|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Casaubon live?
(b) Tipton Grange.
(c) Stone Court.
2. What was Casaubon and Dorothea's first argument about?
(a) Wedding plans.
(b) Dorothea's education.
(c) Having children.
(d) Their honeymoon.
3. Dorothea is awed and intimidated by what characteristic of Casaubon?
(a) His size.
(b) His wealth.
(c) His intellect.
(d) His heritage.
4. What endeavor is the banker sponsoring?
(a) The mayor's campaign.
(b) A school.
(c) A community theatre.
(d) A new hospital.
5. The men on the board of the hospital meet to vote on the new chaplain. The vote is a tie between which characters?
(a) Cadwallader, Farebrother, and Tyke.
(b) Tyke and Cadwallader.
(c) Cadwallader and Farebrother.
(d) Tyke and Farebrother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Regarding Dorothea, Sir Chettam seeks whose counsel?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 16, the people of Middlemarch are gossiping about the appointment of a _________ for the new hospital.
3. What is Bulstrode's occupation?
4. What position does Farebrother hold in town?
5. Lydgate and Rosamond agree that one of the drawbacks of living in a rural area is that there are so few good:
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)