|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many steps are there to Simon Eden, Emanuel Goldman, and David Zemba's plan?
2. With what does Brandel trust Solomon?
(a) The location of his underground bunker.
(b) The secret of his journals.
(c) An old family secret.
(d) The confession of a crime.
3. What has happened to the farm at Wework by Part 3 of the novel?
(a) Someone has set fire to it.
(b) It is struggling to meet the supply need.
(c) It has been raided.
(d) It has grown and is producing more food than ever.
4. What was Chris' father?
(a) An Italian Count.
(b) An Italian Ambassador.
(c) A French Ambassador.
(d) An American businessman.
5. In Part 3, Chapter 3, food and supplies are delivered to the Germans in anticipation of whom or what?
(a) A visit from Hitler.
(b) An announcement of the end of the war.
(c) The announcement of an upcoming attack from the Jewish resistance.
(d) A visit from The Red Cross.
6. What happens to Rabbi Solomon's synagogue?
(a) It is closed down.
(b) It is converted into a Nazi headquarters.
(c) It is burned down.
(d) It is converted into an orphanage.
7. A number of the youth at Wework farm avoid deportation due to the efforts of whom?
(a) Wolf Brandel.
(b) Ana Grinspan.
(c) Deborah Bronski.
(d) Gabriela Rak.
8. Where does Paul Bronski want his estate accounts taken in order to be turned into other currencies and investments?
(c) South Africa.
9. Who is Wolf?
(a) Brandel's oldest son.
(b) Franz Koenig's oldest son.
(c) A Nazi general in Warsaw.
(d) Paul Bronski's oldest son.
10. How does Franz Koenig feel about the recent events in Part Two, Chapter 1?
(a) He his happy about Paul's misfortune.
(b) He is very worried about Paul.
(c) He is terrified.
(d) He is unsure how to feel about everything.
11. From where is Hitler sending more Jews into the ghetto, causing overcrowding?
(a) Germany and Hungary.
(b) Germany and Austria.
(c) Hungary and Austria.
(d) Russia and Austria.
12. What is Rabbi Solomon able to obtain from Max Kleperman?
(a) Protection from the Nazis.
(b) Property and cash.
(d) Information on the Nazis.
13. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 8, what does Chris insist he will have to stop doing in order to avoid additional scrutiny?
(a) Stop carrying American money from the embassy in Cracow.
(b) Stop carrying German money from the embassy in Hungary.
(c) Stop carrying German money from the embassy in Russia.
(d) Stop carrying Hungarian money from the embassy in Cracow.
14. Germans agreed to a prisoner exchange of _____ Pole(s) for _____ German(s).
15. Despite his personal feelings toward Nazi policies, what does Horst Von Epp do?
(a) Refuses to harm Jewish people.
(b) Teaches the policies to children.
(c) Accepts them for personal gain.
(d) Refuses to implement them when Nazis are not around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in Part 2, Chapter 17, when all Warsaw Jews are in the ghetto?
2. What does Chris promise Paul, if Paul dies?
3. What is Gabriela's relationship to Andrei?
4. What terrible thing does Sieghold Stutze make Rabbi Solomon do?
5. By the time Chris De Monti has returned from reporting on the Eastern Front, where is Ervin living?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)