|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why will Andrei not marry Gabriela?
(a) He wants to wait until the country is calmer so they can have a proper wedding.
(b) If Germany defeats Poland, having a radical Jewish husband will not be good for her.
(c) He doesn't believe that she really loves him.
(d) He doesn't really love her.
2. What does Solomon have to say about Jewish persecution?
(a) Jews have always been persecuted, and always will be.
(b) He refuses to comment on Jewish persecution.
(c) Jews have been persecuted enough in the past; it is not time to fight back.
(d) Jews were persecuted in the past to pay for the world's sins.
3. What is Dr. Paul Bronski professional title at the beginning of the book?
(a) Dean of the College of Sciences.
(b) Dean of the College of Fine Arts.
(c) Dean of the College of Mathematics.
(d) Dean of the College of Medicine.
4. When all Jewish organization are outlawed, what happens to the Bathyrans?
(a) They disband.
(b) They separate into smaller factions.
(c) They go underground.
(d) They ignore the ban and continue meeting as usual.
5. What is Paul's son's name?
(a) Paul Jr.
6. What has happened to the farm at Wework by Part 3 of the novel?
(a) It is struggling to meet the supply need.
(b) Someone has set fire to it.
(c) It has grown and is producing more food than ever.
(d) It has been raided.
7. What is one thing Andrei and Wolf's resistance movement has set up by Part 2, Chapter 22?
(a) An attack date.
(b) An attack strategy.
(c) A meeting place.
(d) Radio operations.
8. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 8, what does Chris insist he will have to stop doing in order to avoid additional scrutiny?
(a) Stop carrying Hungarian money from the embassy in Cracow.
(b) Stop carrying German money from the embassy in Russia.
(c) Stop carrying German money from the embassy in Hungary.
(d) Stop carrying American money from the embassy in Cracow.
9. To whom does Paul Bronski turn over all of his estate accounts?
(a) Franz Koenig.
(c) Andrei Androfski.
(d) Chris Di Monte.
10. What is Ervin Rosenblum's profession?
(d) He is unemployed.
11. What is prohibited to Jews in Warsaw?
(a) Education and religious practices.
(b) Food and water.
(c) Alcohol and drugs.
12. With whom is Wolf in love?
(a) Deborah Bronski.
(b) No one.
(c) Rachel Bronski.
(d) Gabriela Rak.
13. What physical feature primarily helps Andrei pass as an Aryan?
(a) Blonde hair.
(b) Large feet.
(d) Grey eyes.
14. There is pressure on Chris to close the news agency, but he will not ____________.
(a) Stop reporting the atrocities.
(b) Sacrifice his career.
(c) Be bullied into it.
(d) Leave Deborah.
15. How does Andrei provide Gabriela with an opportunity to escape Poland?
(a) He gets her an American passport.
(b) He gets her an Australian passport.
(c) He arranges for her to be sneaked in to Lithuania.
(d) He arranges for her to be sneaked in to Hungary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Horst Von Epp invites Chris out for dinner and a night of girls. What is Chris' response?
2. What has happened to Paul Bronski in Part 1, Chapter 15?
3. What is Christopher Di Monte's profession?
4. Who is Max Kleperman?
5. What sort of response did Chris' past reports of atrocities receive from the world?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)