|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Connie when she first saw a baby born?
(d) 7 or 8.
2. What was Charlotte's last name?
3. How old was Connie the year her mother was charged with the death of a client?
4. What did the men at the party do when Sibyl's friend went into labor?
(a) Stayed to watch.
(b) Rushed the woman to the hospital.
(c) Went to the bar down the street.
(d) Walked to the nearest phone.
5. What was the weather like during Charlotte's labor?
(a) There was an ice storm.
(b) There was a torrential rain storm.
(c) It was warm and sunny.
(d) There was a tornado.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factors made Sibyl decide to take Charlotte to the hospital?
2. How old was Connie when Charlotte's family moved in?
3. What time of day did Sibyl expect to deliver Charlotte's baby?
4. Why was Connie with her mother when Connie saw her first childbirth?
5. What is Connie's first impression of Charlotte?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Asa react to Sibyl's decision to perform a C-section?
2. What did Sibyl expect from Charlotte's birth experience when she first got there?
3. What effect did Sibyl's job have on Connie and Rand's relationship?
4. Why did other people find the words that Connie used as a child strange and uncomfortable?
5. Why did Connie feel better after first meeting Stephen Hastings?
6. Why did Sibyl agree to give the police officer who came to the Danforth home a statement without a lawyer present?
7. Why was Connie so upset when the jury returned to the courtroom?
8. What caused Sibyl to believe it might have finally been time to take Charlotte to the hospital?
9. How did Sibyl's first experience with childbirth influence her decision to become a midwife?
10. What was Connie's first experience with childbirth?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)