|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Connie when Charlotte's family moved in?
2. Where did Connie hope to find Tom on the day her mother told her to make her own dinner because she'd be with a client?
(a) The baseball field.
(b) His house.
(c) The stables.
(d) The pool.
3. What movement did Sibyl become involved in after quitting college?
(a) The Black Panther movement.
(b) The hippie movement.
(c) The feminist movement.
(d) Green Peace.
4. How long did it take the ambulance to arrive for the woman who went into labor during the party that Sibyl attended?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) The ambulance did not come at all.
(c) Over an hour.
(d) 15 minutes.
5. What did Tom think Sibyl and Rand were smart to do?
(a) Refuse to speak with reporters.
(b) Not tell Connie about the case.
(c) Sign a statement.
(d) Look for a lawyer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day did Sibyl arrive at Charlotte's home after she went into labor?
2. What was the weather like during Charlotte's labor?
3. Who did Rand often spend long afternoons alone with when Sibyl was with clients?
4. Why did Sibyl quit college?
5. When did Sibyl have her first experience with childbirth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sibyl's first experience with childbirth influence her decision to become a midwife?
2. What was Sibyl's first experience with childbirth?
3. Why didn't anyone notice that there was an ice storm outside during Charlotte's labor?
4. How did Asa react to Sibyl's decision to perform a C-section?
5. What was Rand's reaction when Sibyl decided to provide the officer with a signed statement?
6. What is the difference between Connie's profession and her mother's?
7. Why did other people find the words that Connie used as a child strange and uncomfortable?
8. Why did Sibyl agree to give the police officer who came to the Danforth home a statement without a lawyer present?
9. Why did Sibyl ask Asa to bring her a sharp knife?
10. What caused Sibyl to believe it might have finally been time to take Charlotte to the hospital?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)