|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Part 2, Chapter 8, what does Chris insist he will have to stop doing in order to avoid additional scrutiny?
(a) Stop carrying German money from the embassy in Russia.
(b) Stop carrying American money from the embassy in Cracow.
(c) Stop carrying Hungarian money from the embassy in Cracow.
(d) Stop carrying German money from the embassy in Hungary.
2. Why does Brandel decide to move his wife and children?
(a) To set them up for escape later.
(b) To avoid having to move later when the Nazis take over his house.
(c) To bring them closer to food stores.
(d) To be closer to Bathyran's operations.
3. How is Paul Bronski's living situation different than most other Jews in Warsaw?
(a) He lives in a nice apartment outside of the ghetto.
(b) He still lives with his family.
(c) He has already been moved by the Nazis, so the worst is over.
(d) He lives in an apartment instead of a house.
4. Andrei visits Paul Bronski in Part 2, Chapter 4 and tries to convince him of what?
(a) That Bronski should find an underground bunker to join.
(b) That the Nazis have far worse plans for the Jews.
(c) That Bronski is a target for the Nazis.
(d) That he should give financial backing to Bathyrans.
5. What does Deborah believe has caused Paul's misfortune?
(a) She is unsure what he has done to deserve it.
(b) Paul's tendency to fight without planning.
(c) Her love affair with Chris.
(d) Paul's deviance from his religion.
6. What is the general Jewish response to the horrors in Part 2, Chapter 22-24?
(a) Increase in suicides.
(b) Multiple organized resistance movements.
(c) Fear and silence.
(d) Fear and outrage.
7. What is Paul's son's name?
(c) Paul Jr.
8. In Part 3, who is the new contact on the Aryan side for Andrei's make-shift army?
(a) Chris De Monti.
(b) Ana Grinspan.
(c) Andrei Androfski.
(d) Gabriela Rak.
9. Who purchases "Aryan Papers"?
(a) American immigrants to Germany.
(b) Wealthier Jews living as non-Jews.
(c) Jews who have escaped the ghetto and are trying to pass as non-Jews.
(d) Russian immigrants to Germany.
10. With whom is Wolf in love?
(a) Rachel Bronski.
(b) Deborah Bronski.
(c) No one.
(d) Gabriela Rak.
11. What happens to Rabbi Solomon's synagogue?
(a) It is converted into an orphanage.
(b) It is burned down.
(c) It is closed down.
(d) It is converted into a Nazi headquarters.
12. Who is Simon Eden?
(a) Director of the American Relief Society
(b) Deborah's brother.
(c) The labor Zionist leader.
(d) A pianist and member of the Jewish Council.
13. Germans agreed to a prisoner exchange of _____ Pole(s) for _____ German(s).
14. By the time Chris De Monti has returned from reporting on the Eastern Front, where is Ervin living?
(a) In the ghetto.
(b) No one knows.
15. How does Franz Koenig feel about the recent events in Part Two, Chapter 1?
(a) He his happy about Paul's misfortune.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is unsure how to feel about everything.
(d) He is very worried about Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ervin Rosenblum's profession?
2. What are Andrei and Chris debating in Part 1, Chapter 7?
3. When Ervin calls at the end of Part 1, Chapter 9, what news does he have?
4. In Part 2, Chapter 21, what is Rachel providing for the children of the orphanage?
5. What is the poor section of Warsaw, to which the Jews have been relegated, called?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)