|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapters 7-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is David Zemba?
(a) Deborah's brother.
(b) The labor Zionist leader.
(c) A pianist and member of the Jewish Council.
(d) Director of the American Relief Society.
2. What is the relationship between Chris and Deborah?
(a) They are engaged in a love affair.
(b) They work together.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are friends.
3. What does Deborah worry will happen, due to her relationship with Chris?
(a) He will lose his job.
(b) He will be targeted more strongly by the Nazis.
(c) Her father will be mad.
(d) Their 'sin' will be punished by God.
4. What was Chris' father?
(a) An Italian Count.
(b) A French Ambassador.
(c) An American businessman.
(d) An Italian Ambassador.
5. How does Andrei provide Gabriela with an opportunity to escape Poland?
(a) He arranges for her to be sneaked in to Hungary.
(b) He gets her an Australian passport.
(c) He gets her an American passport.
(d) He arranges for her to be sneaked in to Lithuania.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the poor section of Warsaw, to which the Jews have been relegated, called?
2. What does Deborah believe has caused Paul's misfortune?
3. When Ervin calls at the end of Part 1, Chapter 9, what news does he have?
4. Where is Franz Koenig's new office?
5. Between what did the German bombs not discriminate?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)