|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what was Connie doing when a police officer arrived at their house?
(a) Making dinner.
2. When did Sibyl have her first experience with childbirth?
(a) Shortly before discovering she was pregnant with Connie.
(b) After learning she was pregnant with Connie.
(c) During college.
(d) When she was just a child.
3. Where did Connie find Tom waiting for her when she returned from looking for him?
(a) At the barn.
(b) At his house.
(c) At Charlotte's house.
(d) At her house.
4. What time of day did Sibyl expect to deliver Charlotte's baby?
(a) Around midnight.
(b) Shortly after dinnertime.
(c) Around noon.
(d) Early in the morning.
5. What was Sibyl preparing to do when she was informed about Charlotte's labor?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Go grocery shopping.
(c) Get an oil change for her car.
(d) Take Connie dress shopping.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sibyl's attorney?
2. What does Connie do at the Bedford home?
3. What is Connie's first impression of Charlotte?
4. What did Connie's parents do the Saturday morning after Charlotte's death?
5. Where did Connie first hear about Charlotte's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Sibyl to believe it might have finally been time to take Charlotte to the hospital?
2. How did Sibyl's first experience with childbirth influence her decision to become a midwife?
3. Why did the men at the party go on foot to find a telephone when the woman went into labor?
4. How did Rand feel about Sibyl's profession and why did he feel that way?
5. What was Connie's first experience with childbirth?
6. Why did Connie spend a lot of her time riding her best friend's horse?
7. Why was Connie able to go looking for Tom Cort on the afternoon he first kissed her?
8. What is the difference between Connie's profession and her mother's?
9. Why was Sibyl's appearance after Charlotte's death shocking to Connie?
10. Why did Connie feel better after first meeting Stephen Hastings?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)