|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the Poles sent for the prisoner exchange?
(a) They are already dead.
(b) They are all insane.
(c) They are all amputees.
(d) They are all very ill.
2. There is pressure on Chris to close the news agency, but he will not ____________.
(a) Sacrifice his career.
(b) Be bullied into it.
(c) Stop reporting the atrocities.
(d) Leave Deborah.
3. After all communication with the world is cut off, how does Chris send out his report?
(a) Through Morse code.
(b) Through evacuating Americans.
(c) He secretly mails them to a friend in America.
(d) He doesn't. He saves them to send out later.
4. Why will Andrei not marry Gabriela?
(a) He wants to wait until the country is calmer so they can have a proper wedding.
(b) He doesn't really love her.
(c) He doesn't believe that she really loves him.
(d) If Germany defeats Poland, having a radical Jewish husband will not be good for her.
5. Where does Paul Bronski want his estate accounts taken in order to be turned into other currencies and investments?
(d) South Africa.
6. Part Two, Chapter 1 begins with a ________ by Brandel.
(d) Journal entry.
7. Why does Brandel decide to move his wife and children?
(a) To avoid having to move later when the Nazis take over his house.
(b) To bring them closer to food stores.
(c) To be closer to Bathyran's operations.
(d) To set them up for escape later.
8. Where does Gabriela work?
(a) The University of Cracow.
(b) The University of Warsaw.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) The American Embassy in Warsaw.
9. What is Rudolph Schreiker's official title?
(a) Nazi General of Warsaw.
(b) Nazi Commandant of Warsaw.
(c) Nazi Regulator of Warsaw.
(d) Nazi Sergeant of Warsaw.
10. In Part 2, Chapter 21, what is Rachel providing for the children of the orphanage?
(a) A music program.
(b) Organized play-time.
(c) Story-telling time.
(d) A reading program.
11. How does Paul characterize his wife's brother, Andrei Androfski?
(a) A potential understudy.
(b) A lowly criminal.
(c) A crazy radical.
(d) A respected politician.
12. Where do Alex Brandel and Andrei disagree in their discussion at the council meeting in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) Andrei believes Jews have created their current position by being submissive, while Brandel believes it was inevitable due to German political power.
(b) Brandel believes Jews must leave Poland, while Andrei believes they should stay and fight for equality.
(c) Andrei believes Jews must leave Poland, while Brandel believes they should stay and fight for equality.
(d) Brandel believes Jews have created their current position by being submissive, while Andrei believes it was inevitable due to German political power.
13. Who is trying to unify the many Jewish factions in an all out attempt to resist Nazi restrictions in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Franz Koenig.
(c) Alex Brandel.
(d) Paul Bronski.
14. Who had Von Epp originally requested that Chris fire?
(a) Ervin Rosenblum.
(b) David Zemba.
(c) Everyone working for him.
(d) Simon Eden.
15. What does Solomon have to say about Jewish persecution?
(a) Jews have always been persecuted, and always will be.
(b) Jews have been persecuted enough in the past; it is not time to fight back.
(c) Jews were persecuted in the past to pay for the world's sins.
(d) He refuses to comment on Jewish persecution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on Chris' response to Von Epp's invitation for a night of dinner and girls, what does Von Epp assume?
2. What is Ervin Rosenblum's profession?
3. What does Deborah believe has caused Paul's misfortune?
4. In what condition does Gabriela find Andrei and Chris in Part 1, Chapter 7?
5. Despite his personal feelings toward Nazi policies, what does Horst Von Epp do?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)