1. Where did freedman Rutherford Calhoun work when he was a slave?
2. What does Rutherford say New Orleans women always smell like?
3. When he arrives in New Orleans, where does Rutherford try, but fail, to find work?
4. What does Rutherford eventually take up as a career?
5. What did Reverend Chandler, Rutherford's master, try to teach him while he was growing up on the plantation?
6. Rutherford warns the reader not to be too ________________ his way of life.
7. While in New Orleans, where does Rutherford like to hang out?
This section contains 4,765 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)