|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 8, what does Chris insist he will have to stop doing in order to avoid additional scrutiny?
(a) Stop carrying German money from the embassy in Russia.
(b) Stop carrying German money from the embassy in Hungary.
(c) Stop carrying Hungarian money from the embassy in Cracow.
(d) Stop carrying American money from the embassy in Cracow.
2. What is the general Jewish response to the horrors in Part 2, Chapter 22-24?
(a) Multiple organized resistance movements.
(b) Increase in suicides.
(c) Fear and silence.
(d) Fear and outrage.
3. What happens at the location to which Andrei escapes in Part 1, Chapter 11?
(a) He is shot at by a German soldier.
(b) He gets lost.
(c) He is almost captured by a German soldier.
(d) He is nursed back to health.
4. In Part 2, Chapter 21, what is Rachel providing for the children of the orphanage?
(a) Organized play-time.
(b) A reading program.
(c) Story-telling time.
(d) A music program.
5. Of what is Horst Von Epp in charge?
(a) Writing speeches for Hitler.
(b) The Nazi army occupying Warsaw.
(c) Assigning Jews jobs for the Nazis.
(d) Propaganda and press for the Nazis.
6. What is prohibited to Jews in Warsaw?
(a) Alcohol and drugs.
(b) Education and religious practices.
(d) Food and water.
7. Who leaves out of anger after Chris and Andrei argue over Zionism in Part One, Chapter 5?
8. Andrei visits Paul Bronski in Part 2, Chapter 4 and tries to convince him of what?
(a) That Bronski is a target for the Nazis.
(b) That he should give financial backing to Bathyrans.
(c) That the Nazis have far worse plans for the Jews.
(d) That Bronski should find an underground bunker to join.
9. Who purchases "Aryan Papers"?
(a) Jews who have escaped the ghetto and are trying to pass as non-Jews.
(b) American immigrants to Germany.
(c) Wealthier Jews living as non-Jews.
(d) Russian immigrants to Germany.
10. What does Andrei primarily need for the resistance movement he wants to start?
(c) Moral support.
11. Where is Christopher Di Monte living when the book opens?
12. When raiding homes in the ghetto, what does the Gestapo make residents do before they are shot?
(a) Renounce their religion.
(b) Beg for mercy.
(c) Dig their own graves.
(d) Shoot someone else.
13. In an attempt to neutralize the militant efforts of Andrei, what does Paul Bronski offer Andrei if Andrei will disband his military resistance?
(a) The return of 100 Jewish prisoners.
(b) More rations in the ghetto.
(c) An intervention by Koenig.
(d) An intervention by Koenig and more rations in the ghetto.
14. How does Andrei provide Gabriela with an opportunity to escape Poland?
(a) He gets her an Australian passport.
(b) He arranges for her to be sneaked in to Hungary.
(c) He arranges for her to be sneaked in to Lithuania.
(d) He gets her an American passport.
15. What is the poor section of Warsaw, to which the Jews have been relegated, called?
(a) The Ghetto.
(b) The hood.
(c) The Grotto.
(d) The slums.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Wolf Brandel work?
2. What physical feature primarily helps Andrei pass as an Aryan?
3. What does Koenig ask Max Kleperman to do?
4. Where does Brandel decide to more his wife and children in Part 2, Chapter 12?
5. Paul Bronski is told he must move out of his home because ______ is(are) moving in.
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)