|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Connie see Stephen doing with the prosecutor and judge during Sibyl's trial?
(a) Exchanging money.
(c) Playing cards.
2. After going out to warm up her car, what did Sibyl discover when she returned to Charlotte's room?
(a) The baby died.
(b) Charlotte had stopped bleeding.
(c) Charlotte had passed out.
(d) Charlotte died while she was out.
3. What day of the week did Charlotte go into labor?
4. Who claimed that Charlotte bled in an arch when Sibyl cut her?
5. What did Connie spend most of her time doing the spring Charlotte's family came?
(c) Riding her best friend's horse.
(d) Riding bikes with her best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Connie the year her mother was charged with the death of a client?
2. What time was Charlotte ready to begin pushing?
3. What did Rand think they should do when the police officer visited in Chapter 7?
4. Why were the mothers of some of Connie's friends reluctant to let their children play with her?
5. How old was Connie when she first saw a baby born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Connie so upset when the jury returned to the courtroom?
2. Why was Connie able to go looking for Tom Cort on the afternoon he first kissed her?
3. Why did Stephen Hastings bring a photographer to take pictures of Sibyl?
4. What was Sibyl's first experience with childbirth?
5. Why did Sibyl agree to give the police officer who came to the Danforth home a statement without a lawyer present?
6. Why did Sibyl ask Asa to bring her a sharp knife?
7. How did Asa react to Sibyl's decision to perform a C-section?
8. What effect did Sibyl's job have on Connie and Rand's relationship?
9. What events occurred that prevented Sibyl from getting Charlotte the medical help she needed?
10. How did Sibyl's first experience with childbirth influence her decision to become a midwife?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)