|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Paul Bronski's living situation different than most other Jews in Warsaw?
(a) He lives in an apartment instead of a house.
(b) He lives in a nice apartment outside of the ghetto.
(c) He still lives with his family.
(d) He has already been moved by the Nazis, so the worst is over.
2. What does Deborah worry will happen, due to her relationship with Chris?
(a) Her father will be mad.
(b) He will lose his job.
(c) He will be targeted more strongly by the Nazis.
(d) Their 'sin' will be punished by God.
3. What happens to Rabbi Solomon's synagogue?
(a) It is converted into an orphanage.
(b) It is burned down.
(c) It is converted into a Nazi headquarters.
(d) It is closed down.
4. Why does Brandel decide to move his wife and children?
(a) To be closer to Bathyran's operations.
(b) To avoid having to move later when the Nazis take over his house.
(c) To bring them closer to food stores.
(d) To set them up for escape later.
5. Of what does Gabriela accuse the Archbishop of Warsaw?
(a) Stealing food and water from his brethren.
(b) Speaking blasphemy.
(c) Stealing money from his brethren.
(d) Defiling the meaning of Christianity.
6. What is the poor section of Warsaw, to which the Jews have been relegated, called?
(a) The Ghetto.
(b) The hood.
(c) The slums.
(d) The Grotto.
7. Paul Bronski is told he must move out of his home because ______ is(are) moving in.
(a) Nazi leaders.
(b) Nazi soldiers.
(c) The Jewish Civil Authority.
(d) Franz Koenig.
8. What skill earns Gabriela her job?
(a) Nothing. Her father is rich and bribes her way into the position.
(b) The ability to speak several languages.
(c) Her extensive knowledge of surrounding countries.
(d) Her extensive cooking skills.
9. By whom is Wolf caught while on assignment for the resistance movement?
(a) Rabbi Solomon.
(b) Two Nazi generals.
(c) The Gestapo.
(d) Horst Von Epp.
10. Who is Emanuel Goldman?
(a) Deborah's brother.
(b) The labor Zionist leader.
(c) A pianist and member of the Jewish Council.
(d) Director of the American Relief Society
11. What is the general Jewish response to the horrors in Part 2, Chapter 22-24?
(a) Fear and silence.
(b) Multiple organized resistance movements.
(c) Increase in suicides.
(d) Fear and outrage.
12. What is the name of the council meeting under the direction of Alex Brandel?
(a) The Zionist Council.
(b) The Babylon Council.
(c) The Bathyran Council.
(d) The Bethleham Council.
13. Where does Paul Bronski want his estate accounts taken in order to be turned into other currencies and investments?
(c) South Africa.
14. What is unique about the Poles sent for the prisoner exchange?
(a) They are all very ill.
(b) They are all amputees.
(c) They are already dead.
(d) They are all insane.
15. Andrei visits Paul Bronski in Part 2, Chapter 4 and tries to convince him of what?
(a) That Bronski should find an underground bunker to join.
(b) That Bronski is a target for the Nazis.
(c) That he should give financial backing to Bathyrans.
(d) That the Nazis have far worse plans for the Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Andrei and Chris debating in Part 1, Chapter 7?
2. Where does Gabriela work?
3. What does Solomon counsel Brandel to do in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. What does Koenig ask Max Kleperman to do?
5. What is one thing Andrei and Wolf's resistance movement has set up by Part 2, Chapter 22?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)