|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 73-75.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event is attended by most of Middlemarch?
(a) The county fair.
(b) The Larcher auction.
(c) A hanging.
(d) The election.
2. Why do the Vincys change their family doctor?
(a) A recommendation.
(b) A misdiagnosis.
(c) A lawsuit.
(d) A move.
3. What is the disastrous result of Rosamond's rebellious act in Chapter 58?
(a) She suffers a miscarriage.
(b) She contracts a disease.
(c) She leaves her husband.
(d) She is shunned by the community.
4. Rosamond insisted on having what items, putting Lydgate in debt as a result?
(b) Household items.
5. What endeavor is the banker sponsoring?
(a) A new hospital.
(b) The mayor's campaign.
(c) A school.
(d) A community theatre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Raffles tells Ladislaw that his mother left her family to become what?
2. Celia insists that Dorothea not wear what?
3. Why does Chettam recommend Lydgate to Dorothea?
4. Lydgate's reputation is bolstered when his medical advice is sought by whom?
5. Why does Mr. Brooke refuse to talk politics with his guest?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)