask God for strength to fight the enemy.
(d) Treat others - even the Germans - how he wants to be treated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is prohibited to Jews in Warsaw?
2. What is Rudolph Schreiker's official title?
3. How is Paul Bronski's living situation different than most other Jews in Warsaw?
4. What terrible thing does Sieghold Stutze make Rabbi Solomon do?
5. To what political party did Chris' father belong on which Chris later reported?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)