|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Brooke refuse to talk politics with his guest?
(a) His guest is lower-class.
(b) His guest is rude.
(c) His guest is a woman.
(d) His guest is uneducated.
2. What position does Farebrother hold in town?
3. How does Featherstone feel about Mary giving up her savings?
(a) He feels guilty for not loaning Fred the money himself.
(b) He envies her charitable spirit.
(c) He thinks she should stop being so selfless.
(d) He admires her kindness.
4. What is Bulstrode's occupation?
5. At Dorothea's behest, Mr. Brooke writes a letter inviting whom to Tipton Grange?
(a) Will Ladislaw.
(d) Sir Chettam.
6. Why does Sir James Chettam come to the dinner party at Tipton Grange?
(a) To steal from the Brookes.
(b) To court Celia.
(c) To discuss business with Mr. Brooke.
(d) To court Dorothea.
7. Who is the cosigner for one of Fred's debts?
(b) Mr. Garth.
(c) Mr. Vincy.
8. Where is Lydgate at the beginning of Chapter 42?
(d) Stone Court.
9. What does Will call Lowick?
10. Fred is most upset that the debt he owes to Mr. Garth has hurt whom?
(a) Mr. Garth.
(c) Mrs. Garth.
11. In the opening chapters, what is Dorothea's charitable project?
(a) Designing cottages for the poor.
(b) Volunteering at an orphanage.
(c) Tutoring schoolchildren.
(d) Raising money for hospitals.
12. Naumann is introduced in Chapter 19. Who is he?
(a) Dorothea's chauffeur.
(b) Casaubon's student.
(c) Casaubon's colleague.
(d) Will's friend.
13. How does Dagley react to inquiries about his son?
(a) He gives Mr. Brooke a piece of his mind.
(b) He hires Mr. Brooke for a job.
(c) He thanks Mr. Brooke for his interest.
(d) He offers to work for Mr. Brooke.
14. Whom does Mr. Brooke hire to write his speeches?
(b) Will Ladislaw.
15. Farebrother reveals that Fred plans to study to become what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Chettam offer to Dorothea as a gift?
2. Dorothea chooses a room at Lowick that used to belong to which relative of Casaubon?
3. By the end of Chapter 21, what is Edward's primary emotion regarding Will?
4. Who is concerned for Dorothea's health?
5. How many wills are read after Featherstone's funeral?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)