Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Entry 1: June 14, 1830
1. Where did freedman Rutherford Calhoun work when he was a slave?
2. What does Rutherford say New Orleans women always smell like?
3. When he arrives in New Orleans, where does Rutherford try, but fail, to find work?
4. What does Rutherford eventually take up as a career?
5. What did Reverend Chandler, Rutherford's master, try to teach him while he was growing up on the plantation?
6. Rutherford warns the reader not to be too ________________ his way of life.
7. While in New Orleans, where does Rutherford like to hang out?
8. What is Isadora's career?
9. What does Isadora tell Rutherford he should do instead of constantly getting drunk?
This section contains 2,394 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)