|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what political party did Chris' father belong on which Chris later reported?
(a) The Socialist Party.
(b) The Fascist Party.
(c) The Republican Party.
(d) The Communist Party.
2. Where does Gabriela work?
(a) The American Embassy in Warsaw.
(b) The University of Warsaw.
(c) The University of Cracow.
(d) At a restaurant.
3. What is the relationship between Chris and Deborah?
(a) They are friends.
(b) They work together.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are engaged in a love affair.
4. Who is Simon Eden?
(a) Director of the American Relief Society
(b) A pianist and member of the Jewish Council.
(c) The labor Zionist leader.
(d) Deborah's brother.
5. What of Paul Bronski's does Dr. Franz Koenig covet?
(a) His wife.
(b) His political title.
(c) His fame.
(d) His position at the university.
6. What is prohibited to Jews in Warsaw?
(a) Education and religious practices.
(c) Food and water.
(d) Alcohol and drugs.
7. What happens to Rabbi Solomon's synagogue?
(a) It is closed down.
(b) It is converted into a Nazi headquarters.
(c) It is converted into an orphanage.
(d) It is burned down.
8. For what is Paul's wife preparing their son?
(a) To fight the Nazis.
(b) To be a Rabbi.
(c) His parents' death.
(d) His Bar Mitzvah.
9. Where does Gabriela wait each night in hopes of Andrei returning to Warsaw?
(a) Andrei's apartment.
(b) Her room.
(c) The edge of town.
(d) An underground bunker.
10. Where does Paul Bronski want his estate accounts taken in order to be turned into other currencies and investments?
(d) South Africa.
11. Where is Franz Koenig's new office?
(a) In the synagogue.
(b) In City Hall.
(c) In the Embassy.
(d) In his home.
12. A number of the youth at Wework farm avoid deportation due to the efforts of whom?
(a) Wolf Brandel.
(b) Gabriela Rak.
(c) Deborah Bronski.
(d) Ana Grinspan.
13. How is Paul Bronski's living situation different than most other Jews in Warsaw?
(a) He lives in a nice apartment outside of the ghetto.
(b) He lives in an apartment instead of a house.
(c) He still lives with his family.
(d) He has already been moved by the Nazis, so the worst is over.
14. What is the first thing Schreiker requires the Jewish Civil Authority to do?
(a) Register all Jews within Warsaw.
(b) Vote on new execution methods.
(c) Profess a love for Hitler.
(d) Salute the Nazi flag.
15. When raiding homes in the ghetto, what does the Gestapo make residents do before they are shot?
(a) Dig their own graves.
(b) Shoot someone else.
(c) Beg for mercy.
(d) Renounce their religion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Solomon counsel Brandel to do in Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. Who is Wolf?
3. What is Dr. Paul Bronski professional title at the beginning of the book?
4. Who is David Zemba?
5. Of what does Gabriela accuse the Archbishop of Warsaw?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)