1. How old was Connie the year her mother was charged with the death of a client?
2. What season was it when Sibyl was charged with Charlotte's death?
3. In the prologue, what was Connie doing when the jury returned to the courtroom?
4. Why did Connie become hysterical when the jury returned to the courtroom?
They wouldn't look at her mother.
5. What did Connie remember was odd about the words she used as a young child?
They were words people don't use in polite conversation.
6. Why were the mothers of some of Connie's friends reluctant to let their children play with her?
Because her mother was a midwife.
This section contains 4,541 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)