|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 67-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Garth get the money to cover Fred's debt?
(a) Her husband's desk drawer.
(b) Her own wages.
(c) The sale of her artwork.
(d) Her son's school fund.
2. When Lydgate asks Bulstrode for a loan, what is Bulstrode's response?
(a) He suggests that Lydgate consider bankruptcy.
(b) He reluctantly agrees to loan Lydgate the thousand pounds he needs.
(c) He demands that Lydgate offer the deed to his house as collateral.
(d) He asks for a day to consider.
3. What do the other doctors in Middlemarch do to earn extra money, which Lydgate refuses to do?
(a) Prescribe unnecessary medications.
(b) Practice veterinary medicine.
(c) Experiment on human test subjects.
(d) Write articles for questionable publications.
4. Dover, the man to whom Lydgate owes many of his debts, has come to repossess what item(s) belonging to Lydgate?
5. Fred is most upset that the debt he owes to Mr. Garth has hurt whom?
(a) Mrs. Garth.
(c) Mr. Garth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bulstrode ask Mr. Garth to do after Bulstrode leaves town?
2. Will and Adolf convince Dorothea and Casaubon to do what?
3. Chapter 23 begins Book Three. What is the title of this book?
4. Lydgate compares himself to physicians of old who did what?
5. To pay off his debts, Fred decides to sell what?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)