|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 8, what does Chris insist he will have to stop doing in order to avoid additional scrutiny?
(a) Stop carrying German money from the embassy in Russia.
(b) Stop carrying Hungarian money from the embassy in Cracow.
(c) Stop carrying German money from the embassy in Hungary.
(d) Stop carrying American money from the embassy in Cracow.
2. What is the first thing Schreiker requires the Jewish Civil Authority to do?
(a) Salute the Nazi flag.
(b) Register all Jews within Warsaw.
(c) Profess a love for Hitler.
(d) Vote on new execution methods.
3. How much money does it take to secure Wolf's release after he is caught while on assignment for the resistance movement?
4. What is Mila 18?
(a) The name of a ghetto neighborhood.
(b) The address of the Orphanage.
(c) A brand of Jewish coffee.
(d) A brand of Jewish bread.
5. Where does Paul Bronski want his estate accounts taken in order to be turned into other currencies and investments?
(c) South Africa.
6. When all Jewish organization are outlawed, what happens to the Bathyrans?
(a) They ignore the ban and continue meeting as usual.
(b) They go underground.
(c) They disband.
(d) They separate into smaller factions.
7. After Chris De Monti's house and Von Epp's office are bugged, how do they communicate?
(a) By letters only.
(b) Using Morse code.
(c) On walks or by meeting at churches.
(d) Through Jewish runners.
8. Despite his personal feelings toward Nazi policies, what does Horst Von Epp do?
(a) Teaches the policies to children.
(b) Refuses to implement them when Nazis are not around.
(c) Refuses to harm Jewish people.
(d) Accepts them for personal gain.
9. What does Deborah believe has caused Paul's misfortune?
(a) Her love affair with Chris.
(b) Paul's deviance from his religion.
(c) Paul's tendency to fight without planning.
(d) She is unsure what he has done to deserve it.
10. What is Christopher Di Monte's profession?
(c) News Anchor.
11. When Ervin calls at the end of Part 1, Chapter 9, what news does he have?
(a) German troops are retreating.
(b) German troops are regrouping and it is unclear what they will do next.
(c) German troops are beginning to invade Poland.
(d) German troops are beginning to invade Russia.
12. What is Rudolph Schreiker's official title?
(a) Nazi Sergeant of Warsaw.
(b) Nazi Commandant of Warsaw.
(c) Nazi Regulator of Warsaw.
(d) Nazi General of Warsaw.
13. To what position does Franz Koenig appoint Paul Bronski?
(a) President of the Jewish Civil Authority.
(b) Koenig's personal assistant.
(c) Secretary of the Jewish Council.
(d) Deputy of the Jewish Civil Authority.
14. What sort of response did Chris' past reports of atrocities receive from the world?
(a) They exposed political scandal, leading to arrest of political leaders.
(b) They caused riots in three cities.
(c) They stirred a public outcry.
(d) They fell upon deaf ears.
15. How does Franz Koenig feel about the recent events in Part Two, Chapter 1?
(a) He is unsure how to feel about everything.
(b) He is very worried about Paul.
(c) He his happy about Paul's misfortune.
(d) He is terrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing Andrei and Wolf's resistance movement has set up by Part 2, Chapter 22?
2. Where does Gabriela wait each night in hopes of Andrei returning to Warsaw?
3. By the time Chris De Monti has returned from reporting on the Eastern Front, where is Ervin living?
4. Who leaves out of anger after Chris and Andrei argue over Zionism in Part One, Chapter 5?
5. From where is Hitler sending more Jews into the ghetto, causing overcrowding?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)