|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sibyl ask Asa to bring her after Charlotte stopped breathing?
(a) A Bible.
(b) The phone.
(c) An oxygen tank.
(d) A sharp knife.
2. During Charlotte's labor, who did Sibyl send to be with her until Sibyl could get there?
(c) No one.
3. What often seemed to fuel the arguments between Rand and Sibyl?
(d) Sibyl's friends.
4. What is the name of the Bedfords' son?
5. What did Connie's parents do the Saturday morning after Charlotte's death?
(a) Gave a statement to the police.
(b) Stayed home with Connie.
(c) Visited lawyers.
(d) Visited Asa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Connie do the Saturday after Charlotte's death?
2. What was Charlotte's last name?
3. What needs did Sibyl attend to for her clients?
4. Why did Connie become hysterical when the jury returned to the courtroom?
5. What was the weather like during Charlotte's labor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused Sibyl to believe it might have finally been time to take Charlotte to the hospital?
2. How did Sibyl's first experience with childbirth influence her decision to become a midwife?
3. Why didn't anyone notice that there was an ice storm outside during Charlotte's labor?
4. Why was Connie able to go looking for Tom Cort on the afternoon he first kissed her?
5. What was Sibyl's first experience with childbirth?
6. Why did the men at the party go on foot to find a telephone when the woman went into labor?
7. Why did Sibyl agree to give the police officer who came to the Danforth home a statement without a lawyer present?
8. Why did Connie spend a lot of her time riding her best friend's horse?
9. What was Rand's reaction when Sibyl decided to provide the officer with a signed statement?
10. How did Stephen Hastings describe Charlotte's death?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)