|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has the tie breaking vote for the chaplain's appointment?
(d) Mr. Brooke.
2. Who is the cosigner for one of Fred's debts?
(a) Mr. Vincy.
(c) Mr. Garth.
3. The setting of Chapter 28 is where?
(a) Lowick Manor.
(b) Tipton Grange.
(c) Freshitt Manor.
(d) Stone Court.
4. What does Will want to do in the future?
(a) Travel abroad.
(b) Become a nobleman.
(c) Learn a trade.
(d) Get an education.
5. What was Casaubon and Dorothea's first argument about?
(a) Their honeymoon.
(b) Having children.
(c) Dorothea's education.
(d) Wedding plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who seeks out Lydgate at the beginning of Chapter 43?
2. By the end of Chapter 21, what is Edward's primary emotion regarding Will?
3. Fred is most upset that the debt he owes to Mr. Garth has hurt whom?
4. In the Prelude, the author describes the life of what saint?
5. Why does Sir James Chettam come to the dinner party at Tipton Grange?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Casaubon propose to Dorothea?
2. What do Featherstone's two wills state?
3. What happens as Mr. Brooke and Dorothea are touring Tipton?
4. What do Fred and Peter Stonehouse fight about?
5. What do Dorothea and Will talk about during Will's visit?
6. What are the reasons Mary Garth gives Fred for refusing to marry him? What is Fred's response?
7. After the reading of the will, how does Mr. Vincy feel about Rosamond's marrying Lydgate?
8. Why does Lydgate visit Lowick in Chapter 42?
9. What happens on the night of Featherstone's death?
10. Summarize Lydgate's background.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)