|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 17-18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the state's first witness describe for the jury?
(a) Asa's hysterical rage on the night of Charlotte's death.
(b) The state of the infant upon his arrival at the Bedford home.
(c) The bloody scene in the Bedford's bedroom.
(d) The storm on the night of Charlotte's death.
2. What did Stephen want to do when he visited the Danforth home in Chapter 9?
(a) Speak with Connie.
(b) Take pictures of Sibyl's injuries.
(c) Visit Asa.
(d) Get a statement from Sibyl.
3. What complaint did Rand have about Sibyl's job?
(a) Rand thought she should be a real doctor.
(b) She didn't make enough money.
(c) She made more money than Rand.
(d) She was away from home a lot.
4. Who did the state call as their first witness?
(a) A state trooper.
(c) The medical examiner.
5. What does Connie think of the investigator Hastings hired?
(a) She was wild and exciting.
(b) She was sweet, but not very bright.
(c) She was suspicious.
(d) She was irritating and dull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the medical examiner say he found in Charlotte's abdomen?
2. The year that Charlotte's family arrived, who did Connie constantly hope to catch a look at?
3. Which entries in Sibyl's notebook did Connie read?
4. What did Tanner say about home births in his opening remarks?
5. Who opposed Sibyl and Rand's decision regarding Connie in Chapter 14?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)