|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The next time Rutherford talks to Falcon, what does Falcon tell him he plans to do with the Allmuseri once they reach land?
(a) Keep them for himself.
(b) Sell them.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Set them free.
2. According to Rutherford, what are Falcon's legs shorter than?
(a) His captain's chair.
(b) His chart table.
(c) His bed.
(d) His dining table.
3. What was the profession of Captain Falcon's father?
4. How many lines of a book had Captain Falcon taught himself to read at once?
5. Where does the explorer now reside?
(a) In a plantation in New Orleans.
(b) In a hacienda in Madrid.
(c) In a temple in Bangalang.
(d) In an institution for the insane in Havana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rutherford eventually take up as a career?
2. The name of the ship on which Rutherford's new acquaintance is sailing is:
3. Who is appointed captain once Falcon is out of the way?
4. What is Tommy no longer able to do after he tries to look at the cargo?
5. What percentage was Captain Falcon set to receive of the cargo's value?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the day Rutherford meets Baleka and her mother, he throws Baleka a biscuit. What is her mother's response?
2. Once Rutherford has broken into the captain's quarters, what does he not do?
3. When Rutherford is awakened by Cringle and other members of the Republic's crew, why is he so quick to obey Cringle when he orders him to his feet?
4. What, according to Rutherford, is proof of Isadora's kind heart?
5. As the Republic leaves the African coast, to what does Rutherford attribute the uneasiness he senses in Captain Falcon?
6. In what languages does Captain Falcon think simultaneously?
7. Rutherford's first excuse for coming aboard the ship is that he is Squibb and is ready to work. What is his second excuse, after Cringle tells him that Squibb is on board?
8. How does Rutherford describe Captain Falcon?
9. As Rutherford learns more about the Republic from Cringle, he finds it is a typical ship. What, according to Rutherford, is a "typical ship"?
10. What does Rutherford think about Isadora's choice of New Orleans as her city of residence?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)