|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brandel decide to more his wife and children in Part 2, Chapter 12?
(b) The orphanage.
(c) An apartment.
(d) An underground bunker.
2. From where is Christopher Di Monte?
3. From where is Hitler sending more Jews into the ghetto, causing overcrowding?
(a) Hungary and Austria.
(b) Germany and Hungary.
(c) Germany and Austria.
(d) Russia and Austria.
4. Part Two, Chapter 1 begins with a ________ by Brandel.
(a) Journal entry.
5. What is Andrei Androfski's profession?
(a) Polish Army Captain.
(b) Polish Army General.
6. What is one thing Andrei and Wolf's resistance movement has set up by Part 2, Chapter 22?
(a) An attack date.
(b) An attack strategy.
(c) Radio operations.
(d) A meeting place.
7. What does Deborah worry will happen, due to her relationship with Chris?
(a) Their 'sin' will be punished by God.
(b) He will lose his job.
(c) Her father will be mad.
(d) He will be targeted more strongly by the Nazis.
8. Why will Andrei not marry Gabriela?
(a) If Germany defeats Poland, having a radical Jewish husband will not be good for her.
(b) He doesn't really love her.
(c) He doesn't believe that she really loves him.
(d) He wants to wait until the country is calmer so they can have a proper wedding.
9. Why does Brandel decide to move his wife and children?
(a) To set them up for escape later.
(b) To avoid having to move later when the Nazis take over his house.
(c) To bring them closer to food stores.
(d) To be closer to Bathyran's operations.
10. What is the poor section of Warsaw, to which the Jews have been relegated, called?
(a) The slums.
(b) The hood.
(c) The Ghetto.
(d) The Grotto.
11. Where did Chris attend journalism school?
(a) Columbia University.
(d) Loma Linda.
12. What happens at the location to which Andrei escapes in Part 1, Chapter 11?
(a) He is shot at by a German soldier.
(b) He is nursed back to health.
(c) He is almost captured by a German soldier.
(d) He gets lost.
13. What does Deborah believe has caused Paul's misfortune?
(a) She is unsure what he has done to deserve it.
(b) Her love affair with Chris.
(c) Paul's tendency to fight without planning.
(d) Paul's deviance from his religion.
14. What is Dr. Paul Bronski professional title at the beginning of the book?
(a) Dean of the College of Fine Arts.
(b) Dean of the College of Medicine.
(c) Dean of the College of Sciences.
(d) Dean of the College of Mathematics.
15. After all communication with the world is cut off, how does Chris send out his report?
(a) Through evacuating Americans.
(b) Through Morse code.
(c) He doesn't. He saves them to send out later.
(d) He secretly mails them to a friend in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what does Paul's wife insist?
2. Despite his personal feelings toward Nazi policies, what does Horst Von Epp do?
3. In Part 3, who is the new contact on the Aryan side for Andrei's make-shift army?
4. Based on Chris' response to Von Epp's invitation for a night of dinner and girls, what does Von Epp assume?
5. What is the relationship between Chris and Deborah?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)