|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After all communication with the world is cut off, how does Chris send out his report?
(a) Through Morse code.
(b) Through evacuating Americans.
(c) He doesn't. He saves them to send out later.
(d) He secretly mails them to a friend in America.
2. Where does Gabriela work?
(a) The American Embassy in Warsaw.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) The University of Cracow.
(d) The University of Warsaw.
3. What of Paul Bronski's does Dr. Franz Koenig covet?
(a) His political title.
(b) His fame.
(c) His wife.
(d) His position at the university.
4. Where do Alex Brandel and Andrei disagree in their discussion at the council meeting in Part 1, Chapter 8?
(a) Brandel believes Jews must leave Poland, while Andrei believes they should stay and fight for equality.
(b) Brandel believes Jews have created their current position by being submissive, while Andrei believes it was inevitable due to German political power.
(c) Andrei believes Jews must leave Poland, while Brandel believes they should stay and fight for equality.
(d) Andrei believes Jews have created their current position by being submissive, while Brandel believes it was inevitable due to German political power.
5. To where do Andrei and his Sergeant escape to in Part 1, Chapter 11?
(a) The woods.
(d) A peasant home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dr. Paul Bronski professional title at the beginning of the book?
2. What is the relationship between Chris and Deborah?
3. Why will Andrei not marry Gabriela?
4. There is pressure on Chris to close the news agency, but he will not ____________.
5. How does Paul characterize his wife's brother, Andrei Androfski?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)