|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 25-27.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mr. Brooke disapprove of Dorothea's engagement to Casaubon?
(a) He thinks Dorothea is too young to marry.
(b) He thinks Casaubon is too old.
(c) He wants Dorothea to remain unmarried.
(d) He wants Celia to marry before Dorothea.
2. What does Mr. Vincy want Bulstrode to do?
(a) Come to dinner.
(b) Pay him back.
(c) Write a letter.
(d) Loan him money.
3. Dorothea and Casaubon argue over what in Chapter 19?
(a) Financial issues.
(b) Dorothea's role in their marriage.
(c) Whether to have children.
(d) How long to stay in Rome.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 4, from where are Dorothea and Celia returning?
(a) A visit to Sir Chettam's estate.
(b) A visit to Edward Casaubon's estate.
(c) The market.
(d) The bank.
5. Dorothea is awed and intimidated by what characteristic of Casaubon?
(a) His heritage.
(b) His intellect.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His size.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Tipton Grange just as Casaubon is leaving?
2. The setting of Chapter 19 is where?
3. Chapter 15 provides a brief biography of which character?
4. What does Mrs. Vincy hope Fred will do?
5. How does Featherstone feel about Mary giving up her savings?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)