|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dorothea decide to do with her time now that she is a widow?
(a) Study the arts.
(b) Resume her charitable work.
(c) Venture back to Rome.
(d) Continue Casaubon's research.
2. What does Fred ask of Farebrother at the beginning of Chapter 52?
(a) To perform the wedding ceremony for Mary and himself.
(b) To deliver a letter of proposal.
(c) To loan Fred money.
(d) To get Mary's opinion on Fred pursuing a career in the church.
3. Who tells Mrs. Bulstrode some of the details concerning the gossip about her husband?
(b) Mrs. Cadwallader.
(c) Mr. Vincy.
4. Who takes over for Lydgate in caring for Raffles?
(b) Fred Vincy.
(c) Mary Garth.
5. Who breaks the news of Dorothea and Ladislaw's impending marriage to the Chettams?
(b) Mr. Brooke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bulstrode ask Mr. Garth to do after Bulstrode leaves town?
2. What ailment is affecting John Raffles while he resides at Stone Court?
3. To celebrate briefly being out of debt, Rosamond does what?
4. Who comes to visit Bulstrode after Lydgate leaves?
5. With whom does Dorothea collaborate to improve life for poor farmers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the events leading up to Fred and Mary's marriage.
2. What are the stipulations of Casaubon's will?
3. What happens at the end of Chapter 71, during and after the town meeting?
4. Summarize the rest of Dorothea and Ladislaw's life together.
5. What do Dorothea and Rosamond discuss?
6. What is Mr. Garth's plan to right the wrongs bestowed on Fred Vincy by Featherstone?
7. What revelation does Mrs. Garth make to Fred Vincy?
8. What happens between Bulstrode and Ladislaw in Chapter 61?
9. Describe the circumstances of Casaubon's death.
10. What is Mrs. Cadwallader's advice to mourning Dorothea?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)