|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 85-86.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the sole inheritor of Stone Court?
(a) Fred Vincy.
(c) Will Ladislaw.
(d) Joshua Rigg.
2. What does Fred ask of Farebrother at the beginning of Chapter 52?
(a) To loan Fred money.
(b) To perform the wedding ceremony for Mary and himself.
(c) To deliver a letter of proposal.
(d) To get Mary's opinion on Fred pursuing a career in the church.
3. What endeavor is the banker sponsoring?
(a) A community theatre.
(b) The mayor's campaign.
(c) A new hospital.
(d) A school.
4. Where is Lydgate at the beginning of Chapter 42?
(b) Stone Court.
5. Lydgate compares himself to physicians of old who did what?
(a) Refused to treat poor patients.
(b) Dissected animals.
(c) Exhumed corpses to study anatomy.
(d) Used unsterilized instruments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ladislaw refuse the money offered to him by Bulstrode?
2. Whom does Mr. Brooke hire to write his speeches?
3. Fred is most upset that the debt he owes to Mr. Garth has hurt whom?
4. What has changed for Celia by the time of Casaubon's death?
5. Who has decided to leave town in Chapter 76?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)