|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 58-60.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Casaubon want Dorothea to do in Chapter 48?
(a) Move to Rome with him.
(b) Have a child.
(c) Leave him and marry someone else.
(d) Respect his wishes after his death.
2. The men on the board of the hospital meet to vote on the new chaplain. The vote is a tie between which characters?
(a) Tyke and Cadwallader.
(b) Tyke and Farebrother.
(c) Cadwallader and Farebrother.
(d) Cadwallader, Farebrother, and Tyke.
3. What does Brooke tell Ladislaw at the end of Chapter 51?
(a) He is giving Ladislaw five hundred pounds.
(b) He wants Ladislaw to marry Dorothea.
(c) He wants Ladislaw to be his running mate.
(d) He has sold the paper and is laying off Ladislaw.
4. Why does Mrs. Bulstrode think Lydgate should not marry Rosamond?
(a) He/she admires Lydgate.
(b) There is something sinister about Lydgate that Rosamond does not know.
(c) Lydgate's social standing is not high enough.
(d) He/she admires Rosamond.
5. Who discerns the reason for Lydgate's avoidance of Rosamond?
(b) Mr. Vincy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Will Ladislaw is what relation of Casaubon?
2. What feminine pastime does Dorothea deem wasteful?
3. Who is no longer welcome at Freshitt in Chapter 51 because of political differences?
4. What condition affects Rosamond in Chapter 47?
5. Lydgate's reputation is bolstered when his medical advice is sought by whom?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)