|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where is Hitler sending more Jews into the ghetto, causing overcrowding?
(a) Hungary and Austria.
(b) Germany and Austria.
(c) Russia and Austria.
(d) Germany and Hungary.
2. Who is Simon Eden?
(a) A pianist and member of the Jewish Council.
(b) Deborah's brother.
(c) Director of the American Relief Society
(d) The labor Zionist leader.
3. After all communication with the world is cut off, how does Chris send out his report?
(a) He secretly mails them to a friend in America.
(b) Through evacuating Americans.
(c) He doesn't. He saves them to send out later.
(d) Through Morse code.
4. What is Andrei Androfski's profession?
(a) Polish Army General.
(c) Polish Army Captain.
5. Between what did the German bombs not discriminate?
(a) Military and civilian targets.
(b) Houses and churches.
(c) Children and soldiers.
(d) Women and soldiers.
6. Where do Alex Brandel and Andrei disagree in their discussion at the council meeting in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) Brandel believes Jews have created their current position by being submissive, while Andrei believes it was inevitable due to German political power.
(b) Andrei believes Jews must leave Poland, while Brandel believes they should stay and fight for equality.
(c) Andrei believes Jews have created their current position by being submissive, while Brandel believes it was inevitable due to German political power.
(d) Brandel believes Jews must leave Poland, while Andrei believes they should stay and fight for equality.
7. What is Dr. Paul Bronski professional title at the beginning of the book?
(a) Dean of the College of Medicine.
(b) Dean of the College of Mathematics.
(c) Dean of the College of Sciences.
(d) Dean of the College of Fine Arts.
8. Horst Von Epp invites Chris out for dinner and a night of girls. What is Chris' response?
(a) 'Yes' to both.
(b) 'Yes' to dinner, 'no' to the girls.
(c) 'No' to dinner, 'yes' to the girls.
(d) 'No' to both.
9. What terrible thing does Sieghold Stutze make Rabbi Solomon do?
(a) Urinate on the sacred Torah.
(b) Use the Lord's name in vain.
(c) Burn the Torah.
(d) Burn down the Synagogue.
10. Who is trying to unify the many Jewish factions in an all out attempt to resist Nazi restrictions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Alex Brandel.
(b) Paul Bronski.
(c) Franz Koenig.
11. What happens to Rabbi Solomon's synagogue?
(a) It is closed down.
(b) It is converted into a Nazi headquarters.
(c) It is converted into an orphanage.
(d) It is burned down.
12. What does Deborah believe has caused Paul's misfortune?
(a) Paul's tendency to fight without planning.
(b) Paul's deviance from his religion.
(c) She is unsure what he has done to deserve it.
(d) Her love affair with Chris.
13. What does Koenig ask Max Kleperman to do?
(a) Block all food supplies to the Jewish ghetto.
(b) Organize a mass murder of the Jews in the ghetto.
(c) Act as a body guard to Nazi officials in Warsaw.
(d) Organize the building of a 10 foot tall fence around the Jewish Ghetto.
14. By whom is Wolf caught while on assignment for the resistance movement?
(a) The Gestapo.
(b) Rabbi Solomon.
(c) Two Nazi generals.
(d) Horst Von Epp.
15. Paul Bronski is told he must move out of his home because ______ is(are) moving in.
(a) Nazi soldiers.
(b) Nazi leaders.
(c) Franz Koenig.
(d) The Jewish Civil Authority.
Short Answer Questions
1. Andrei visits Paul Bronski in Part 2, Chapter 4 and tries to convince him of what?
2. To what position does Franz Koenig appoint Paul Bronski?
3. What do Deborah, Brandel, and others do in preparation for total German occupation?
4. A number of the youth at Wework farm avoid deportation due to the efforts of whom?
5. For what is Paul's wife preparing their son?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)