|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Paul Bronski turn over all of his estate accounts?
(a) Chris Di Monte.
(b) Franz Koenig.
(c) Andrei Androfski.
2. What terrible thing does Sieghold Stutze make Rabbi Solomon do?
(a) Burn the Torah.
(b) Burn down the Synagogue.
(c) Use the Lord's name in vain.
(d) Urinate on the sacred Torah.
3. What is Christopher Di Monte's profession?
(b) News Anchor.
4. How many German-owned factories are in the ghetto?
5. What does Solomon have to say about Jewish persecution?
(a) Jews have always been persecuted, and always will be.
(b) He refuses to comment on Jewish persecution.
(c) Jews have been persecuted enough in the past; it is not time to fight back.
(d) Jews were persecuted in the past to pay for the world's sins.
6. What is Rabbi Solomon considered to be in Warsaw?
(a) The foremost Jewish scholar and religious leader.
(b) A crazy man who thinks he is a rabbi.
(c) The religious and political leader of the Jews.
(d) A younger rabbi with a very modern approach to religion.
7. What is Ervin Rosenblum's profession?
(d) He is unemployed.
8. Where does Gabriela wait each night in hopes of Andrei returning to Warsaw?
(a) Her room.
(b) The edge of town.
(c) An underground bunker.
(d) Andrei's apartment.
9. What is Rudolph Schreiker's official title?
(a) Nazi Commandant of Warsaw.
(b) Nazi Regulator of Warsaw.
(c) Nazi General of Warsaw.
(d) Nazi Sergeant of Warsaw.
10. When all Jewish organization are outlawed, what happens to the Bathyrans?
(a) They go underground.
(b) They ignore the ban and continue meeting as usual.
(c) They separate into smaller factions.
(d) They disband.
11. What is the name of the council meeting under the direction of Alex Brandel?
(a) The Bathyran Council.
(b) The Babylon Council.
(c) The Zionist Council.
(d) The Bethleham Council.
12. Who purchases "Aryan Papers"?
(a) Wealthier Jews living as non-Jews.
(b) American immigrants to Germany.
(c) Russian immigrants to Germany.
(d) Jews who have escaped the ghetto and are trying to pass as non-Jews.
13. Why does Brandel decide to move his wife and children?
(a) To avoid having to move later when the Nazis take over his house.
(b) To set them up for escape later.
(c) To be closer to Bathyran's operations.
(d) To bring them closer to food stores.
14. Horst Von Epp invites Chris out for dinner and a night of girls. What is Chris' response?
(a) 'No' to both.
(b) 'Yes' to both.
(c) 'Yes' to dinner, 'no' to the girls.
(d) 'No' to dinner, 'yes' to the girls.
15. In what condition does Gabriela find Andrei and Chris in Part 1, Chapter 7?
(d) Very ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the general Jewish response to the horrors in Part 2, Chapter 22-24?
2. In Part 3, who is the new contact on the Aryan side for Andrei's make-shift army?
3. What are Andrei and Chris debating in Part 1, Chapter 7?
4. A number of the youth at Wework farm avoid deportation due to the efforts of whom?
5. What is Rabbi Solomon able to obtain from Max Kleperman?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)