|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lydgate's reaction to Rosamond's illness?
(a) He fears that Rosamond is really sick, and tends to her.
(b) He thinks Rosamond may be ill but neglects her out of anger.
(c) He thinks that Rosamond is feigning illness to get attention.
(d) He thinks that Rosamond is feigning illness so that he will not be angry with her anymore.
2. How many children do Mary and Fred have?
3. Mrs. Cadwallader tells Dorothea of the rumor that which two characters are having an affair?
(a) Fred and Celia.
(b) Sir Chettam and Rosamond.
(c) Ladislaw and Rosamond.
(d) Ladislaw and Celia.
4. When Ladislaw's messenger arrives at Lowick, Dorothea is not there. Where is she?
(a) In town.
(d) Stone Court.
5. Who rebukes Fred's gambling habit and implores him to behave in a manner that makes him worthy of Mary Garth?
(b) Mr. Garth.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to his will, Dorothea will forfeit her share of Casaubon's estate if she does what?
2. What condition affects Rosamond in Chapter 47?
3. Dorothea has how many children?
4. To whom does Rosamond write, asking for money?
5. What does Bulstrode ask Mr. Garth to do after Bulstrode leaves town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rosamond's response when Lydgate confesses all of his debts?
2. What is Mrs. Bulstrode's reaction to what Mr. Vincy tells her about her husband?
3. Describe the reunion between Dorothea and Ladislaw.
4. What happens at the end of Chapter 71, during and after the town meeting?
5. Describe the circumstances of Casaubon's death.
6. Describe the events leading up to Fred and Mary's marriage.
7. Why is Dorothea upset about Casaubon's will?
8. How does Rosamond lose her baby?
9. What does the narrator say in describing Dorothea's character?
10. What does Mrs. Cadwallader tell Dorothea in Chapter 62? What is Dorothea's reaction?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)