Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the poor section of Warsaw, to which the Jews have been relegated, called?
(a) The Grotto.
(b) The slums.
(c) The hood.
(d) The Ghetto.
2. What is Christopher Di Monte's profession?
(b) News Anchor.
3. What year is it in Part 2, Chapter 17, when all Warsaw Jews are in the ghetto?
4. What is the name of the council meeting under the direction of Alex Brandel?
(a) The Babylon Council.
(b) The Bethleham Council.
(c) The Zionist Council.
(d) The Bathyran Council.
5. Of what does Gabriela accuse the Archbishop of Warsaw?
(a) Defiling the meaning of Christianity.
(b) Stealing food and water from his brethren.
(c) Speaking blasphemy.
(d) Stealing money from his brethren.
6. Who is David Zemba?
(a) Deborah's brother.
(b) The labor Zionist leader.
(c) A pianist and member of the Jewish Council.
(d) Director of the American Relief Society.
7. What is Rudolph Schreiker's official title?
(a) Nazi Commandant of Warsaw.
(b) Nazi Sergeant of Warsaw.
(c) Nazi General of Warsaw.
(d) Nazi Regulator of Warsaw.
8. What was Chris' father?
(a) A French Ambassador.
(b) An Italian Count.
(c) An Italian Ambassador.
(d) An American businessman.
9. How does the relationship between Wolf and Rachel change in Part 2, Chapter 21?
(a) They admit they think of each other as best friends.
(b) They admit they love other people.
(c) They get in a fight and stop talking.
(d) They admit their love for one another.
10. What job does Gabriela have in Part 2, in order to help her be less conspicuous?
(b) Ticket taker.
(d) She is unemployed.
11. Why will Andrei not marry Gabriela?
(a) He doesn't believe that she really loves him.
(b) He wants to wait until the country is calmer so they can have a proper wedding.
(c) If Germany defeats Poland, having a radical Jewish husband will not be good for her.
(d) He doesn't really love her.
12. Who is Wolf?
(a) Brandel's oldest son.
(b) Paul Bronski's oldest son.
(c) Franz Koenig's oldest son.
(d) A Nazi general in Warsaw.
13. What does Solomon have to say about Jewish persecution?
(a) Jews were persecuted in the past to pay for the world's sins.
(b) Jews have always been persecuted, and always will be.
(c) He refuses to comment on Jewish persecution.
(d) Jews have been persecuted enough in the past; it is not time to fight back.
14. How do Franz Koenig and Paul Bronski know each other?
(a) They used to play cards together.
(b) They are colleagues.
(c) They went to school together.
(d) They are friends.
15. What is prohibited to Jews in Warsaw?
(a) Education and religious practices.
(b) Food and water.
(c) Alcohol and drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what position does Franz Koenig appoint Paul Bronski?
2. What skill earns Gabriela her job?
3. In Part 2, Chapter 21, what is Rachel providing for the children of the orphanage?
4. Despite his personal feelings toward Nazi policies, what does Horst Von Epp do?
5. What does Andrei primarily need for the resistance movement he wants to start?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)