Short Essay Questions
1. What tendency of Rutherford's can Reverend Chandler do nothing to stifle?
2. What does Rutherford think about Isadora's choice of New Orleans as her city of residence?
3. How does Isadora try to convince Rutherford to change?
4. The night Rutherford meets with Zeringue, he finds that he owes Zeringue 50,000 francs. He also learns that Zeringue and Isadora have made a deal regarding his debt with Zeringue. What are the details of this deal?
5. When Rutherford, angry about the deal Isadora has made with Zeringue, asks her "how could you do this to me?" what is her response?
6. Rutherford tells Isadora he doesn't want to marry anyone. As he thinks about the situation, what does he realize about his reluctance to marry Isadora?
7. What, according to Rutherford, is proof of Isadora's kind heart?
8. Why, although it is against his better judgment, does Rutherford steal Squibb's work papers?
This section contains 1,250 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)