|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Wolf?
(a) Brandel's oldest son.
(b) A Nazi general in Warsaw.
(c) Franz Koenig's oldest son.
(d) Paul Bronski's oldest son.
2. How does Franz Koenig feel about the recent events in Part Two, Chapter 1?
(a) He his happy about Paul's misfortune.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is unsure how to feel about everything.
(d) He is very worried about Paul.
3. What is prohibited to Jews in Warsaw?
(a) Education and religious practices.
(b) Food and water.
(d) Alcohol and drugs.
4. What does Solomon counsel Brandel to do in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Have faith and remain a good Jew.
(b) Gather church followers and train them to fight in the name of God.
(c) Ask God for strength to fight the enemy.
(d) Treat others - even the Germans - how he wants to be treated.
5. What is Rabbi Solomon considered to be in Warsaw?
(a) The religious and political leader of the Jews.
(b) A younger rabbi with a very modern approach to religion.
(c) A crazy man who thinks he is a rabbi.
(d) The foremost Jewish scholar and religious leader.
6. Of what does Gabriela accuse the Archbishop of Warsaw?
(a) Stealing food and water from his brethren.
(b) Stealing money from his brethren.
(c) Defiling the meaning of Christianity.
(d) Speaking blasphemy.
7. When Ervin calls at the end of Part 1, Chapter 9, what news does he have?
(a) German troops are beginning to invade Poland.
(b) German troops are beginning to invade Russia.
(c) German troops are retreating.
(d) German troops are regrouping and it is unclear what they will do next.
8. What do Deborah, Brandel, and others do in preparation for total German occupation?
(a) Bury their valuables so the German soliers will not find them.
(b) Pack their belongings in preparation to leave in the night.
(c) Stock an underground bunker with supplies.
(d) Sew valuables into the lining of their clothing to hide them.
9. What does Solomon have to say about Jewish persecution?
(a) He refuses to comment on Jewish persecution.
(b) Jews have been persecuted enough in the past; it is not time to fight back.
(c) Jews have always been persecuted, and always will be.
(d) Jews were persecuted in the past to pay for the world's sins.
10. Where did Chris attend journalism school?
(c) Columbia University.
(d) Loma Linda.
11. Where does Paul Bronski want his estate accounts taken in order to be turned into other currencies and investments?
(b) South Africa.
12. Upon what does Paul's wife insist?
(a) Adhering to the Nazi's demands.
(b) Having another child.
(c) Their faithful practice of Judaism.
13. Why will Andrei not marry Gabriela?
(a) He doesn't really love her.
(b) He wants to wait until the country is calmer so they can have a proper wedding.
(c) If Germany defeats Poland, having a radical Jewish husband will not be good for her.
(d) He doesn't believe that she really loves him.
14. Who had Von Epp originally requested that Chris fire?
(a) David Zemba.
(b) Ervin Rosenblum.
(c) Simon Eden.
(d) Everyone working for him.
15. Where is Christopher Di Monte living when the book opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris promise Paul, if Paul dies?
2. Despite his personal feelings toward Nazi policies, what does Horst Von Epp do?
3. What physical feature primarily helps Andrei pass as an Aryan?
4. How is Paul Bronski's living situation different than most other Jews in Warsaw?
5. What does Andrei primarily need for the resistance movement he wants to start?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)