|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 67-69.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does this character visit Lydgate?
(a) To pledge an annual gift to the new hospital.
(b) To obtain medical care.
(c) To collect a debt.
(d) To give him news of his family.
2. Where does Mrs. Garth get the money to cover Fred's debt?
(a) The sale of her artwork.
(b) Her husband's desk drawer.
(c) Her own wages.
(d) Her son's school fund.
3. What do the other doctors in Middlemarch do to earn extra money, which Lydgate refuses to do?
(a) Practice veterinary medicine.
(b) Write articles for questionable publications.
(c) Prescribe unnecessary medications.
(d) Experiment on human test subjects.
4. Who seeks out Lydgate at the beginning of Chapter 43?
(c) Mr. Brooke.
5. What does Lydgate think is the real reason for Bulstrode's resignation?
(a) It is too much work.
(b) Bulstrode's declining health.
(c) Bulstrode thinks Lydgate would do a better job.
(d) The operational cost of the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bulstrode tell Lydgate he wants to resign from overseeing the hospital?
2. Lydgate compares himself to physicians of old who did what?
3. When Lydgate asks Bulstrode for a loan, what is Bulstrode's response?
4. To pay off his debts, Fred decides to sell what?
5. What does Bulstrode ask Mr. Garth to do after Bulstrode leaves town?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)