|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 9-12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Paul Bronski's living situation different than most other Jews in Warsaw?
(a) He lives in a nice apartment outside of the ghetto.
(b) He has already been moved by the Nazis, so the worst is over.
(c) He lives in an apartment instead of a house.
(d) He still lives with his family.
2. How many steps are there to Simon Eden, Emanuel Goldman, and David Zemba's plan?
3. What does Solomon counsel Brandel to do in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Treat others - even the Germans - how he wants to be treated.
(b) Gather church followers and train them to fight in the name of God.
(c) Have faith and remain a good Jew.
(d) Ask God for strength to fight the enemy.
4. What is the poor section of Warsaw, to which the Jews have been relegated, called?
(a) The Ghetto.
(b) The hood.
(c) The Grotto.
(d) The slums.
5. What happens at the location to which Andrei escapes in Part 1, Chapter 11?
(a) He gets lost.
(b) He is shot at by a German soldier.
(c) He is almost captured by a German soldier.
(d) He is nursed back to health.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the various Jewish factions finally combine, what are they called?
2. Who is Simon Eden?
3. In an attempt to neutralize the militant efforts of Andrei, what does Paul Bronski offer Andrei if Andrei will disband his military resistance?
4. How does Andrei provide Gabriela with an opportunity to escape Poland?
5. In Part 3, Chapter 3, The Civil Authority and the collaborating Jewish Security Force have been told that each must find three Jews a day for deportation, or what?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)