Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Entry 1: June 14, 1830
1. What tendency of Rutherford's can Reverend Chandler do nothing to stifle?
2. What does Rutherford think about Isadora's choice of New Orleans as her city of residence?
3. How does Isadora try to convince Rutherford to change?
4. The night Rutherford meets with Zeringue, he finds that he owes Zeringue 50,000 francs. He also learns that Zeringue and Isadora have made a deal regarding his debt with Zeringue. What are the details of this deal?
5. When Rutherford, angry about the deal Isadora has...
This section contains 1,364 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)