|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had Von Epp originally requested that Chris fire?
(a) David Zemba.
(b) Everyone working for him.
(c) Simon Eden.
(d) Ervin Rosenblum.
2. What does Andrei primarily need for the resistance movement he wants to start?
(b) Moral support.
3. How does Horst Von Epp personally feel about the policies of Nazism?
(a) He feels they are hypocritical.
(b) He is averse to them.
(c) He supports only some.
(d) He supports them fully.
4. Who is Wolf?
(a) Franz Koenig's oldest son.
(b) Paul Bronski's oldest son.
(c) Brandel's oldest son.
(d) A Nazi general in Warsaw.
5. In Part 3, Chapter 3, food and supplies are delivered to the Germans in anticipation of whom or what?
(a) A visit from The Red Cross.
(b) The announcement of an upcoming attack from the Jewish resistance.
(c) An announcement of the end of the war.
(d) A visit from Hitler.
6. After Chris De Monti's house and Von Epp's office are bugged, how do they communicate?
(a) On walks or by meeting at churches.
(b) By letters only.
(c) Through Jewish runners.
(d) Using Morse code.
7. What has happened to the farm at Wework by Part 3 of the novel?
(a) It has grown and is producing more food than ever.
(b) Someone has set fire to it.
(c) It is struggling to meet the supply need.
(d) It has been raided.
8. What does Brandel believe about his journal?
(a) It will be burned when he is done.
(b) It will get him in trouble.
(c) It may someday help his people.
(d) It will never be read.
9. What is the relationship between Chris and Deborah?
(a) They work together.
(b) They are engaged in a love affair.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are friends.
10. What does the plan that Simon Eden, Emanuel Goldman, and David Zemba devise ultimately achieve?
(a) Escape for 3,000 Jews.
(b) Escape for 4,000 Jews.
(c) An alibi for Brandel's plan.
(d) Money and operational centers for Brandel.
11. Where does Gabriela wait each night in hopes of Andrei returning to Warsaw?
(a) Andrei's apartment.
(b) The edge of town.
(c) An underground bunker.
(d) Her room.
12. To whom does Paul Bronski turn over all of his estate accounts?
(a) Andrei Androfski.
(b) Chris Di Monte.
(c) Franz Koenig.
13. Where does Wolf Brandel work?
(a) As an inside spy for the Nazis in Warsaw.
(b) As a hit man for Max Kleperman.
(c) On a farm which supplies food to the Jewish ghetto.
(d) At the synagogue as an apprentice to Rabbi Solomon.
14. What sort of response did Chris' past reports of atrocities receive from the world?
(a) They fell upon deaf ears.
(b) They stirred a public outcry.
(c) They exposed political scandal, leading to arrest of political leaders.
(d) They caused riots in three cities.
15. What has happened to Paul Bronski in Part 1, Chapter 15?
(a) He has lost a leg.
(b) He is very ill.
(c) He goes crazy.
(d) He has lost an arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. When all Jewish organization are outlawed, what happens to the Bathyrans?
2. What terrible thing does Sieghold Stutze make Rabbi Solomon do?
3. What is unique about the Poles sent for the prisoner exchange?
4. By whom is Wolf caught while on assignment for the resistance movement?
5. Although he is convinced to stay in Warsaw, where does Andrei want to take 50 of his best men to obtain arms and focus on disrupting German supplies?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)