|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brandel decide to move his wife and children?
(a) To avoid having to move later when the Nazis take over his house.
(b) To set them up for escape later.
(c) To bring them closer to food stores.
(d) To be closer to Bathyran's operations.
2. Who is trying to unify the many Jewish factions in an all out attempt to resist Nazi restrictions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Alex Brandel.
(b) Paul Bronski.
(c) Franz Koenig.
3. What is Andrei Androfski's profession?
(a) Polish Army Captain.
(d) Polish Army General.
4. With whom is Wolf in love?
(a) No one.
(b) Deborah Bronski.
(c) Gabriela Rak.
(d) Rachel Bronski.
5. Where is Franz Koenig's new office?
(a) In City Hall.
(b) In the Embassy.
(c) In his home.
(d) In the synagogue.
6. Who is Wolf?
(a) Franz Koenig's oldest son.
(b) Paul Bronski's oldest son.
(c) A Nazi general in Warsaw.
(d) Brandel's oldest son.
7. There is pressure on Chris to close the news agency, but he will not ____________.
(a) Be bullied into it.
(b) Sacrifice his career.
(c) Leave Deborah.
(d) Stop reporting the atrocities.
8. What does Deborah believe has caused Paul's misfortune?
(a) She is unsure what he has done to deserve it.
(b) Her love affair with Chris.
(c) Paul's deviance from his religion.
(d) Paul's tendency to fight without planning.
9. In Part 3, who is the new contact on the Aryan side for Andrei's make-shift army?
(a) Chris De Monti.
(b) Gabriela Rak.
(c) Ana Grinspan.
(d) Andrei Androfski.
10. What is Paul's son's name?
(d) Paul Jr.
11. What does Solomon counsel Brandel to do in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Gather church followers and train them to fight in the name of God.
(b) Treat others - even the Germans - how he wants to be treated.
(c) Ask God for strength to fight the enemy.
(d) Have faith and remain a good Jew.
12. What is one thing Andrei and Wolf's resistance movement has set up by Part 2, Chapter 22?
(a) An attack strategy.
(b) Radio operations.
(c) An attack date.
(d) A meeting place.
13. What happens at the location to which Andrei escapes in Part 1, Chapter 11?
(a) He is shot at by a German soldier.
(b) He is almost captured by a German soldier.
(c) He gets lost.
(d) He is nursed back to health.
14. For what is Paul's wife preparing their son?
(a) To fight the Nazis.
(b) His Bar Mitzvah.
(c) To be a Rabbi.
(d) His parents' death.
15. What does Andrei primarily need for the resistance movement he wants to start?
(c) Moral support.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to the farm at Wework by Part 3 of the novel?
2. What does Brandel believe about his journal?
3. Although he is convinced to stay in Warsaw, where does Andrei want to take 50 of his best men to obtain arms and focus on disrupting German supplies?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 13, Paul is caught between his wife's beliefs and _____________.
5. In Part 3, Chapter 3, food and supplies are delivered to the Germans in anticipation of whom or what?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)